Tactile Workflow + Killer Sample Library = One Beat-Building BeastThe second-generation Native Instruments Maschine Groove Production Studio offers dramatic improvements over its predecessor, giving experienced and novice users alike a colorful, revamped set of tactile controls -- along with loads of included samples, FX, and a full version of NI's Massive synth -- that will take live performances to the next level.
Get a quick overview of the Maschine from Native Instruments:
Upgraded to speed up and improve your workflow, the Maschine is a hardware/software beast of an instrument that covers all the bases for computer-based music production. It's essentially a professional sampler, a pattern-based sequencer, a multi-effects unit, and a VST/AU plug-in host all in one sleek box, with streamlined buttons and knobs for composing, performing, sampling, slicing, and tweaking effects on the fly. Since you can use it to control your DAW as well as all your hardware sound modules and sequencers, the Native Instruments Maschine will quickly become the center of your rig.
Hear Maschine 2.2's drum synths in this video:
Eye-Catching ColorsThe Maschine's multicolored illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch help you organize your groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes according to color, so that during live sets, you have an easy way to remember which button is assigned to what. The pads and group buttons light up in your choice of up to 16 vivid colors, so you can find your sounds fast. In addition to being visually pleasing, the improved pads are also more sensitive than the original Maschine's, giving you a more precise way to play.
If you want yet another way to express yourself through color, you can use Maschine Custom Kits to customize Maschine hardware in five coordinated color schemes. Go beyond the safety of black hardware and let your Maschine stand out with an aluminum, magnetic faceplate with a set of matching, ergonomically-designed colored knobs.
Revised Master SectionIn the Maschine's Master section, a multifunction master push encoder and toggle buttons replace the original Maschine's set of three knobs. With the toggle buttons, you select the mode you want, and then with the master encoder, you can control volume, tempo, and swing. All in all, the revised master encoder gives you an quick, simple way to go through values without having to look at the screen or display.
Like the pads, the master encoder is supremely sensitive for precise navigation and detailed tweaking. Stepped action lets you count your adjustments as clicks.
Built-In Sounds Let You Plug and PlaySo you can play right out of the box, the Maschine comes with over 6 GB of sounds and patterns for creating killer rhythms and melodies -- drum kits, one-shot samples, basses, synths, and acoustic instruments are at your fingertips. NI's Komplete Elements collection of over 1,000 sounds from Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 Ultimate is included as well.
Get Massively Busy with Your BeatsIf that's not enough for you, the Maschine 2.2 software update provides Native Instruments' renowned Massive software synth, which features its own set of 1,300 sounds for making basses and leads. Instantly browse all those sounds on Maschine MKII hardware, and use the unit's eight control knobs to directly access Massive's eight Macro controls.
Time Stretch, Pitch Shift, FX, and MoreThe included software also provides time stretch and pitch shift capability. With the help of automatic BPM detection, you can stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, as well as stretch your audio to a specific length. The handy pitch shift function allows you to tune your samples and make your beats match harmonically.
Moreover, the Maschine 2.2 software offers creative effects tailored toward beat production. As a plus, NI's Transient Master dynamics and mixing effect is fully integrated in Maschine 2.2 software. Great for positioning drums and percussion, Transient Master allows you to mix from front to back, giving each sample the right amount of space. The other included effects -- Tube, Tape Saturator, and Tube Saturator -- imbue the Maschine with a sense of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression.
A long list of workflow improvements, with everything from host transport control to a new Panic button, is provided by the latest version of the software. The Maschine ships with version 2.2 software.
An Update That's Both Cosmetic and PracticalIn updating the Maschine, Native Instruments paid careful attention to all those little things that make an already good product even better, like click buttons that make a pronounced snap when pushed, responsive pads with sensitivity that you can control, high-contrast displays in a better color scheme that's easier to view in any kind of lighting, and so forth.
In addition, the layout of the controller's USB-connector and MIDI I/O is different than the original's, for lower risk of accidental unplugging. You won't have to worry about unintentionally pulling out those cables, because they're sure to stay put.
Watch out our exclusive overview of the Native Instruments Maschine MK2 :
Features:- Groove production/performance controller with built-in sounds, Massive software synth, effects, and more
- Hands-on controls let you easily browse, load, tweak, play, arrange, and automate all sampler, plug-in and effect parameters
- Control and sequence all of your external hardware instruments, or switch to MIDI mode to control other software
- Multicolored pads allow you to assign colors to the groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes, and see the pads and group buttons light up in the same colors
- Pads are more sensitive than ever, for much more precision
- Redesigned Master section lets you select modes with the toggle buttons and click through values without the need to look at the screen
- Maschine 2.2 software includes time stretch and pitch shift capability
- Includes beat-making effects such as Transient Master, Tube, Tape Saturator, and Tube Saturator
- Over 6 GB of ready-to-use sounds are built in
- Includes Massive synthesizer with over 1,300 bass and lead sounds
- Re-worked layout of the controller's USB-connector and MIDI I/O for lower risk of accidental unplugging
- Rubber feet for increased desktop grip
- Controls: 2 high-contrast displays, 16 multi-color pads, 8 endless rotary potentiometers, 1 master encoder, 47 backlit buttons, MIDI I/O, USB 2.2, and Kensington Lock
- Supported Interfaces: standalone, VST, Audio Units, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, and WASAPI
The Maschine is a creative production tool meant to streamline your setup and help you make music fast, both live and in the studio. A versatile machine, the Native Instruments Maschine can be used as a performance instrument and as a MIDI controller for performing your own tracks.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Native Instruments products.
- Windows: Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM
- Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions
- USB 2.0 Port, 11 GB free disk space for complete installationSupported Interfaces:
- Audio Units
- RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher)
- 2 displays with 64x256 pixels (inverted)
- 16 multi-color, high-quality, illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch
- 8 endless rotary potentiometers
- 1 endless encoder (30 steps)
- 47 backlit buttons
- MIDI I/O
- USB 2.0
- Kensington Lock
- Dimensions (WxLxH): 12.6" x 11.6" x 2.6"
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, White
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 866-556-6487
Native Instruments Maschine MK2MASCHINE is the groundbreaking groove production system for tactile, creative beatmaking with an acclaimed sound library -- combining the power and flexibility of software with the tactile immediacy of hardware. Its pattern-based sequencer, high-performance sampler, incredible suite of pro studio instruments and effects, exemplary drum synths, and acclaimed sound library deliver a complete system for fast, professional groove production. Create and perform fast with MASCHINE.
Control Your GrooveMASCHINE provides intuitive, tactile control for composing, sampling, slicing, performing, and more. Multi-color pads provide the ultimate feel. Dedicated group buttons and a master push encoder deliver hands-on control of sounds and key parameters. And eight display knobs automatically map to key instrument parameters for on-the-fly, two-handed tweaking and sound shaping.
Get hands-on control of MASCHINE 2.2 software without having to resort to using a mouse. Get instant visual feedback on MASCHINE's two, high-contrast displays. And because software can be easily updated, MASCHINE 2.2 will always keep you on the cutting edge of technology, pushing your creativity further than you ever thought possible.
Supreme Sounds InsideGet inspired by MASCHINE's 8 GB library of production-ready sounds. Create your own drums with sonically-outstanding drum synths -- a broad sweet spot makes it super-easy to dial in just the sound you're looking for. Modulate 24 pro-quality studio effects directly from the hardware. Plus you get full versions of MASSIVE, PRISM, SCARBEE MARK I, and the SOLID BUS COMP. Instant, professional sound in a one-stop package.
What's in Maschine 2.2 SoftwareMASCHINE 2.2 is the most responsive, fluid, and musical MASCHINE software ever. A top-of-the-line audio engine saves resources while delivering the highest audio quality possible. 32-bit float internal summing gives your tracks a shine you'll instantly notice. Advanced multi-core technology runs multiple processes in parallel, dividing complex tasks between your computer's cores. Run more plug-ins. Mix with ease. Load up even more sounds on unlimited groups, and so much more.
Audio Engine and Multicore Support: MASCHINE 2.2's audio engine adds sidechaining plus unlimited groups and insert effects to MASCHINE's powerful feature set. Multicore support ensures your computer handles it all in parallel with ultra-efficient processing.
User Interface: MASCHINE 2.2 makes it easier to get creative. A completely redesigned user interface accelerates your workflow with improved controls and even tighter visual feedback -- the perfect marriage of design and function.
Maschine Drum Synths: MASCHINE 2.2 comes equipped with a set of sonically-outstanding drum synths. Design hi-fidelity drum sounds with ultimate ease thanks to a broad sweet spot and intuitive interfaces.
Mixer: MASCHINE 2.2 now features a professional audio mixer. Finalize your tracks faster than ever with a paradigm in visual immediacy -- one view shows you groups, modular routing, aux sends, and more.
Improved Sampler: A plug-in view, zero-crossing detection, and overlapping slices make sampling in MASCHINE 2.2 simultaneously easier and even more powerful. And 8-point sample interpolation gives you the highest quality possible.
Plug-in Strip: MASCHINE 2.2's plug-in strip gives you a different way of seeing your instruments and effects. Each internal instrument and effect now has its own, individual layout for lightning fast visual recognition. Load any VST or AU plug-in into MASCHINE, load unlimited effect plug-ins, and get perfect integration with all KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects.
Tag-Based Visual Browser: Find your sounds faster with MASCHINE 2.2's tag-based visual browser. Browse by attribute, product name, and NI product visuals -- the most intuitive way to find your sounds yet.
Extended Library: MASCHINE's library has never delivered more possibilities. Kits and samples across all genres, drum synth kits, sampled instruments, MASSIVE presets, and projects give you everything you need to start creating immediately.
Included KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects: On top of MASSIVE, the workhorse synth for basses, leads, and pads, MASCHINE now includes full versions of the model synth for unique, percussive textures REAKTOR PRISM, the perfectly-sampled electric piano SCARBEE MARK I, and the high-end SOLID BUS COMP -- a full production arsenal ready to instantly enhance any track.
Studio Integration: MASCHINE 2.2 now lets you import MIDI files directly, send CC control to your studio gear, control MASCHINE parameters directly from your host DAW (without going through Macros), and send MIDI program changes to VST/Audio Units plug-ins for even more seamless integration into your studio environment.
Additional Features in Maschine 2.2 Software:
- Improved Arranger View now displays pattern lengths in the Scene Arranger. Ghost patterns are automatically displayed so you see which patterns in each scene are repeating
- Cue Channel lets you audition sounds when browsing and sampling, and create and pre-listen to entire patterns before sending them to the master bus -- an ultra-powerful feature when using MASCHINE live.
- Feedback Compressor based on a vintage classic features ultra-fast attack and analog-like warmth. Perfect for capturing drum and percussion transients other compressors might miss.
- Plate Reverb is a versatile reverb capable of sounds ranging from bright to dark with a light metallic quality. Great for snares and vocals and the perfect complement MASCHINE's Classic Reverb.
- Improved looping functionality lets you set loop ranges independent of scene loop ranges
- Auto-Follow Mode keeps the cursor on the exact point in the song playing -- identify sounds and make adjustments quickly and easily without having to scroll through your track to find the current playback position.
- Time Display gives you accurate time measurement in minutes and seconds.
- Scene and Pattern Manager for intuitive scene swapping and changing.
- Improved Step Sequencer now with feedback on the displays and velocity triggering.
- Gate Function lets you adjust the length of repeated notes when using the note repeat function.
- Multiple Sound Editing lets you edit parameters across several sounds at once for increased efficiency.
- Multiple Group Editing lets you edit parameters across several groups at once.
- Macro Controls are now also available on sound and master levels, as well as groups.
- Choke Group and Pad Link now on one screen for ultimate convenience
- Enhanced Choke Group Functionality lets you choke any sound sending MIDI -- incredible power and flexibility.
- Improved Undo Functionality now gives you the ability to undo and redo an entire take at once
- Customizable Metronome lets you load your own metronome sounds
- Improved Sampler Mapping gives you enhanced overview of all parameters with a list of all samples for easy access
- Independent Macro Controls on selected groups.