With the Korg monotron Duo Analogue Synthesizer, you hold the power to generate deep, thick synth riffs in a truly portable, truly analog unit. It offers a combination of two VCOs with cross modulation and a VCF with cutoff and resonance controls -- so you can dial in exactly the sound waves you're looking for. Playback is controlled via an 18-note ribbon strip which offers a chromatic mode where it functions like an ordinary piano, as well as major and minor modes which play only the notes of the specified scale, making it impossible to play a wrong note, even if you have no previous keyboard experience.
Analog InsidesThe monotron Duo features all the key circuitry that has made Korg a staple of synthesizer music for decades. Equipped with one voltage-controlled filter (VCF) -- the same component which grants Korg classics like the MS-10 and MS-20 their signature retro sound -- and the combination of two voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs) with the ability to cross modulate between them, the monotron Duo is ready to generate deeper, fuller sounds than you'd typically expect from such a compact and affordable unit.
True PortabilityWeighting just a few ounces and running on AAA batteries, the monotron Duo is ready to go wherever the road may take you. It's got a built-in speaker so you can dish fat synth sounds anytime, wherever. And it's even got a headphone jack that automatically mutes the internal speaker when use so you can synthesize rich analog sounds in portable privacy or into a booming PA system.
See the Monotron Duo in action!
Features:- Ultra-portable analog ribbon synthesizer with two square wave oscillators (VCOs)
- Run just one oscillator, or both for outlandish synth effects
- Individual pitch controls for each VCO
- X-Mod section allows for cross modulation between the two VCOs with intensity controls
- Korg's VCF filter with cutoff and resonance control taken from the classic MS-10 and MS-20
- 18 note ribbon controller keyboard with chromatic, major, and minor modes
- Equipped with an 1/8 inch stereo Aux input jack for applying filter to any audio source
- 1/8 inch stereo headphone jack with volume control for private listening
- Built-in speaker and battery powered for truly portable analog sound
- Runs for approximately 8 hours with 2x AAA alkaline batteries
- Unit weighs less than 4 ounces
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- Synthesizer structure:
2 VCOs (Square Wave) with X-Mod; 1 VCF
Standby / VCO1 / VCO1+2
- Scale Select Button:
(Chromatic -> Major -> Minor -> Off)
VCO1 Pitch, X-MOD Int., VCO2 Pitch, VCF Cutoff, VCF Peak
Ribbon Controller with Scale Select
- Aux Input:
1/8-inch Stereo Jack
- Headphone Output:
1/8-inch Stereo Jack
Miniature internal; Disabled when headphones are in use.
- Power Supply:
AAA Alkalines (x2)
120 mm (W) x 72 mm (D) x 28 mm (H) / 4.72" (W) x 2.83" (D) x 1.10" (H)
95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800
Product DescriptionOffering two oscillators, the Korg monotron Duo adds an extra dimension, delivering an even more extreme sound. Tune the oscillators in unison for a rich, thick, analog tone. Tune them in intervals for classic soloing sounds and generating effects. The X-Mod (cross modulation) circuit taken from Korg's classic Mono/Poly can introduce a mild or razor-sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth.
Enhanced Ribbon Controller KeyboardThe monotron Duo's ribbon controller keyboard now features the familiar Scale function used on the Kaossilator. You can use this button to select one of four scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by simply sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
Go Anywhere AnalogThat was the theme behind the remarkable battery-powered and palm-sized Korg analog synthesizer dubbed the monotron. The powerful and fun-to-play monotron analog synthesizer has been joined by two siblings. The Dual Oscillator monotron Duo offers X-Mod capabilities for generating even more extreme sounds. The monotron Delay features a Space Delay that can produce intense, analog-like echo effects. Best of all, they're a blast to play. Each is equipped with a ribbon keyboard and a live, ready-to-be tweaked front panel offering five knobs and a single switch. This simple operation and ease of use invites hours of enjoyment and musical exploration.
Casual users and gadget mavens will quickly enjoy performing melodies, DJs can create dazzling effects on stage, while established players can add analog muscle to their performance - the possibilities are virtually endless. Grab a monotron, monotron DUO, or monotron Delay, and get in touch with the exciting world of Korg analog synths.
Features- Two analog oscillators (VCO) with individual tunings
- Edgy X-Mod (with Intensity knob) circuit from Korg's classic Mono/Poly
- VCF with Cutoff and Peak Control
- Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use