Upgrade your live vocals with the Electro-Voice N/D767a handheld dynamic microphone. With a neodymium magnet to deliver a hotter signal, and a tight supercardioid pickup pattern to reduce feedback on stage, this microphone is specifically designed for live voice reinforcement. Vocalists and live sound engineers love the N/D767's frequency response: the top end reaches up to a stratospheric 22 kHz for a detailed, crisp, clear quality that helps singers cut through the mix. This mic also utilizes EV's Vocally Optimized Bass (VOB) technology to deliver a tailored low-end repsonse. When "worked" up close, the N/D767 delivers bass down to 35 Hz, increasing the mic's overall output level. When the mic is 24 inches or more from the source (such as mounted on a podium), bass response rolls off around 70 Hz. And since the N/D767 is designed as a handheld vocal mic, it's built with a multi-stage shock mount for reduced handling noise, and a "warm grip" handle for a comfortable feel.
Neodymium: Higher Gain, Hotter Vocals
Electro-Voice was one of the first manufacturers to use neodymium magnets in their dynamic microphones. Neodymium has a stronger magnetic field than more traditional materials, offering faster response and increased signal strength -- so you can deliver hotter vocal levels without cranking the gain. And unlike the typical handheld dynamic's wide cardioid pickup pattern, the N/D767 picks up sound in a narrower supercardioid pattern, reducing bleed from monitors and other instruments onstage. This tight unidirectional pattern means exceptional acoustic isolation and higher gain before feedback.
Vocally Optimized Bass
Dynamic microphones naturally exaggerate bass frequencies when placed close to the source (or held close to the mouth, in the case of a vocal mic). While lesser microphones can sound boomy and muddy as a result, the N/D767a is designed to add warmth and richness. Take a look at the N/D767a's frequency response graph, and you'll see two independent response curves based on vocal proximity. Used up close, this microphone delivers a tailored response that boosts the 100-200 Hz range, and reaches down to 35 Hz. At a distance of 24 inches, bass response rolls off gradually from 200 Hz.
Internal Shock Mount and Warm-Grip Handle
Live vocal microphones need to stand up to the abuse of high-energy performances, night after night. That's why the N/D767a has an internal multi-stage shock mount to reduce handling noise. As your lead singer travels the stage, pulling the mic from its stand, putting it back, twirling it around Roger Daltry-style, the shock mount absorbs these vibrations before they become clicks and pops in the PA speakers. Electro-Voice's Memraflex grille screen resists deformation, springing back into its regular shape even when a thumb is jammed into the mesh. The warm-grip handle is balanced and comfortable, to help take you through every encore with confidence.
- Neodymium element for hotter output
- Supercardioid pickup pattern reduces feedback on stage
- Wide frequency response from 35 Hz to 22 kHz
- Tailored low-end response delivers rich lows without muddiness
- Swivel mic clip and a soft zipper pouch included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Element: Dynamic N/DYM magnet structureFrequency Response:
- Close Response 35 Hz to 22 kHz
- Far Response 70 Hz to 22 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: Low-Z balanced (300 Ohms)Sensitivity:
- Open Circuit Voltage 3.1 mV/Pascal @ 1.0 kHz
- Power Level (0 dB=1mW/pascal) -51 dB
- Microphone Connector: 3-pin, XLR-type
- Polarity: Pin 2 positive, referenced to pin 3 with positive pressure on diaphragm
- Finish: Non-reflecting black
- Materials: Memraflex grille screen
- Warm-Grip handleDimensions:
Length: 7.1 in. (181 mm)
Diameter: 21 in. (52 mm)
Shank: 0.80 in. (20 mm)Weight:
Net: 9.2 oz (260 g)
Shipping: 18.9 oz (535 g)Accessories included:
Stand adapter (black)
Soft zippered gig bag
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- with Tripod Boom Stand and Mic Cable (20 Foot)
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs
Electro Voice Warranty
Electro-Voice offers the following warranties: 5 years on speakers; 3 years on electronics; and 2 years on microphones.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 800-392-3497
The N/D767a presents optimal performance in a live sound environment. The 767a vocal microphone utilizes EV's VOB (vocally optimized bass) technology to provide the performer with reduced low-end distortion and eliminates the muddiness found in other microphones. Combined with EV's industry-first neodymium-based magnet structure, the N/D767a offers the power and clarity to "cut through the mix."
Usage - Optimal Placement
- Vocals: 0 to 6 in. from the windscreen, and on axis with the microphone.
- Spoken Word: 5 to 10 in. from the windscreen, and on axis with microphone.
The low frequency response of the N/D767a microphone varies with the distance from the sound source. Known as "proximity effect," maximum bass response is produced in "close-up" use with the microphone 1/4 in. from the sound source. Normal bass response is experienced with working distances greater than 24 inches. Working close to the microphone will produce a more robust sound. Close up positioning of the microphone will also reduce the potential for feedback from the sound reinforcement system.When close-talked, the bass-boost provides an increase in overall microphone output level. The mixer gain may be proportionately reduced, resulting in a reduction of the system's sensitivity to feedback caused by sound entering themicrophone from the loudspeakers.
- VOB technology provides tailored bass response for controlled "proximity effect" and exceptional vocal clarity
- Supercardioid pattern for superior feedback rejection and acoustic isolation.
- Multistage shock mount for unmatched low-handling noise.
- Neodymium based magnet structure provides greater sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio.
- Warm Grip handle for more comfortable feel.