The Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A MKII monitors are exceptional and widely celebrated studio-grade powered monitors. They deliver an impressive output-to-size ratio and present crystal-clear sonic images, even when they're roaring at their loudest. The BM5As are a true dual-amplifer design, delivering a maximum 117 dB SPL. Each speaker delivers 90 watts of output.
Speakers Built By Hand
The speakers inside the BM5A MKIIs are entirely handcrafted in a proprietary design with custom alloys and cone papers. The compression driver cone is a D-281 28 mm soft dome with a rear chamber design and magnetic fluid cooling. The front is comprised of a special 4mm aluminum. The woofer cone is a 7-inch molded aluminum frame design, with a one-piece thermo-formed MSP cone. The wire voice coil is made of 75mm pure aluminum wire.
The Dynaudio Sound
The sound of this near-field monitor is decidedly more accurate in the bass than most other monitors due to its cool-running, high output design. The high end in the mix is benefitted immensely by the special soft dome tweeter that retains and conveys the subtlest sparkling overtones and transients in your mix. In mixing or playback sessions, it does an exceptional job at revealing levels of detail and dynamic subtleties that are lacking on other systems. And it does all of this while offering a dynamic response that is balanced and is pleasing to the ear.
Fine-Tunable to the Room
Each BM5A MKII comes with three integrated analog room-specific filters to help you properly balance the perceived sound of the speakers in relation to the environment where they are situated. Here you have Low, Mid and High frequency adjusters to compensate for factors like reflection and phase cancellation that can make the low end frequencies particularly hard to tune in untreated rooms.
Wastes No Weight or Space
Each monitor weighs a mere 20 pounds, making it one of the lighter powered speakers out there for the power rating.
- True dual-amplifier design powered monitor
- Handcrafted aluminum speaker design
- Super high-resolution soft dome driver
- Extended excursion 7-inch LF driver
- 3-band EQ with integrated analog room-specific filters
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Dynaudio Acoustics products.
- System: Two-way Active Nearfield Monitor- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 45 Hz - 21 kHz- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Short Term): 117 dB peak- Max SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Short Term): 118 dB peak- Input level for 85 dB SPL @1m (+4/-10): 100mV @ 0dB setting- Input level for max peak SPL (+4/-10): +9dBu Peak @ 0dB setting- Power consumption: Idle: 10 W / Max: 90 W- Amplifier power: 2x 90 W Transient power (50 W RMS) - Resonance Frequency: 55 Hz- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9 liters- Bass Principle: Bass reflex- Crossover Frequencies: 1500 Hz- Crossover Slope: 6 dB/oct- Tweeter: D-281 - 28 mm soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid, 4mm aluminium front- Woofer: 7 inch moulded aluminium frame, One piece thermo formed MSP cone, 75 mm pure aluminium wire voice coil- Weight: 8.7 kg / 19.2 lbs- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 320 mm, (7.3 x 12.5 x 12.5 in.)
Dynaudio Acoustics Warranty
Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A monitors have become something of a legend in monitoring circles, thanks largely to their accuracy, clarity, and that they can deliver a punch well above their weight. Now Dynaudio Acoustics has taken the original design and made it even better. The result: Dynaudio BM5A MKII nearfield precision monitors with ultra-accurate handcrafted driver technology.
The BM5A MKII imparts all of the quality and power that you've come to expect from Dynaudio Acoustics but they have been re-engineered to take nearfield monitoring to higher levels of performance. Includes Dynaudio Acoustics handmade drivers that offer the best in quality and accuracy. The woofer offers longer excursions so stays linear for longer, resulting in a cleaner, tighter bass response.
This louder and more accurate bass is matched at the top end with a high-resolution soft dome tweeter that delivers an unparalleled response. The added waveguide ensures less acoustical reflections and a more accurate sweet spot for the listener, resulting in a much better monitoring experience.
Dynaudio matched the drivers perfectly to the BM5A MKII's custom designed dual amps to deliver maximum 117dB SPL while maintaining extraordinary sensitivity, resulting in a louder, cleaner and more accurate sound.
The three integrated analog room filters allow you adjustment and compensation of the acoustical monitor placement at both Low, Mid and High frequencies e.g. adjusting for the bass boost at corner or wall placement as well as the potential high frequency console reflections.
The Dynaudio BM5A MKII has taken an established industry standard and made it louder, clearer and more accurate than ever. With the BM5A MKII expect better monitoring across the entire frequency range.
Features:- Handcrafted aluminium drivers - High-resolution soft dome tweeter - Smooth and accurate HF waveguide - Extended excursion 7-inch woofer - 2 channel 90-Watt transient power (2x 50W RMS) - 117dB SPL peak power output - Frequency response of 48Hz to 21kHz - HF, MF, LF analog room filters