The High-Resolution, Ultra-Compact USB Interface for Mac or PC!
Offering impeccable sound quality and sleek, ergonomic design, the Focusrite Forte USB audio interface is a small luxury for your home or mobile recording setup. This 2-in/4-out interface's pair of remote-controlled recording preamps and clean 24-bit converters allow you to capture your audio at sample rates up to 192 kHz and send it through to any computer -- Mac or PC -- while its intuitive front-panel I/O hookups, colorful OLED screen, configurable touch pads, and large control knob let you dial in your settings and check your sound. Add DAW integration and transport control to the Focusrite Forte's already impressive features list, and you have a must-have interface for any mobile recording rig.
Get a closer look at the Forte with this video from Focusrite:
Gear Up for High-Res Recording
In the I/O department, the Forte gives you a total of two inputs and four outputs: two XLR mic inputs and two line/instrument (TRS) inputs supplied by a breakout cable with locking connector, plus two TRS outputs for mixing and mastering, and a headphone output for mixing and monitoring anywhere. Since the mic and line-level inputs on the breakout cable are separate, you can keep your inputs connected all the time without having to re-patch when you go from one to the other -- good to know.
Pristine audio performance is made possible by two of Focusrite's RedNet remote-controlled microphone preamplifiers and high-quality AD/DA converters. Phantom power is provided by the Forte's external power supply.
You can run the Forte on bus power or use the included power supply to increase the available volume to the headphone/line outputs as well as get +48V phantom power to your microphone.
Ultra-Compact Desktop Interface
About the size of one's palm, the compact Forte is made for single-handed operation. The bright, color OLED (Organic LED) display provides visual indication of mic, line in, line out, and headphone levels, along with gain structure and other important functions. Get your hands on the Forte's oversized control knob and a series of touch-sensitive icons to access preamp and output functions, such as input, monitor, headphone, and control.
Fresh Take on Classic Gear
Named after the Rupert Neve-designed Forte recording console produced by Focusrite for Air Studios back in the '80s, this versatile audio interface continues its maker's legacy with modern components and design. Via the included Focusrite Midnight plug-in suite, the Forte audio interface provides accurate models of the classic ISA110 EQ and ISA130 compressor from the original Forte mixing console.
DAW integration transforms the Forte into a control interface, allowing the audio interface to control DAW functions and serve as a remote control for your music software. In addition to the Midnight plug-in collection, this little Forte includes Forte Control software, which gives you more ways to take control of your sound. Use Forte Control to configure low-latency monitoring, mic pre level adjustment, and more.
It may look like a similar one-knobbed interface by another brand, but the Forte audio interface is not at all the same, since the Forte works with both Mac and Windows computers via USB 2.0. It's housed in a rugged aluminum case that just begs to be taken on the go.
- USB audio interface
- 2 Focusrite microphone preamplifiers
- 2 inputs, 4 outputs
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit conversion
- Large multi-function push encoder
- 4 touch-sensitive mode buttons
- Front-panel TRS stereo headphone output
- Color OLED display and touch controls
- 2 balanced 1/4" TRS jack monitor outputs
- USB 2.0 port
- Mac- and PC-compatible
- Includes Focusrite Midnight plug-in suite
- Includes Forte Control software application
- Rugged aluminum body
Which Focusrite interface is right for you? Find it in this interactive video:
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Focusrite products.
System RequirementsMac OS: Apple Macintosh with a USB 2.0-compliant USB port
OS: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Windows: Windows compatible computer with a USB 2.0 compliant USB port
OS: Windows 7 or Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit)
Hardware- 2-in / 4-out USB audio interface
- 192 KHz, 24-bit conversion
- 2 Focusrite microphone preamplifiers
- Silver aluminum chassis
- Large multi-function push encoder
- 4 touch sensitive mode buttons
- Headphone socket (front panel)
- 2 balanced monitor outputs - 1/4" TRS Jack
- Input Loom socket
- Power socket
- USB 2.0 Port
- Kensington Lock slot (rear side)
- Focusrite Midnight plug-in suite
- Forte Control software application
Weights and dimensions:
- Net Weight: 1.04 lbs.
- Dims 170 x 116 x 36mm
- Single unit in gift box with contents
- Dims 238 x 178 x 102mm
- Gross Weight: 2.85 lbs.
- Single Brown Boxed Unit
- Dims 197 x 127 x 270mm
- Gross Weight 3.04 lbs.
Key Performance Figures:
- Measured Real World ADC Dynamic Range: 117 dB (A-weighted)
- Measured Real World DAC Dynamic Range: 118 dB (A-weighted)
- Chipset ADC/DAC Dynamic Range: 120 dB (A-weighted)
- Gain Range: 0 - 75dB
- Mic Input: RedNet remote controlled pre-amplifier
- Maximum Input level @ Minimum gain for 0 dBFS (Rs = 150 Ohms, without pad): 12dBu +/- 0.5dB
- Minimum Input level @ Maximum gain for 0 dBFS (Rs = 150 Ohms, without pad): -63dBu +/- 0.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -117dB (Rs = 150 Ohms)
- Frequency Response (Rs = 150 Ohms): 50Hz - 42kHz +/- 0.1 dB (-0.5dB @ 20Hz)
- THD+N: @ -1dBFS: 0.0007% (measured with +11dBu input, minimum gain, 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, Rs = 150 Ohms)
- Noise: EIN: 128dB (measured with 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Input Pad Attenuation: 10dB (Rs = 150 Ohms)
- Phantom Power: 48V, independently switchable for each channel (only available with external Power Supply connected)
- Gain Range: -12 - 42dB
- Maximum Input level @ Miniumum gain for 0dBFS: 20dBu +/- 0.5dB
- Minimum Input level @ Maxiumum gain for 0dBFS: -34dBu +/- 0.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -116dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- THD+N: @ -1dBFS: < 0.003% (measured with +19dBu input, minimum gain, 1kHz and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Gain Range: +14 - 68dB
- Maximum Input Level for 0 dBFS (minimum gain): +10dBu +/- 0.5dB
- Maximum Input Level for 0 dBFS (maximum gain, no pad): -44dBu +/- 0.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -111dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- THD+N: @ -1dBFS: < 0.003% (measured with +9dBu input, minimum gain, 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Analogue High Pass Filters
- Independently switchable (from control panel) for each input
- -6dB response (referenced to 1kHz): 65Hz +/- 3Hz, roll-off 12dB / octave
- Analogue Audio Outputs 1-2 (1/4" TRS Balanced) Measurered with PSU connected
- Electronically Balanced Outputs
- SNR (A-weighted): -118 dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- Maximum Output Level (0dBFS): +16dBu +/- 0.5dB
- THD+N: <0.0008% (-1dBFS input 1kHz, 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Headphone Outputs Measurered with PSU connected
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -116 dB
- <0.0008% (-1dBFS input 1kHz, 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, 10k load)
- Maximum Output into 10k: +9 dBu (+7dBV)
- Maximum Power into 150R: 30 mW
- Maximum Power into 32R: 27 mW
- Output Impedance: < 8 Ohms
- Load Impedance: > 24 Ohms
- Crosstalk (measured at 1kHz)
- Input to Input and Output to Output: > 90dB
- Input to Output: > 90dB
- Additional Conversion Performance
- Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz / 48kHz / 88.2kHz / 96kHz / 176.4kHz / 192kHz
Analogue Inputs Wire Loom (Inputs 1-2):
- 2 x XLR Mic
- 2 x 1/4" TRS for Line / Instrument Inputs
- Software switching of Mic / Line or Instrument Inputs
Analogue Audio Outputs:
- 2 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-2)
- 1 x TRS stereo headphone output (Outputs 3-4)
- 1 x USB 2.0 compliant USB port
- 1 x 5V @ 1A DC Power Input (required for Microphone +48V power)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 310-322-5500
Focusrite Forte USB Audio InterfaceThe Focusrite Forte is a professional 2-in, 4-out portable USB audio interface for Mac and Windows, designed to deliver analogue sources to your DAW at the highest possible quality. It features two remote-controlled mic preamps with the unrivaled sound quality you would expect from Focusrite. Forte partners these with superb digital conversion at up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. Built into a solid aluminum case, Forte features a color OLED display, touch controls and a single large control knob for intuitive operation, with DAW integration transforming it into a control interface.
Focusrite's history of audio excellenceForte takes its name from the original Focusrite console that embodied all the fundamental elements of the renowned Focusrite sound. Focusrite's original Forte was the recording console based on the ground-breaking mic pre and compression modules that Rupert Neve created for Air Studios back in the 1980s. Designed to offer the very highest audio path quality irrespective of cost, the Forte console set the benchmarks for mic preamplifiers and dynamic control and that remain unequaled today. The Forte USB audio interface continues this obsession with sound quality.
The ultimate USB audio interface for Mac and PCForte has been designed specifically to provide a compact, rugged and effective input path to your computer with the maximum possible audio quality for mic, line and instrument sources. In particular, Forte delivers class-leading dynamic range and noise floor - both highly significant in today's world of an almost unlimited number of tracks making up a mix and class-leading conversion performance, ensuring you get the very best quality sound at all times.
Two Focusrite mic pres and world-class conversionFeaturing two of the design of Focusrite's remote-controlled microphone preamplifiers, the Forte USB audio interface connects to both Mac and Windows computers via USB 2.0. It incorporates highest-quality precision 24-bit A-D and D-A converters operating at sample rates up to 192 kHz, and the conversion stages have had maximum attention paid to both analogue and digital design to deliver the best possible performance.
The DAW control interfaceForte includes a color OLED (Organic LED) display to indicate mic, line in, line out and headphone levels, gain structure and other functionality. It features a single, large, smoothly-rotating control knob operated in conjunction with a series of touch-sensitive icons to access preamplifier and output functions -- input, monitor, headphone, and control -- plus the ability to control DAW functions and act as a remote control for your music software. Included with the unit is Forte Control software application, which allows the configuration of low-latency monitoring, mic pre level adjustment and other features.
USB audio interface for MAC or PCParticular attention has been paid to ergonomic design. A breakout cable with locking connector is used for microphone (XLR) and line/instrument (TRS) inputs, but balanced line and independent headphone outputs are provided on the unit itself, so the breakout cable is not required for playback-only applications. In addition, the fact that the mic and line-level inputs on the breakout cable are separate means that you can keep your inputs connected all the time without having to re-patch when you go from one to the other. Forte can run on bus power in "USB low-power mode" but an included power supply increases the available volume to headphones/line outputs and delivers +48V phantom power to your microphone.
The Midnight plug-in suiteThe classic Focusrite Midnight plugin suite is also included in the box, accurately modelling the classic ISA110 EQ and ISA130 compressor from the original Focusrite Forte console.