Packed with many of the features found on Mackie's bigger and more expensive boards, the ProFX12 12-channel mixer delivers flexibility beyond its compact size. Setting up a PA for a small venue or band practice space? Ring out the room with the help of the ProFX12's 7-band graphic EQ inserted on the main stereo mix or monitor mix. Building a live rig? Dial in any of 16 gig-ready reverbs, delays, chorus effects and more with Mackie's onboard 32-bit effects processor, then control them with the mixer's footswitch jack. Need to record multiple mics? The ProFX12 is an economical solution for the desktop project studio, with six high-headroom phantom-powered XLR microphone preamps, a high-impedance (Hi-Z) input for a guitar or bass on channel 1, and the built-in 44.1 or 48 kHz/16-bit stereo USB interface. There's even a free download of Tracktion DAW software included, to help you get rolling right away.
Live Sound Workhorse with Graphic EQ
At under 10 pounds, the Mackie ProFX12 mixer is a ideal choice for portable PA rigs or short-term live sound installations. If you're running live microphones with the ProFX12's six XLR mic preamps, you'll love the addition of a 7-band graphic EQ. A graphic EQ is incredibly useful for killing feedback, letting you get more gain out of small PA systems -- great for band practice spaces or house shows. Plus, because it's a Mackie, you can rest assured that the ProFX12 is built like a tank, with a steel chassis, high-density ABS sides, and best of all, a standard-issue three-prong power cord. There's no proprietary power brick or wall wart, so if you misplace your mixer's power cord on the way to the gig, it's easy to replace immediately.
Gig-Ready Onboard Effects and USB Input
Not only does this mixer have an instrument-level input on channel 1 for directly plugging in your guitar or bass, but the "FX" in ProFX12 stands for the onboard 32-bit effects processor, loaded with 16 reverbs, delays, chorus effects, and more. Dial in effects with each channels' FX aux send, then plug in any standard 1/4" TRS footswitch pedal to mute and un-mute the effects with your foot. The USB input also makes this compact mixer perfect for solo performers that want to integrate backing tracks into their show. Stream backing tracks from a laptop and turn the dedicated knob to balance the USB input's level with your live microphones and instruments. Then, hit the handy Break switch to mute all channels for music playback in between sets.
Built-in USB Audio Interface + Included DAW Software
These days, everyone seems to have a home project studio, with a USB audio interface plugged into their laptop. The ProFX12 mixer is one step ahead, with its built-in USB stereo interface ready to get you rolling at home. The mixer comes with a free download for Tracktion DAW software. When you're playing along with tracks on your computer, you can send the entire mix back to your computer via USB, or choose to only send the "new" audio -- making it easy to record your own tracks to backing tracks.
More Routing Flexibility for Stage or Studio
Got outboard gear? The first four channels on the ProFX12 have 1/4" TRS insert jacks, perfect for inserting a compressor on a vocal microphone. Or, turn your four insert jacks into channel direct outputs by plugging in a mono TS cable -- great for feeding a multichannel interface from the Mackie's mic preamps. As you'd expect from Mackie, the ProFX12 has both XLR and 1/4" TRS main outputs along with RCA "tape" outputs that aren't affected by the Graphic EQ. And of course, you can plug your guitar or bass directly into the instrument-level input on Channel 1.
- Small-footprint 12-channel mixer
- 6 Mackie microphone preamps with +48V phantom power
- 4 stereo channels with 1/4" inputs
- Instrument-level switch on channel 1 for directly plugging in a guitar or bass
- 1/4" TRS insert jacks on the first four channels
- Three-band EQ on all channels
- Two aux sends (one pre-fade for foldback monitoring, one post-fade for feeding the FX send)
- Onboard 32-bit effects processor with 16 reverbs, delays, chorus effects, and more
- 7-band graphic EQ tunes the main speaker outs or monitor outs, to get more gain out of your PA system with less feedback
- Footswitch jack mutes and un-mutes internal effects with any one-button 1/4" TRS footswitch pedal
- Includes free download of Tracktion software
- Built-in 48 or 44.1 kHz/16-bit USB audio interface for streaming stereo audio to and from your computer
- Standard power cord -- no wall wart or power brick
Mackie practically invented compact mixers, and they're known for their outstanding build quality and value -- which is why Mackie mixers are found everywhere from professional broadcast studios to garage practice spaces. Add Mackie quality to your home recording setup or small PA system with the ProFX12 compact mixer.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Professional 12-channel Compact Mixer with onboard effects and USB I/O
- 6 low-noise, high-headroom Mackie mic preamps with easy LED metering
- 32-bit RMFX processor with 16 gig-ready reverbs, choruses and delays
- Precision 7-band graphic EQ for tuning Mains or Monitors
- USB I/O for recording shows and music playback via Mac or PC
- 4 full stereo channels plus extra stereo return for keyboards, external effects or stereo playback devices
- 60mm faders for input channels, returns and Main/Monitor masters
- 3-band active EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz and 12kHz) on all channels
- Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar, bass and other instruments
- Insert, 100Hz low cut filter, and 48V phantom power on all mic channels
- Stereo RCA tape I/O with input level control
- Headphone output with separate rotary level control
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4-inch Main outputs
- FX mute with remote control via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- Built-like-a-tank steel chassis with rugged, yet stylish ABS sidecheeks
- Switching power supply for worldwide use
- Includes free download voucher for Tracktion music production software
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs