The EVH 5150 III amplifier head is the result of an extensive collaboration between Eddie Van Halen and the engineers at Fender. Together they have developed the 5150 III amplifier head -- which delivers an incomparably vast palette of hard rock and metal tones with 100 watts RMS of mighty force. This mighty tube amp head has 3 separate channels, and includes a footswitch to give you masterful control in live situations.
Twelve Tubes In All
The preamp in the EVH 5150 III amplifier is the heart of its rich tonal power, with 8 x 12AX7 tubes delivering a sound that immediately conjures Eddie's signature sound. The overtones and harmonic content are unbelievably rich -- delighting players looking for unique colors and tones to inspire a new level of playing and expression. The design of this preamp was continually refined to create a huge all-valve circuit that has less hiss and hum than most other ultra-high-gain amplifiers. The power end utilizes 4 x 6L6 tubes to push a massive amount of sound through whatever cabinet you decide to use with this beast. The valves are all mounted with super-heavy-duty hardware in a vertical configuration, making this head maximally rugged and roadworthy. And the transformers on the EVH 5150 III are of an all-custom design, including a special biasing that allows you to achieve Eddie's famous "Variable AC" effect.
The EVH 5150 III features three distinct channels for you to set and use in performance: Clean, Crunch, and Lead. Each channel then has its own Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume, Channel Select, and Presence controls with chicken-head style pointer knobs.
Highly Useful Footswitch Included
The included footswitch allows you to select any of the three channels with a single foot tap. The footswitch itself is easy to use even in darkened environments, with color-coded LEDs showing you which channel you've selected. The fourth switch on the footswitch engages or disengages the FX loop.
Simple and Straightforward I/O
The rear panel on the EVH 5150 III is where you'll find the Power and Standby switches. The FX Send and Return are located here as well, along with a separate Preamp Out. The Footswitch also connects through the rear panel. The 2 x parallel speaker outputs are switchable between 4, 8, or 16 Ohms, for maximum versatility when choosing complementary speaker cabinets.
EVH Still Looks Pretty Good, Too
Finally, it's worth pointing out that the EVH 5150 III is an exceptionally easy amp head on the eyes -- with ivory textured vinyl and a striped metal grille with a distinctive EVH logo.
- Three channels with one input
- 8 x 12AX7 tubes in preamp
- 4 x 6L6 in power stage
- 100 watts RMS
- Footswitch with color-coded LEDs
- Switchable FX Loop
- 4, 8, or 16 ohms selectable speaker outs
- Ivory textured vinyl covering
- EVH striped metal grille
- Four-button footswitch included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
EVH 5150 III Head Specifications
* Type: Tube Amplifier (head)
* Output: 100 Watts RMS
* Ohms: 4, 8, or 16 Ohms (selectable)
* Channels: Three channels with channel switching
* Covering: Ivory textured vinyl covering with a EVH striped metal grille
* Weight: 55 lbs. (25 kg)
* Height: 10.25" (26 cm)
* Width: 29.75" (75.5 cm)
* Depth: 11.5" (29.3 cm)
* Power Tubes: Four 6L6 tubes
* Preamp Tubes: Eight 12AX7 tubes
* Four-button footswitch included
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 62 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 65 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-7195
Shred like Ed with this monster head! Eddie and Fender worked together to develop the EVH 5150 III amplifier head -- an amp worthy of the Van Halen name, with full-on guitar-god tone. Made to EVH's exacting specifications with 3 channels and 100 watts RMS, the 5150 III has all the same features Eddie uses to create his signature sound, including the footswitch. Dynamic, harmonically-rich tones sing through the custom cabinet.
The EVH 5150 III is the brainchild of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Edward Van Halen, and the legendary tone masters of Fender. Combining all the features, quality standards and tone Ed requires and demands of his gear, this amplifier sits in a class by itself. It gives you very flexible tones that range from clean or crunch to full-out distortion, for limitless inspiration. Includes a footswitch.
- Made to Edward Van Halen's exacting specs, this is the exact amp used in the studio and on stage by one of the only true living legends of the guitar.
- Heavy duty hardware and construction, vertically-mounted preamp tubes with premium sockets. It's rugged and roadworthy!
- Custom made transformers and special biasing help achieve Edward's fabled Variable AC effect.
- Lower-noise preamp circuitry. Less hiss & hum than many ultra-high gain amplifiers.
- Preamp designed to add extremely high harmonic content. Makes notes seem to jump out of the guitar, and inspires creative, unpredictable playing.
- Footswitch with color-coded LEDs included: instantly select any of the three channels with one button push; selection is easily visible on a darkened stage; FX loop can also be selected.