Martin's DCPA1 Plus Performing Artist acoustic-electric guitar is a solid axe for any performer of any style to take to the stage. The DCPA1 Plus pairs classic Martin design with modern electronics, for an instrument that's ready to project amazing tones in an amplified scenario. Featuring a solid Sitka spruce-topped body with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, hybrid X-scalloped body bracing, a smooth neck shaped in Martin's easy-to-handle Performing Artist profile, a cool-looking Delmar tortoise-colored pickguard, a black Richlite saddle and fingerboard with 20 frets, and pristine Fishman F1 Aura Plus electronics with an onboard tuner to keep your intonation in check. You get a solid slice of what Martin has to offer with this beautiful dreadnought acoustic-electric!
Solid Sitka Spruce and East Indian Rosewood BodyNothing affects your acoustic's tone more than the tonewoods it's made out of. Your Martin DCPA1 sports a Sitka spruce top with East Indian rosewood back and sides. Sitka spruce provides a broad dynamic range and mixes well with other woods like mahogany and rosewood to communicate a strong and crisp articulation. Rosewood pushes your lows and highs in an almost perfect balance of sonic resonance, keeping your tone mixed in a well-balanced combination of brightness and darkness.
Dependable and Crystal Clean Fishman F1 Aura Plus ElectronicsWhat good are top tonewoods without the proper electronics to project your playing in a full-bodied manner? Your DCPA1 houses a dependable and crystal-clear Fishman F1 Aura Plus pickup/preamp system to capture the deep and full sound this beautiful Martin acoustic-electric axe can deliver. An onboard tuner is also at your side to help keep your intonation in check. Switching between acoustic and acoustic-electric settings on this baby is as easy and as seamless as can be.
A Neck that Plays Like ButterMany guitarists don't often associate higher playing speeds with the necks of acoustic guitars. Your Martin DCPA1's select hardwood neck is cut into a comfortable and relaxed Performing Artist profile. As you wrap your hand around this appendage, you'll instantly notice how tight this baby's action is. Your fingers will glide like a breeze over its smooth-as-glass black Richlite fingerboard of 20 frets. See how fast your fingers can push themselves with this amazingly comfortable neck.
Features:- Solid Sitka spruce top with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Comfortable D-14 fret cutaway
- Hybrid X scalloped body bracing
- Solid ovangkol binding
- Select hardwood neck in relaxed performing artist profile
- Arrows and squares inlays
- Scale length of 25.4"
- Black acrylic headplate
- Black richlite saddle and fingerboard with 20 frets
- Fishman F1 Aura Plus electronics with tuner
- Gold enclosed tuners with large buttons
- Delmar tortoise colored Dreadnought styled pickguard
- Brown 345PA hardshell case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Martin products.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring - Pearl
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Solid Ovangkol
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Solid Ovangkol
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Fiber
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid
- Headplate: Black Acrylic
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Arrows & Squares
- Fingerboard Binding: Solid Ovangkol
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss ; Sunburst available at additional cost.
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone w/ Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Dreadnought Style - Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 345PA Hardshell - Brown
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 22 lbs