An amp designed for the masses, the EVH 5150 III combo amp aims to cover all the bases. It's got variable power selection from one to 50 watts, two Celestion speakers, and three channels that go from polite clean to sociopathic distortion.
Three Channels of Madness
Built to fulfill the high-gain fantasies of sadistic metalheads, the 5150 series has become known for raunchy distortion, but this amp offers much more than copious gain. Clean -- the first of its three channels -- offers crisp, clear tones great for blues or even country. On the crunch channel, you'll hear the classic "brown sound" with warm vintage distortion that's responsive to your pick attack. The ridiculous amounts of gain on the lead channel should leave no one wanting more, but if you want to further define your tone, the two sets of three-band EQs along with master presence and reverb give you plenty of tone shaping tools.
Flexibility at All Levels
Make no mistake, the EVH 5150 III is one powerful amp. But it can also tone things down when it needs to. With its variable power scaling, the amp can run from between one to 50 watts. This makes it suitable for late night bedroom practice or rocking hundreds of faces with blasting power chords. When you really need to quiet down, the headphone output keeps the sound for your ears only. Other practical features are the two parallel 1/4" outputs with 4/8/16 ohms selectable, MIDI compatibility, and the included four-button footswitch.
The Right Stuff
In order to handle all this gain and mayhem, the 5150 III had to have the right components. EVH powers the amp with two 6L6 tubes in the power section and seven 12 AX7 tubes in the preamp. Delivering that all-tube sound are two Celestion G12M Greenback speakers, known for their robust midrange and punchy tonality.
- 1-50 watts selectable output
- Two Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
- Three channels (clean, crunch, and lead)
- Three-band EQ for channels 1 and 2 and separate EQ for channel 3
- Master presence and reverb controls
- Seven 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two 6L6 power tubes
- Two parallel 1/4" outputs selectable between 4, 8, and 16 ohms
- MIDI compatible
- Four-button footswitch included
Get all the gain you could ever want at any volume you need with the EVH 5150 III.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Channels: 3
- Power: 50 Watt (variable power scaling down to 1 Watt)
- Speakers: Two Celestion G12M
- Reverb: DSP Reverb
- EQ: 3-band
- Preamp Tubes: 12AX7 x7
- Power Tubes: 6L6 x2
- Inputs: 1/4 inch TS instrument
- Outputs: Two 1/4 inch, Parallel (4/8/16 ohm switchable)
- Footswitch I/O: 4 Button Footswitch Included and MIDI compatibility
- Weight: 84 lbs
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 106 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 104 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 480-596-7195
With power scaling that allows you to vary your power output between 1 Watt and 50 Watts, the EVH 5150 III 2x12 Tube Combo Guitar Amplifier features separate clean, crunch and lead channels powered by 12AX7-pre and 6L6-power tubes. This 5150 Combo is perfect for live and studio settings by maintaining that EVH tone at a variety of volume levels.
With a single input and a rear-panel selectable output impedance, the cabinet uses a custom-shaped birch with special internal baffling, vintage-style chicken-head control knobs, red jewel light, recessed metal side handles, plastic top strap handle, and casters. The rear-panel offers MIDI input and preamp output, two parallel speaker outputs, effects loop and headphone jack that mutes the power amp.
The four-button footswitch controls all three channels and toggles the reverb on/off.
- 3-channel, Sealed Back Tube Combo Amplifier
- 50 Watts with variable power scaling down to 1 Watt
- Vintage style Celestion G12M speakers in
- Shared Gain, Volume and EQ on Channels 1 and 2 with Separate controls for Channel 3
- Master presence and resonance controls
- DSP reverb section lets you add depth and shine to your tone
- Dual parallel speaker output with 4, 8 or 16 ohm Selectable Impedance
- Effects loop, headphone out, line out, footswitch out
- Included four-button footswitch and MIDI footswitching