Take control of your favorite virtual instruments or recording and mixing software with Korg's nanoKONTROL2 USB Controller. It's an ultra-portable multi-functional plug-and-play controller with assignable buttons, sliders, and rotary knobs that you use to control any software capable of communicating with MIDI. You get 8 knobs, 8 faders with mute/solo/record buttons, transport controls, track selection controls -- everything you need for DAW control in an affordable package.
Still Mousing Knobs and Faders on Screen?
Think of the nanoKONTROL2 as a hardware extension for your favorite software. No more squinting at dozens of on screen windows and trying to poke tiny knobs and sliders with your mouse -- just connect nanoKONTROL2, add the device through your software's setup menu and the nanoKONTROL2 grants you hardware access to control virtually any parameter within the software. Your eyes and fingers will thank you.
With the nanoKONTROL2, Korg adds the power of MIDI connectivity with Apple iPads via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. Once connected, you can use the nanoKONTROL2's knobs and sliders to control virtual instrument or recording software running on your iPad.
- Low-profile plug-and-play multi-function USB controller with assignable knobs, sliders, transport controls, and more
- Eight fully assignable channels, each with one slider, one rotary knob, and three buttons
- Transport controls with Rewind, Fast Forward, Stop, Play, Record, and Cycle buttons
- Previous Track, Next Track, Previous Marker, Next Market, and Set Marker buttons
- Compatible software: Avid Pro Tools, Apple Logic, Apple GarageBand, MOTU Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, Ableton Live, Cakewalk SONAR, and other software that can be controlled with control change messages (MIDI CCs)
- Mini USB port
- Powered via USB only
- USB cable and software bundled included
- Bundled software: Korg's M1 LE software synthesizer, Toontrack's EZDrummer Lite drum sound module, Applied Acoustic Systems' Lounge Lizard Session electric piano sound module, Applied Acoustic Systems' Ultra Analog Session software synthesizer, Applied Acoustic Systems' Strum Acoustic Session acoustic sound module, and a discount coupon for Ableton Live, Live Suite, or Live LE
- Highly portable, unit weighs less than 1 pound
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
24 buttonsTransport buttons:
- Cycle button
- Marker button
- Track button
Corresponding Software: Avid Pro Tools/Apple Logic, GarageBand/MOTU Digital Performer/Steinberg Cubase/Ableton Live/Cakewalk
Software that can be controlled by control change message
USB bus power
Power ConsumptionUSB bus power:
less than 100 mA
- Size (W x D x H):
12.80 x 3.27 x 1.18 inches
- <>Weight: 0.65 lbs.Accessories Included:
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X or Apple Macintosh with PowerPC supportedWindows:
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32bit, 64bit), Microsoft Windows7 (32bit, 64bit)
- Supported Computer: Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP/ Vista/7 (Intel USB chipset recommended)iPad:
- OS 4.2.1 or later and the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
* This product uses applied technology from ART Teknika's CONSOLE.
* Mac, the Mac logo and the Audio Units logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* The "Built for Mac OS X" graphic is trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., used under license.
* Windows XP/Vista/7 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
* All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800
In a body proportioned to fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer, the Korg nanoKONTROL2 provides eight channels of the controllers you need to control your music software. The Korg nanoKONTROL2 also features a dedicated transport control section. The buttons have been carefully selected to be useful with your software, ensuring simple and intuitive control. Many software titlesincluding major DAW programsare supported, dramatically reducing the need to make complicated connection settings.
Complete control for your DAW or software synthesizer
A knob, fader, and three switches are provided for each of the eight channels, respectively assigned to pan, volume, and solo/mute/record. This arrangement is a real convenience when recording automation for multiple channels. There's also a marker button, making it easy to assign marks at important points in your song for more efficient recording and song production. When using a software synthesizer, you can assign parameters to the desired controllers for easy control. For example you could use the faders to control the ADSR of an envelope generator, and use the knobs to control the filter's cutoff frequency and resonance, etc.
Korg Kontrol Editor software
The nanoKONTROL2 works with the "Korg Kontrol Editor" software -- available free on the Korg website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. For example, the minimum and maximum values for each control change message can be specified.
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the Korg nanoKONTROL2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
An ideal companion for the microKEY
The nanoSERIES2 controllers are the ideal companions for the 37-note, natural-touch Korg microKEY. The latter's dual USB hub ports allow any two nanoSERIES2 controllers to be connected directly to the microKEY to create a customized, expanding control center for any music production system.
Apple iPad Compatibility*
Enjoy MIDI control of your iPad Music apps! Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can now be used with the iPad via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, providing MIDI control using the Apple Core MIDI features. Apple iOS 4.2.1 is supported, and the app needs to support Core MIDI. If you are using multiple nanoSERIES2 controllers, or plan to use a single nanoSERIES2 for an extended period of time, please use a powered USB hub.
Play Today with the nanoSERIES2 Software License Bundle
Each nanoSERIES2 controller ships with the following software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away.
1. M1 Le (license)
Included is a license for the "M1 Le"*, a limited edition of the M1 software synthesizer (included in the Korg Legacy Collection - Digital Edition) that brings to your computer the sounds of the ground-breaking M1 music workstation. (This software can be downloaded for use.)
2. EzDrummer Lite (license)
Included is a license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite"*, giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds. (This software can be downloaded for use.) You'll be able to immediately start enjoying realistic drum sounds played from your nanoSERIES2.
*Please be aware that neither the software manufacturer nor Korg can provide support regarding the use of this software. For details on upgrading the demo software or purchasing the full version, please refer to www.toontrack.com or www.crypton.co.jp/prod/28301.
3. Ableton "Live" series (discount coupon included)
Included is a discount coupon* for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," and "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.ableton.com or www.h-resolution.com.
4. Lounge Lizard Session (license)
Included is a license* for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizardsession/overview or wwww.applied-acoustics.com/korg-microkey/.
- Low-profile, multi-function control surface
- Track select and marker advance parameters
- Supports numerous software titles including major DAW programs