Smooth, Immense Bass Tone -- Since 1951
Ever since Leo Fender rolled out the original Precision Bass in 1951, players have gravitated towards its smooth playability and immense bass tone. The release of the American Standard P Bass continues this legacy with a set of captivating features and upgrades. From the high-end Fender Custom Shop pickups to the improved hardware and fresh finish options, the American Standard is one of the best P Basses yet.
Voluminous P Bass Tone
The American Standard sports a Fender Custom Shop '60s Precision Bass split single-coil pickup identical to that used on some of Fender's highest-end signature models. The P Bass sound is usually defined by its robust yet clear low-end and this powerful single-coil delivers exactly that. Punk, grunge, and other hard-rock bassists have long embraced the P Bass for its ability to cut through any mix and fill the low-end with captivating bass tone. These same tonal qualities have also been embraced by a long list of funk, jazz, and country players.
Check out the American Standard Precision Bass in this demo video from Fender:
Superb Playability and Other Upgrades
As its name implies, the Precision Bass design allows bassists a comfortable feel with a smooth and precise neck. Crafted in a modern C-shape with a hand-rolled maple fingerboard, all the American Standard delivers classic P Bass playability Fender fans have come to expect. For the release, Fender has updated the high mass bridge and introduced a thinner undercoating. Both features work to enhance the overall resonance of the bass.
- Fender Custom Shop '60s Precision Bass split single-coil pickup for classic P Bass tone
- Posiflex graphite neck support rods providing excellent stability
- Modern C-shaped neck with hand-rolled maple fingerboard
- Sturdy high mass vintage bridge
- Thin undercoating for enhanced resonance
- Included hardshell case
The bold tone and smooth feel of the American Standard make it easy to see why rock legends like Sting, Mike Dirnt of Greenday, and Roger Waters have embraced the P Bass as their go-to instrument.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: American Standard
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body: Alder, Gloss Urethane Finish
- Neck: Graphite Reinforced Maple, Modern C Shape
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Maple Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34 inches (86.36 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.625 inches (41.3 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16 inch Hex Adjustment
- Pickups: Custom Shop '60s P Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Fender/Hipshot Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Bridge: HMV, High Mass Vintage, (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Hardshell case, Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender USA STD Precision Bass MNThe Fender American Standard Precision electric bass brings classic P-bass tone, vibe and feel with upgraded features that set it apart from its predecessors. A seismic Fender Custom Shop '60s Precision Bass split single-coil pickup gives the American Standard Precision bass massive tone that remains clear so you can cut through the mix.
Features- Seismic Fender Custom Shop '60s Precision Bass split single-coil pickup
- Tinted neck for a luxurious look
- Posiflex Graphite neck support rods
- Rounded body shape gives a comfortable feel
- Rolled fingerboard edges for smooth playability