The LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI is a studio quality direct box combined with a feature packed, state-of-the-art preamp and equalizer. The Para Acoustic DI's proprietary Quasi-Passive EQ circuitry is totally transparent and allows control over voicing without sacrificing tone - a big advance over conventional equalizers. It brings out the best in any pickup and will make you sound better. The Para Acoustic DI is quickly becoming a key component in the acoustic setups of both professional and amateur musicians alike.
L.R. Baggs electronics are the product of 20 years of relentless improvement and the quest for perfection. Their quality has been recognized with great reviews and numerous awards. They have also garnered a well-deserved reputation as the most advanced and best sounding circuitry for pickups on the planet. They are magic. You can be assured that you will sound your absolute best when you use the LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI preampp.
- Discrete Pure Class A Fet Input -- for pure audiophile sound and very low noise.
- Proprietary Quasi-Passive EQ - unlike most equalizers, the Para Acoustic D.I. does not pass the signal through any active stages to achieve the EQ function. This allows control of voicing without sacrificing tonal purity.
- 5 Band EQ Including:
- Sweepable Mid EQ with 2 octave range for the crucial midrange frequencies. - Precision Notch Filter eliminates feedback without destroying the sound quality.
- Presence Control adds sparkle to a dull PA or removes the glare from a bright PA.
- Low Band EQ tuned to best enhance the acoustic guitar.
- High Band EQ adds "frosting" & "air" without adding harshness.
- Adjustable Gain - up to 24 dB, allows the best performance and lowest noise with a variety of input sources, including low output pickups.
- Runs on 48V phantom power or 9V battery
- Intelligent Power Circuit works in the background to monitor phantom power status and turns the internal battery unobtrusively on or off as needed.
- Phase Inversion - for feedback control and optimum recording mix. XLR balanced output
- Ultra-High input impedance - delivers the full potential of any pickup.
- Series Effects Loop - is essentially an insert point that allows you to use a stereo Y-cable to inject effects through this point.
- External battery compartment - access allows quick and easy battery changes.
- Low cut filter - eliminates thumps and pumping.
- Battery status LED - stays on when unit is on and flashes when the battery is low.
- Phantom Power Indicator - alerts you to phantom power status with a green LED.
- High current buffered output - drives long cables into difficult, low impedance loads without fidelity loss.
- Roadworthy - a steel box, heavy double sided glass epoxy PC board with through plated holes, highest quality components and 100% QC testing ensure years of trouble free service.
- Low current consumption - 2.9 mA, provides 200+ hours of play time on a single 9V battery.
- Made in the USA
- 1 year warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
LR Baggs products.
Size: 5.6" x 3.6" x 1.9"
Weight: 14.5 oz.
Battery Type: Single 9V
Current Consumption: 2.9mA
Battery Life: 200+ Hours (alkaline)
External Power: 30-48V Phantom Power
EQ: Low: +/- 12dB @ 85Hz
Notch: +/- 6dB @ 98Hz-247Hz
Midrange: +/- 12dB @ 400Hz-1.6kHz
Presence: +/- 6dB @ 5kHz
Treble: +/- 12dB @ 10kHz
Low Cut Filter: Fixed, 12dB/oct. @ 35Hz
Gain: Internal Adjustable: From 4dB-24dB
Input Impedance: 10 Megohms
Signal to Noise: -88dB, unweighted
FX Send Impedance: 12k
FX Return Impedance: 100k
Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs