The Korg Pa588 is an 88-key, piano action instrument that's packed with enjoyment. Perform using the rich piano sound, while enjoying the accompaniment of a professional backup band. Enhance your piano performance with a fully-realized and musical arrangement. For the musician, composer, performer and entertainer, the interactive Korg Pa588 is the perfect musical partner. Korg's RX (Real eXperience) technology delivers a sound unprecedented in a digital piano.
- Serious piano sound and pro-quality arranger features in a stylish body.
- World-class multilayer stereo acoustic piano accurately sampled from a Concert Grand (including String Resonance and Damper pedal noise), 880 other built-in sounds and 56 Drumkits.
- TouchView display lets you operate the Korg Pa588 simply by touching the screen. Switch from "Expert" to Easy" mode for a simplified display and larger, easier to select icons.
- "Play Piano" feature brings you back to the joy of playing piano at the touch of a button.
- 88-note Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keyboard provides the Korg Pa588 grand piano-like playing feel.
- More than 320 sophisticated "styles" created by top-level arrangers from around the world.
- Backing Sequencer captures each Style instrument to a separate track in a single pass, so it's easy to record your piano performance backed by a lavish arrangement on the Korg Pa588.
- Crossfade between songs during playback using the XDS double sequencer, just like a DJ.
- "Guitar Mode" assigns the pitches of the guitar strings to the keyboard, allowing you to produce realistic picking and strumming patterns.
- High quality bass-reflex speakers produce sound with superb presence and clarity. The Korg Pa588 is ready to deliver stunning performances as soon as you switch it on.
- A keyboard stand, mountable damper pedal, and a music rack are included.
An Entertainment Piano
The Korg Pa588 provides piano sounds that have been lavishly sampled at multiple velocity levels from one of the world's best grand pianos, keeping nuance and definition while adding the ornamentation of the hammer noise and the sympathetic string resonance of the damper pedal action. Even delicate pianissimo notes will richly convey the music expression of the performer. The damper pedal that is so indispensable for serious piano performance also supports half-pedaling (will be available only in the Grand Piano RX), allowing you to express all the nuances of your performance.Using the same EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) found in the Korg M3 Music Workstation, the Pa588 delivers more than 880 additional, realistic pro-quality sounds. These sounds include a wide variety of expressive instruments including sax, strings, bass, and much more, giving you a vast range of performance possibilities. Professional sounds, stunning backing patterns, a stylish design, the combination of these elements allows your performance to express the rich depth and tonal detail of a grand piano that play with a band -- recreating the true Korg "Real eXperience".
Real Weighted Hammer Action 3
Korg's proprietary Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keyboard was developed from exhaustive research into grand piano action, and is designed to allow expressively natural performance. The hammer weight is varied across four stages from low to high registers, replicating the way in which a grand piano's action is heavier in the low notes and lighter as you play upward.
The Korg Pa588 features a large TouchView display that you operate simply by touching it. If you're a beginner or performing live, you can use "Easy Mode" for a simplified display with easy visibility and smooth operation. Regardless of the screen you're in or the sound you're playing, you can always use the "Play Piano" button to instantly change to the main Piano sound and start playing.
"Styles" Patterns Accompany You
The Korg Pa588 contains more than 320 fully detailed and complete "styles," created by professional artists from around the world. Each style is a complete musical environment, providing variations, introductions, fills, breaks, endings and variations. The Style engine follows your timing, chord changes and voice leading to create a powerful musical performance automatically, with no pre-programming required. You can choose styles from a wide range such as jazz, latin, country, pop, rock, techno, and more, and use intros, endings, fill-ins and variations to add variety to the accompaniment, making your performance a full-fledged song.
The Korg Pa588 provides a Guitar mode that automatically converts your playing into the voicing harmony and chord data distinctive of a guitar. When creating a user style, simply select a chord and specify a capo position, and then use the keyboard to enter the distinctive playing patterns that are typical of a guitar, such as picking and strumming. "RX technology" reproduces subtle nuances such as the sound of your finger sliding on the string as you change chords and the characteristic fret noises of a guitar, bringing your performances a heightened sense of realism when you play and record using guitar sounds.
The Korg Pa588 contains a 16-track 55,000 note multi-track sequencer. In addition to the conventional way of recording in which you manually record each part one by one, you can also use the Backing Sequencer function to record each instrument of a style-generated accompaniment in real-time, in a single pass. This lets you create a song very quickly by using your favorite styles. You can also simply step in the chords and create an entire arrangement without playing a single note. During playback, the XDS dual sequencer can play one sequence file as you load another. Using the DJ-style crossfader, you can seamlessly crossfade between them for non-stop entertainment.
High Quality Speakers
Two 10 cm speakers are built-in; simply switch on the Korg Pa588 and you're ready to play. The speakers feature a bass reflex system design that powerfully reproduces the rich piano sounds.
A Full Range of Enjoyable Functions
- STS (Single Touch Settings) function: This switches the sound of each keyboard track at a single touch. You can save up to four of your favorite sounds for each style. For example you can use this to easily switch between sounds for melody A, melody B, and the break etc. for each different song while you play. The Korg Pa588 also lets you store the sound of each keyboard track as a "performance" in one of 256 internal memories. You can also have a suitable "style" be selected automatically when you recall a "performance".
- SongBook: MIDI and Style data can be organized by genre, title, and artist name. For example you can use the Song Book to quickly search for the desired song data by artist name, and then recall with a single touch the midi file or style, STS, effects and all settings specified for that song. This is not only a great convenience during live performance, but also lets you use the Korg Pa588 for composition or arranging as a piano with a powerful musical data base built in.
- Effects to enrich your sound: The Korg Pa588's professional-quality sounds are further enhanced by a wide selection of effects; everything from delay and reverb up to exciter, parametric EQ, amp modeling and more.
- Audio IN/OUT jacks: The audio OUT jacks let you play the Korg Pa588's sounds through external speakers, and the audio IN jacks lets you play sound from a CD player or other audio source through the Pa588's speakers along with the instrument's own sounds.
- MIDI connectors: MIDI connectors are provided, allowing you to use this communication standard to transfer performance data between musical instruments and computers.
- USB connector: The USB connector allows single-cable connection to your computer for backing-up your performance data or for transmitting/receiving MIDI data.
- Data storage: You can save your data on an SD card or MultiMedia card (MMC).
- Headphone jack: The headphone jack allows you to perform without producing sound from the speakers.
AC Adapter (Included)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Keyboard: 88-note Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keyboard
- System: OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) and RX (Real eXperience) Technology - Multitasking, Load while play feature - Upgradable Operative System - SSD Solid State Disk
- Tone Generator: KORG EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator: 80 Voices, 80 Oscillators - Filters with Resonance - Three band EQ for each track
- Effects: 4 Stereo Digital Multi-Effect systems - 124 Effects types - Final semi-parametric three band EQ
- Sounds-Drum Kits: 882 Sounds, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 2 compatible Sounds, 56 Drum - Kits - User area: 128 Sounds, 64 Drum Kits - Realtime control: Assignable Slider - Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
- Styles: More than 340 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable - Up to 448 available Style locations- 64 User Styles - Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style - Guitar Track, Parallel and Fixed NTT - Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format - Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions - Style controls: 4 Variations, 3 Fills, 3 Intros, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- Performance/STS: 256 Realtime Performance locations - STS: Memorize Realtime tracks settings, up to 4 x 512 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries - All programmable
- Realtime Tracks: Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower) - 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play: Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player - 2 Sequencers with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls - Balance control - Lyrics data can be displayed on-screen - Markers - Jukebox function - Compatible with SMF (formats 0 and 1)
- Sequencer: Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions - Full-featured sequencer - 16 tracks - Up to 110,000 events - SMF native format
- SongBook: Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes - User-definable custom lists - Filtering options
- Compatibility: "i-Series" models: Styles - Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad
- Multi Pad: 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button. Pad Record function
- Help System: Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls: Master Volume, Real Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Quarter Tone Arabic Scale, User Scale memorized inside Performance/STS - Realtime controllers: Joystick (pitch + modulation), Assignable Slider, "Play Piano" Switch, Dial, Up/+, Down/-, Keyboard Split
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal, Assignable Pedal/Footswitch
- Analog Output: Unbalanced Jack Left/Mono, Right, Headphones
- Analog Input: 2 Unbalanced Line In Jacks
- MIDI: In, Out standard Midi connectors- USB to Midi using the USB Device port - Individual track assignment - 8 user definable MIDI Setups
- USB: 1 USB Device connection (1.1 Full Speed)
- Card Slot: SD (Secure Digital) Card and MultiMedia Card (MMC) Memory Devices
- Display: 320 x 240 pixels, Monochrome TouchView Graphic Touch Screen
- Amplification: 2 x 15 W - Fixed EQ
- Speakers: 2 Double Cone Speakers in Bass Reflex Box
- Power Supply: DC 12V external power supply (supplied)
- Consumption: 15 Watt
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 56.6 in. x 17 in. x 6.3 in., 1437 x 431 x 161 mm without music rest
- Weight: 30.5 kg, 67.24 lbs
- Accessories Included: Manual, AC adapter, CD-Rom, Music Stand, Keyboard Stand, DS-2H Damper Pedal (supporting half-pedaling)
Power Supply:AC Adapter (Included)