You don't have to buy a top-of-the-line Korg arranger to get top Korg sounds -- invest in the Korg Pa50SD and you'll get all the quality tones you could want for composing and performing live, in a sweet, portable setup that travels well from studio to stage and back again. This 61-key arranger workstation features a 62-voice HI synthesis sound engine borrowed from Korg's powerful Triton, as well as hundreds of factory programs and musical Styles, a convenient SD card slot for data storage, and a really handy dual sequencer -- with two 16-track sequencers, each with its own set of controls. If you're looking for a portable live-performance arranger that's powerful, fully featured, and affordable, then say hello to the Pa50SD.
Compose and Perform on the Pa50SD
No matter what kind of piece you're working on, the Pa50SD has a sound for that. Its Triton-based HI synthesis sound engine with 62 voices and 62 oscillators supplies a slew of sounds, while its 32 MB PCM ROM features a comprehensive selection of acoustic and electronic sounds. Stereo piano and Melody Voice sounds recorded with a sampled natural vibrato recreate solo wind and stringed instruments. If you want your sax, trumpet, harmonica, violin, and flute parts to sound like they're being played by a human, not a bot, you'll like the Pa50SD's Melody Voice sounds.
Over 300 different kinds of Styles (256 factory and 48 user) plus 100 drum kits are there to get you started. Just select your desired Style, choose your sounds and instruments, and start playing some chords -- the keyboard will do the rest.
When constructing a song, take advantage of the Pa50SD's advanced accompaniment system and chord recognition system, which take the work out of arranging a piece, delivering musical styles and chords appropriate to the music at hand. You can work inside the box or out -- work with the four variations, two fills, two intros, and two endings that the Pa50SD provides, or take those standard song elements, customize them, and make them your own.
Yes to FX
You can fine-tune your tones with four stereo multi-effect processors, which provide 89 different effect types that can be assigned as desired to each song, style, and track.
So Many Sequencing Options
Why settle for one sequencer when you could have two? This arranger keyboard features Korg's XDS Dual Sequencer, which sports two 16-track sequencers, each with its own set of independent transport controls. Load one sequencer as the other plays, or play them both at the same time for a layered approach to composing and performing. If you want a seamless transition between songs, you can use both sequencers in concert with a DJ-style crossfader, so there's never an awkward silence between sets. If continuous music is what you're after, select the Jukebox function, which can be used to play back an entire set of songs. The dual sequencer supports Real-time or Step recording with full track and event editing, and it's compatible with GM, SMF, and many karaoke formats.
Using the keyboard's Backing Sequencer, you can capture ideas on the fly and quickly lay down chords and melodies. You have the choice of playing along with one of the Pa50SD's Styles, or overdubbing counter melodies and other parts separately. For easy storage of editing, your entire Backing Sequence is instantly converted to a Standard MIDI File.
User-Friendly, Portable Package -- Great for Gigging
Your fingers will be right at home on the arranger's 61-note velocity-sensing, synth-action keyboard, and your eyes will have no trouble viewing the large, easy-to-read, custom LCD display in dark venues or insanely bright classrooms alike. Korg designed the Pa50SD to be useful, comfortable, and intuitive to use in any setting.
Keeping things simple and portable, the Pa50SD packs its own sound system including custom EQ, a 2 x 15-Watt stereo amplifier, and two coaxial speakers housed in a bass reflex cabinet. The Korg Pa50SD has everything you need to get your music across the room.
- Professional 61-key arranger keyboard
- HI synthesis (Hyper Integrated synthesis system) sound engine delivers awesome tones via 62 voices and 62 oscillators
- 4 Stereo digital multi-effect systems provide a total of 89 effect types
- Over 660 programs, including GM level 2 programs and 128 user programs, to get you started making music
- 32 Drum kits and 64 user drum kits
- Up to 304 Styles in Solid State Disk (256 preloaded styles and 48 user styles), all fully editable and programmable
- 8 Accompaniment tracks
- XDS Dual Sequencer with two 16-track sequencers, each with its own transport controls
- Large backlit custom LCD for viewing settings, lyrics, and more in any playing environment
- Built-in amplification system with 2 x 15-Watt stereo amplifier and 2 dual cone speakers
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal, Assignable pedal/switch
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- SD Card compatible
- Includes power supply and music stand
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Keyboard: 61 notes with velocity
System: OPOS - Objective Portable Operating System
- Multitasking System, load while playing
- Feature Upgradeable Operating System
- SSD Solid State Disk
- HI synthesis (Hyper Integrated synthesis system) 62 voices, 62 oscillators
- Filters with resonance
- Waveform Memory: 32 Mbyte PCM ROM (with Stereo Piano Sound)
- Effects: 4 stereo digital Multi-Effect systems (90 effect types)
- More than 660 programs (including GM level 2 programs)
- 32 drum kits
- 128 user programs + 64 user drum kits
- Up to 304 Styles in Solid State Disk (256 preload +48 User)
- All reconfigurable; 8 accompaniment tracks
- All Style Performances are programmable (includes 4 Single Touch Settings for each style)
- Direct Floppy Disk/ Hard Disk access
- Compatible with i-Series styles
- 4 Variations
- 2 Fills
- 2 Intros
- 2 Endings
- Count In/Break
- Synchro Start/Stop
- Tap Tempo/Reset
- Fade In/Out
- Bass Inversion
- Manual Bass
- Tempo Lock
- Accompaniment Volume
- Accompaniment Mute
- Drum Mapping
- Snare & Kick Designation
- Single Touch
- Master Volume
- Octave Transpose
- Master Transpose
- Split Point
- Style Change
- Tracks Volume
- Quarter Tone Function
- Programmable Slider
- Multi PAD: 4 assignable pads + Stop button
- Performance: 160 real-time Performances + up to 304 Styles Performances
- XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player - 2 Sequencers with separate Start/Stop, Pause, '<< Rew' and '>> FF' controls
- Balance control
- Lyrics are displayed on-screen
- Jukebox Function
- SMF Direct Player (format 0 and 1)
- Song/Backing Sequence: Easy record - 16 tracks - SMF format
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal, Assignable pedal/switch
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru
- Removable Memory: Secure Digital (SD) Card Compatible
- Display: Backlit custom LCD
- EXP-2 Foot Controller
- XVP-10 Exp/Volume Pedal
- PS-1 Footswitch
- DS-1H Damper Pedal
- Main Amplifier: 2x15 Watt
- Speakers: 2 dual cone speakers (in Bass Reflex Box-Auto Loudness control)
- Audio Outputs: Left/mono, Right
- Audio Inputs: Left/mono, Right
- Power Consumption: 26 Watts
- Accessories: User's Manual, AC Power Adapter, Music Stand
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 41.5 x 15.47 x 5.9 inches (1054 x 393 x 150 mm)
- Weight: 24.8 pounds (11.25 kg)Power Supply:
Power Cord (Included)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 38 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800
The popular PA50 keyboard has now been updated and all new deliveries will be the PA50SD that now includes a built in SD card slot instead of the old floppy disc drive.
The Pa50 joins Korg's best selling line of Professional Arranger keyboards. Designed for composition and live performance, the Pa50 features a 61-note velocity-sensing, synth-action keyboard, a 62-voice Triton-based HI synthesis sound engine, over 660 high-quality factory programs (including GM level 2 programs), and over 300 musical styles (256 factory + 48 user). It also includes an SD card slot for data storage, powerful Dual sequencer, four real-time pads, and other live performance functions -- all accessible via a large, easy-to-read, custom LCD display.
The Pa50's 32MB PCM ROM features a wide selection of acoustic and electronic sounds including a stereo piano and Melody Voice sounds, recorded with a sampled natural vibrato to recreate solo instruments such as sax, trumpet, harmonica, violin, and flute.
Four stereo onboard digital multi-effect processors provide 89 effect types, which can be assigned in various amounts to each song, style, or track. The accompaniment system provides various musical styles and an advanced chord recognition system. Each Style can be modified, and offers four variations, two fills, two intros, and two endings. The Pa50 is also compatible with Korg i-Series style data and most Pa80 data.
Korg's unique Backing Sequencer can be used to quickly lay down chord and melodic ideas. The user can play along with one of the Pa50's Styles, or overdub counter melodies and other parts separately. The entire Backing Sequence is instantly converted to a Standard MIDI File for easy editing and storage.
The Pa50 is equipped with Korg's XDS Dual Sequencer, featuring two 16-track sequencers, each with its own transport controls. One sequencer can load as the other plays, and a DJ style crossfader can provide seamless segues between them for a non-stop performance. The Jukebox function can be used to play back an entire set of songs. The sequencer is compatible with GM, SMF, and many karaoke formats (SMF/Karaoke lyrics will appear in the display), and supports Real-time or Step recording with full track and event editing.
The Pa50 features a professional sound system including custom EQ, a 2 x 15 Watt stereo amplifier, and two coaxial speakers housed in a bass reflex cabinet.
Power Cord (Included)