Product DescriptionThe Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 was the best selling tube head in America when it was released. Now, Line 6 has made it even better with its follow-up, the MkII, which incorporates even more amp models, effects, and sophisticated features into the all-tube design. It still features the signature boutique-style construction and still combines top of the line modern amp modeling with a genuine tube amp. Get the tone you always dreamed of, and build your own signature sound.
The Dream TeamWhen combining the best modeling has to offer with the best in tube amp construction, you want the best designers in both fields working together. Line 6's reputation for digital innovation is no secret, and they enlisted the help of tube wizard extraordinaire Reinhold Bogner to handle the analog side of things. The fruit of their labor--the Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MkII--has all the juicy harmonic goodness of the best boutique tube amps with the near infinite flexibility you expect from the digital realm.
Amp HeadThe Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MkII features 16 of the most advanced Line 6 amp models, which, in turn, were inspired by some of the most famous amp heads and combos in the history of rock. With the amp you get everything from the sparkling clean tones of a Hiwatt(r) Custom 100 to the iconic Marshall Roar--and a whole lot more, all in one amp head. These amp models don't just sound like the real deal, they respond like the real deal, too. Call up a vintage Fender-style amp, for example, and it's tone stack switches to the familiar "scooped mid" setup. And, to further take advantage of modern technology it has 20 Smart FX, with capabilities for deep editing, seamless integration with MIDI rigs, and two output modes (one for the studio, one for the road).
Real Tube Tone--From Real TubesMany "hybrid" amps use low voltage tubes in the preamp and solid-state electronics for the power section. It's no hybrid--it's a genuine tube amp that gives you all the richness and warmth of the classic tube sound. With the Spider Valve HD100 MkII, you get two 12AX7's in the preamp section for warm, creamy breakup, plus four 6L6's in the power section for 100 watts of smackdown!
Add the Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MkII to your rig today, get those tubes a-cookin', and top it off with the endless tweakability that comes with Line 6 modeling!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Line 6 products.
- 100 watts
- Class AB tube amp with two 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6 power tubes
- Build your tone with 16 of the most advanced Line 6 amp models to date
- 20 Smart FX (up to 4 at once)
- Quick Loop: 14-second sound-on-sound looper
- Noise Gate, Boost (up to +8dB pre, post or both), Volume routing
- Advanced routing and full adjustability up to 7 effect parameters
- Oversized two-line LCD
- MIDI input and output/thru for seamless integration into MIDI switching setups
- FBV Shortboard MkII and FBV Express MkII foot controller compatibility
- 128 user presets
- Sculpt your sound with Bass, Mid, Treble and Drive knobs
- Channel volume
- Manual mode for a traditional front-panel amplifier experience
- XLR Output supports two output modes: Performance Mode and Studio Mode
- Oversized LCD is easy to use and easy to read
- Built-in front-panel tuner
- 1/4" speaker outputs (single: 16 ohms; dual: 4 and 8 ohms)
- 1/4" power amp input and preamp output jacks
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Dimensions: 25.75" L x 10.75" H x 9.5" D
- Free access to Spider Online: 500+ guitar lessons, tones, jam tracks & more
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 818-575-3600
Product DescriptionThe result of a ground-breaking collaborative effort between living-legend amp designer Reinhold Bogner and renowned amp-modeling upstarts Line 6, Spider Valve MkII HD100 100-watt guitar amp head the best of both worlds: brawny, boutique-style tube tone and the most advanced Line 6 amp modeling with complete flexibility and deep editing.
Spider Valve MkII HD100 offers more amp models, effects and sophisticated features than its celebrated predecessor, the original Spider Valve HD100 combo (the #1-selling tube head in America**), but its all-tube design and boutique-style integrity keep it firmly rooted in the Spider Valve family.
Acclaimed Amp TonesThe Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MkII has the tools and tones you need to construct your sound from the ground up. It boasts 16 highly advanced Line 6 amp models, inspired by the most revered American, British and European heads and combos, each one custom tuned for the amp.
Need to shape your tone? Tweak the Bass, Mid and Treble knobs just like you would on the original vintage amps. you choose an amp model, the EQ section behaves just like the EQ of the modeled amplifier. The Spider Valve HD100 MkII gives you a complete, organic and fully authentic representation of its 16 vintage and modern amplifiers.
An Instant Collection of Essential FXThe Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MkII lets you start smart and dive deep with unprecedented control of the Line 6 Smart FX. 20 brilliant effects deliver unbelievable color, adjustability and routing options. You can adjust up to 6 parameters of any effect -- including the intelligent Smart Harmony and Pitch Glide, and easy-to-use 14-second Quick Loop -- and route it pre or post for an amazing collection of tone-shaping tools. Plus, it includes every guitarist's required palette of colors including beautiful Delays, tangy Mods, lush Reverbs and more. Up to 4 effects can be used simultaneously.
Fully Editable, Deeply SophisticatedThe Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MkII is poised to become the workhorse amp for all kinds of pro players. Its seamless integration into MIDI rigs allows for quick changes to all front-panel controls, easy synching of your time-based effects (to themselves and to your drummer's click-track) as well as other time- and energy-saving features.
Plus, two output modes deliver easy and effective solutions for recording and gigging. Performance Mode lets you send a signal, which provides tube and modeling interaction, via the XLR out to the front-of-house engineer. Studio Mode bypasses the tubes to send the platinum-album Line 6 modeling only.
Awesome Tube ToneMany so-called tube amps employ low-voltage "marketing" tubes to add authenticity to their "tube amp" claim. The Line 6 Spider Valve MkII HD100 boasts bona fide Bogner-designed 12AX7 preamp and 6L6 power amp sections that run at lethal voltages (about 300 volts and 450 volts, respectively) produce exceptional depth, tonal coloration and richness.
Exceptional FeelThe Line 6 Spider Valve MkII HD100 head pairs perfectly with optional 412VS closed-back cabinets. The slanted or straight cabs are stocked with four 12-inch Celestion(r) Vintatge 30 speakers to produce superior tone of the highest definition. Use them in mono or stereo, as a half-stack, or in any combination up to a perfectly ear-splitting set of eight.
Hands-Free Control & MoreLine 6 FBV(tm) foot controllers deliver out-of-the-box volume/wah, pitch control, preset control and more. FBV Shortboard(tm) MkII pairs perfectly with Spider Valve MkII HD100 to offer complete, hands-free control of the on-board Spider Valve MkII effects including Quick Loop, Smart Harmony and more. The bright and backlit oversized LCD makes it easy to see preset names and the chromatic tuner.
Spider Online -- Now Available!Spider Online is a free online resource for registered Spider amplifier owners that offers over 500 lessons, jam tracks and tones created by Line 6, artists and fellow Spider owners.
- Over 300 lessons covering all genres, styles, theory and application, and techniques
- Over 100 jam tracks, bass and drum grooves, and drum loops played by L.A. and Nashville's top session musicians
- Hundreds of tones that can be downloaded directly to Spider amps (or displayed on-screen for Spider amps that don't support USB connectivity)
- Every lesson includes tabs, audio samples and tones
- Available for owners of any Spider amp, including Spider I through IV, Spider Valve, Spider Jam and Micro Spider
Features- The best of both worlds: brawny, boutique-style tube tone and the most advanced Line 6 amp modeling with complete flexibility and deep editing; 100 watts; 12AX7 preamp tubes; four 6L6 power tubes
- 16 evolved amp models inspired by beloved American, British and European amps; the cleanest cleans, searing high-gain distortions, hard-to-find mid-range tones that teeter on the edge of breakup & more; 128 user-programmable presets; 4 channels
- 20 Smart FX including Harmony, Pitch Glide, Auto-Wah, 14-second Quick Loop, beautiful Delays, tangy Mods, lush Reverbs & more; up to 4 effects at once; tup to six parameters of any effect; route effects pre or post
- SMIDI integration; two output modes: Performance Mode provides a direct signal that captures the interaction of tubes and modeling, Mode provides a direct signal that captures modeling only
- Bass, Mid and Treble knob response inspired by the EQ controls of each modeled amp; Drive knob; Presence knob; Channel volume; Master volume
- Tuned three-quarter closed-back cabinet results in a tight low-end punch for exceptional feel
- Line 6 FBV foot controllers provide everything from Wah-Wah, Volume and Pitch Glide control to Tap Tempo, a chromatic Tuner display and simple channel switching
- 1/4-inch guitar input; XLR out; RJ-45 FBV foot controller input; MIDI in/out; 1/4-inch pre amp input; 1/4-inch power amp output; XLR output; 1/4-inch speaker outputs
- Built-in chromatic Tuner; manual mode
- Spider Valve Mk II amplifiers are firmware upgradeable via FBV MkII foot controllers; pair with 412VS closed-back 4x12 cabinets for superior tone of the highest definition
Footswitch not included