Product DescriptionThe 15 amp Furman AR-1215 AC Line Voltage Regulator is intended to protect audio, video, computer, and other electronic equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities - sags, brownouts, or overvoltages that can cause sensitive digital equipment to malfunction, or, in extreme cases, to sustain damage.
The Furman AR-1215 is designed to provide a steady, stable 120 VAC output. It accepts any input voltage from 97V to 141V and transforms it to a constant 120V, +/-5V. Voltages beyond that range may also be converted to usable levels, depending on how far out of range they are. The Furman AR-1215 can handle loads totaling up to 15 amps as long as the input voltage is above 124 volts. For voltages below that level, its capacity must be derated at approximately .15 ampere per volt.
The Furman AR-1215 has been designed specifically with the unique needs of audio and video in mind. Its technology differs from that of computer-oriented voltage regulators in many important ways.
Features- Delivers a stable 120 +/-5 VAC whenever the input AC line voltage is between 97V and 141V
- 8 outlets on the back panel, one on the front
- Output capacity 15 amps
- 8-tap toroidal autoformer
- 10-LED bargraph Input Voltage meter
- Extreme overvoltage/undervoltage causes instant shutdown, protecting equipment
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown indicator LED
- Output In Regulation indicator
- Low stray magnetic field leakage
The Furman AR-1215 does not use a ferro-resonant transformer, which would be heavy and bulky, radiate a large magnetic field, and be too frequency-sensitive to be usable with generators. Instead, it uses a use a design based on an 8-tap toroidal autoformer. The toroidal design assures minimal leakage of stray magnetic fields.
The Furman R-1215 circuitry monitors the incoming line voltage with each cycle, comparing it to an extremely precise voltage reference, accurate to +/-0.15%. If a voltage fluctuation requires that a different tap be selected, the tap is electronically switched exactly at the zero-crossing, to avoid distorting the AC waveform. (Most commercial voltage regulators using multiple-tapped transformers switch taps at uncontrolled times, thereby creating voltage spikes, and often creating clicks that can leak into the audio). Hysteresis of 1.5V in the switching circuits avoids "chatter." The design is not sensitive to small errors in line frequency, making them ideal for use with generators.
The Furman AR-1215 also features power conditioning that is truly in a class by itself, thanks to the quantity, quality, and configuration of the overvoltage suppression devices used. These include MOVs, high voltage inductors, and capacitors, and precise high-inrush magnetic circuit breakers. This unique combination can safely divert large spikes as well as filter audible high frequency noise.
An additional feature, Extreme Voltage Shutdown, senses dangerously high or low voltages and shuts down the output before any damage is done. The output remains off until the overvoltage or undervoltage is removed, with an LED indicating the shutdown condition. This invaluable feature provides positive protection to your equipment from accidental connection to incorrect line voltages (for example, 220V when 120V is expected - a not uncommon hazard in the entertainment industries).
The Furman AR-1215 has 8 outlets on the rear panel, and one on the front panel. All outlets are regulated, spike-suppressed, and filtered against RFI with a 3-pole filter. There are no controls except the circuit breaker/on-off switch. A bar-graph meter comprised of 10 LEDs indicates input voltage, while another LED indicates "In Regulation" status (i.e., that the output voltage is within +/-5V of 120V).
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Furman products.
- Current Rating: 15 amperes for input voltages of 124V; derate at 113 mA per volt to a minimum of 12.3A
- "In Regulation" Range: AR-1215: Provides regulation +/- 5V in 120V mode from 97 to 141V.
- Shutdown Range: 120V mode, below 75V or above 150V; 100V mode, below 65V or above 135V
- Voltmeter Accuracy: + or - 5V
- Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, neutral to ground, line to ground
- Spike Clamping Voltage: Initial turn-on at 200V; TVSS rating of 400 volts peak at 500 A, L-N, N-G, L-G (tested to UL-1449)
- Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 amps (8 x 20 ms pulse)
- Maximum Spike Energy: 80 joules per node; 240 joules total
- Noise Attenuation: Differential mode: Greater than 40 dB. Transverse and common modes: Greater than 60 dB, 1-200 MHz.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.75 x 19 x 8 in. (4.5 x 48.3 x 20.5cm)
- Weight: 12 lbs. (5 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-486-4738