As its "mini" name implies, the Korg 2011 Pandora mini is an ultra-compact unit. Korg's proprietary "REMS" Resonant structure and Electronic circuit Modeling System delivers 158 sophisticated effects; 200 Preset programs provide stage-ready sounds for numerous genres and playing styles. Of those, 115 are Song Presets; each one ready to accurately recreate the specific sound used by a famous guitarist on one of their signature songs. The rhythm function lets you enjoy playing to a beat, and is bound to make your practicing even more fun. The Pandora mini is the single product that excels in any situation - practicing at home, recording, even warming up backstage or on tour.
The first-generation Korg Pandora appeared in 1995. This revolutionary product dramatically changed the concept of a multi-effect unit, placing great sound and unheard of versatility into a compact body. Constantly evolving, the Korg Pandora Series became a long-selling favorite for guitarists and bassists around the world.
158 "REMS" powered effects
In a body so compact it might be mistaken for a tuner, the Pandora mini packs in an astounding amount array of features. Despite the small size, there has been absolutely no compromise in sound quality. The amp models and effects are realistic and varied Analog characteristics such as a vacuum tube's distinctively fat sense of drive and the airy feeling of a speaker cabinet are all perfectly replicated. In addition to tried and true standard effects, the Pandora mini also provides unusual effects such as an intelligent pitch shifter for produces musical harmonies, an acoustic simulator, and a guitar synth. It's the perfect unit for every style of guitarist or bassist.
200 stage-ready presets including song preset programs
Just connect your guitar or bass to the Pandora mini, and you're instantly ready to play serious sounds. 200 Preset programs cover a broad range of genres and playing styles, so you're sure to find plenty of favorites. Choose one of the 115 Song presets and instantly capture the signature tone used by legendary guitarists playing your favorite hits. Use the Aux input to play along using to any CD or MP3, or take the spotlight and play that classic performance note-for-note. Of the 200 Preset programs, 160 are designed for guitar and 40 are designed for bass.
200 easily-edited user programs
Of course you can also edit your own sounds and store up to 200 of them as User programs. In conjunction with the presets, this gives you a total of 400 programs. Up to seven different effects can be used simultaneously. The effects are organized by category, and you can use the value dial to intuitively edit the parameters. Some effects provide multiple parameters, allowing more detailed control over your sound. You can also assign your favorite programs to the four independent program memory buttons for instant recall.
Jam session features deliver hours of practice enjoyment
Your Pandora mini contains 100 rhythm and metronome patterns of diverse types, making it the ideal partner for session practice, song-writing, or rhythm training. Use The Aux input to connect an MP3 player, CD player or other external audio source making it easy to jam along with your favorite band, or with tracks you've created yourself. The AUX pitch function lets you vary the pitch of the audio input by +/-1 octave, so it's easy to match the key of the song to the tuning of your guitar.
The Pandora mini operates on a single AA battery, making it highly portable. It's a great partner for many situations; practicing in private, rehearsing and recording without an amp, warming-up before a concert, or for practicing on tour. Connect your Pandora mini to your computer with a single USB cable and use the dedicated sound editor software (available as a free download from the Korg website) to edit sounds and manage programs. Another amenity is the built-in auto tuner, complete with a mute feature, delivering a total, portable, and pocket-size package that has everything you need for enjoying playing your guitar or bass.
- Ultra-compact pocket-size multi-effect designed for both guitar and bass
- Powered by "REMS" modeling technology
- 200 preset programs (including song presets)
- 200 user programs locations for storing your own sounds
- 158 types of amazing amps and effects
- Use up to seven effects at once
- 100 different rhythm patterns plus a built-in metronome; ideal for composing and practice.
- Aux input for jamming along to your favorite songs on CD, MP3, etc.; Ability to change the pitch of the Aux input by +/- one octave
- TAP button makes it easy to set the delay time or the tempo of the Rhythm
- Four program memory buttons allow one-touch recall of your favorite programs
- Auto-tuner with muting
- Backlit LCD screen ensures good visibility, even in dim locations
- Stylish body, available in either black or white
- Sound editing software; edit sounds and manage programs from your computer (available for download from the Korg website)
- Two-way power: batteries or USB bus power
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Effects: 158 types (Maximum number of effects available simultaneously: 7)
- Programs: User: 200; Preset: 200
- Inputs: Guitar/Bass INPUT (1/4"mono jack), AUX (mini stereo jack)
- Outputs: Line OUTPUT (1/4" mono jack), PHONES (mini stereo jack)
- Tuner section: Detection range 27.5 Hz-2,093 Hz (A0-C7), Calibration A = 438 Hz-445 Hz
- Rhythms: Number of patterns = 100, Tempo = 40-240 BPM
- Power supply: One AA alkaline dry cell or NiMH rechargeable battery, USB bus power supply (or USB-type AC adapter)
- Battery life: Alkaline battery/NiMH rechargeable battery (1900mAh), Allows approx. 5 (Al) or 6 (NiMH) hours of continuous use (backlight OFF), Allows approx. 3 (Al) or 4 (NiMH) hours of continuous use (backlight ON)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 3.15" x 2.2" x 1.18" (not including protrusions)
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (not including battery)
- Included items: Alkaline Batteries (for checking recorder operation), Rubber feet
* Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice for improvement.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs