An Affordable Pioneer DJ Turntable with Precise Playback!
The Pioneer PLX-500 Direct Drive Turntable is a vinyl player that's as easy on your pocket as it is on your ears. Borrowing the same design and layout as its big brother, the Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable, the affordable PLX-500 is like a mid-level turntable at an entry-level price.
Check out this video introducing the Pioneer PLX-500:
An Affordable Solution for DJs and Music Lovers
The PLX-500 turntable is an affordable vinyl solution for record enthusiasts and DJs alike. Whether you're an audiophile keen to listen to your favorite music in the highest-quality format available, or you're a DJ looking for an affordable and portable way to throw down an old-school all-vinyl set, the PLX-500 has you covered with Pioneer's trustworthy construction and a timeless design.
Audiophiles who care how their music sounds will appreciate the precision of the PLX-500s direct-drive system. With cheaper belt-driven turntables, belts tend to stretch and warp over time, resulting in inconsistent pitch and playback speed. With a direct-drive system, like the one used in the PLX-500, playback will be spot-on, providing pitch and speed accurate playback album after album.
USB Output: Digitize Your Playback
For those interested in maintaining both analog and digital music libraries, the PLX-500 features a rear-mounted USB port for digitizing the turntable's output. This makes it easy to backup a digital copy of your vinyl collection, as well as allowing turntablists to record their performance, scratch for scratch. Convert your favorite LPs to digital, or create your own samples and loops -- USB output makes it easy!
- Direct-drive turntable with manual operation and analog or digital output
- Dust cover has built in clips for storing the sleeve to the vinyl you're playing
- LED power indicator with stroboscopic platter speed indicator bevel
- Servo-type direct drive mechanism
- 3-phase brushless DC motor
- Electronic braking system
- 332-mm die-cast aluminum platter
- Universal S-type tone arm
- Gimbal-supported bearing structure with static balance
- +/- 8% tempo control slider
- 0-4 gram adjustable stylus pressure
- Plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm records
- At least 1.6 kgf-cm starting torque, starts within 1 second at 33-1/3 rpm
- VM-type cartridge
- Stereo RCA analog outputs
- USB type-B port for digital output
- Includes slip mat, hard plastic dust cover, adapter for playing 45 rpm records, head shell with cartridge, stereo RCA cord, and USB cord
- Unit weighs 23.59 lbs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Pioneer products.
- Color: Black
- Width: 17.72"
- Height: 6.26"
- Depth: 14.49"
- Weight: 23.59 lb
- Drive Method: Servo-type direct drive
- Platter: Aluminium, die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Motor: 3-phase, brushless DC motor
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Rotation Speed: 33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm
- Rotation Adjustment Range: +/-8 %
- Wow and Flutter: < 0.15% WRMS
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 50 dB
- Starting Torque: > 1.6 kgf.cm
- Start Time: Within 1 sec (at 33 rpm) Arm Type:
- Universal type S-shape tone arm
- Gimbal-supported type bearing structure
- Static balance type
- Overhang: 0.63 in
- Effective Length: 9.07 in
- Tracking Error: Within 3*
- Height Adjustent Range: 0.24 in
- Stylus Pressure Variable Range: 0-4 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Cartridge Weight Single: < 9.5 g
- Cartridge type: VM
- Outputs: 1 PHONO/LINE (RCA)
- USB: 1 USB B port
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):