Need to record four simultaneous channels in your home studio? Run stereo sub-mixes through your outboard compressors? Send a bunch of separate headphone mixes, feed multiple pairs of monitors, or even set up a surround monitoring system? When you need more I/O, FireWire is the way to go. M-Audio's ProFire 610 audio interface gives you two mic preamps, two 1/4" analog line inputs, and a whopping eight 1/4" analog line outputs. With two of M-Audio's award-winning Octane mic preamps, 24-bit/192 kHz A/D converters, and JetPLL Jitter Elimination technology, the 610 is a solid DAW front end for home studios that need more I/O than the typical interface provides. And with its compact footprint, you can stash the FireWire-bus-powered ProFire 610 audio interface in your laptop bag for mobile recording sessions.
Two Octane Microphone Preamps
The ProFire 610 packs in many of the same features found in M-Audio's acclaimed ProFire 2626 recording interface: Octane microphone preamplifiers, JetPLL jitter-elimination technology, and 192 kHz/24-bit audio resolution on all inputs and outputs. Two Octane mic pres, complete with +48V phantom power and -20 dB pads, deliver a generous 73 dB of clean, transparent gain to help make the most out of your microphones. Since the ProFire 610 is so portable, it's a great choice if you need a mobile recording rig with two pristine preamp channels. Together with a laptop, this interface is ideal for capturing live performances in stereo. When you're not connected via FireWire, the ProFire 610 and its included power supply can function in standalone mode--that means you can take advantage of those two great mic preamps, automatically routing them to the analog 1-2 and S/PDIF outputs.
Extensive I/O for the Home Studio
With a total of 6 inputs and an impressive 10 outputs in a half-rack-space design, the M-Audio ProFire 610 delivers serious connectivity. Access analog inputs 1 and 2 via the front panel's XLR-1/4" combination jacks, and plug line-level effects or instruments into channels 3 and 4 via the back panel's 1/4" inputs. Connect monitor speakers and outboard gear to the impressive eight analog 1/4" outputs, and plug in a MIDI keyboard or other controller via the built-in 1x1 5-pin DIN MIDI interface. Digital S/PDIF gives you another two channels of I/O. You'll also find two front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume controls for cueing flexibility. There are even two FireWire 400 ports, so you can use your ProFire 610 interface as a hub and plug in a FireWire hard drive.
Versatile Routing for Surround Monitoring and More
Traditionally, all this I/O would require a mixer with a large footprint -- but the M-Audio ProFire 610 gives you ultimate routing flexibility while maintaining a compact footprint, thanks to its software control panel. This software mixer lets you create, save, and recall custom configurations for various recording situations. With the on-screen interface, you can assign sources freely to build multiple headphone mixes for multiple musicians -- up to five stereo mixes in all. You can also route hardware inputs directly to outputs for low-latency monitoring while tracking. If you're mixing in 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 -- a great application for the ProFire610's eight analog outputs -- you can assign the master volume knob to attenuate all output pairs simultaneously. Or for the standard stereo monitoring setup, assign the master volume knob to control the levels sent to outputs 1 and 2, while the other outputs operate independently. Between the four stereo pairs of analog outputs and M-Audio's software control panel, the ProFire 610 delivers the flexible monitoring and routing you need.
- Updated version of M-Audio's top-selling FireWire 410 audio interface
- Bus-powered FireWire audio interface in a compact half-rack-space design
- Four analog inputs and eight analog outputs plus S/DPIF for an impressive 6-in/10-out configuration
- Two high-quality Octane microphone preamps with -20 dB pads and +48V phantom power
- Two front-panel XLR-1/4" combination jacks accept microphone, line, or instrument-level sources
- Two front-panel headphone outputs with independent volume knobs
- User-assignable front-panel volume knob controls all eight outputs for surround mixing, or outputs 1-2 for stereo monitoring setups
- M-Audio's premium 192 kHz/24-bit A/D and D/A converters with JetPLL jitter-elimination technology for increased reliability
- 1x1 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O for connecting keyboards and other controllers
- Software control panel mixer gives you versatile control over monitoring and routing
If you need a great-sounding, stable FireWire interface that has tons of flexible I/O for your home studio setup -- plus is portable enough for mobile stereo recording with your laptop -- look no further than the M-Audio ProFire 610.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
M-Audio ProFire 610 Firewire Audio Interface is an excellent tool for computer-based Multi-track recording. The ProFire 610 turns your PC (or Mac) into an incredible 6 input/10 output recording studio. Excellent digital HD converters provide your setup with 24-bit/192kHz. Two Award winning preamps boast a transparent sound packed with headroom without the annoyance of a high noise level.
Built-in DSP mixing gives the user a flexible recording experience with 10 outputs perfect for sending multiple, separate monitor mixes. An assignable master volume knob gives the user control over the outputs. Connect your MIDI devices through the MIDI I/O. This versatile half-rack-space unit will also double as a two-channel microphone preamp and A/D-D/A converter. Compatible with most software available, the ProFire 610 is the perfect multi-track HD recording hardware for your Home or Studio.
- 6 x 10 simultaneous analog/digital I/O
- 2 award-winning Octane technology preamps
- Premium digital converters
- High-definition, 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Flexible onboard DSP mixer
- User-assignable master volume knob
- Functions as 2-channel mic pre/2-channel A/D-D/A converter
- JetPLL Jitter Elimination technology
- Compatible with major audio software
- Rugged, metal, half-rack-space chassis