After you get a taste of the Casio PX-780 Privia digital piano's powerful sound engine, and the incredibly natural response of the 88 simulated ebony- and ivory-textured keys on the PX-780's fully weighted keybed, you might just be convinced that it sounds and feels as good as an acoustic grand piano. But when you start playing around with the PX-780's many instrument tones and rhythm patterns, the 17-track recorder, USB and MIDI connectivity, and other useful features, you will probably be thankful it's digital, because it can do so much more than an acoustic!
Explore a Range of Tones, Rhythms, and FXThis sleek, versatile instrument offers not only realistic grand piano sounds, but the sounds of strings, organs, electric pianos, brass, drums, bass, and more, in a practical, affordable design that would sit well in any space -- be it your living room, music studio, or classroom. The PX-780 will definitely keep your fingers busy, with its built-in effects, 250 instrument tones, and 180 drum patterns with full auto-accompaniment.
AiR-Driven SoundsThanks to Casio's proprietary sound source, "AiR" (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator), the 88-key PX-780 is able to capture the true sound and resonance of an acoustic grand piano with impressive realism and detail, providing the dynamics, damper resonance, and natural attack and release you would expect from an acoustic piano. Its AiR engine, designed to produce detailed dynamics and damper resonance, even compensates for the speed at which an acoustic piano's hammers strike strings at different velocities and key ranges.
This High-Performance Piano Might Out-Perform YouIn a stylish cabinet with a sliding key cover, this Privia piano also features a 17-track recorder for composing your own songs, enhanced registration capability so you can store your favorite splits and layers for live performance use, dual 20-watt speakers for room-filling sound, and 3 familiar pedals for expressive playing. So that you can quickly connect the PX-780 to recording and sound reinforcement equipment, the digital piano has easily accessible audio outputs -- dual 1/4" TS line output jacks in addition to the two TRS headphone jacks.
USB MIDI OnboardClass-compliant USB connectivity on the PX-780 Privia allows it to be used with Macs or PCs without the need for downloading drivers. If you have an iPad and Apple's Camera Connection Kit, you can use the PX-780 as a fully featured controller for the iPad.
Natural Key Response and FeelIn making the PX-780, Casio did its best to reproduce all qualities of an acoustic grand, tones and touch included. The digital piano boasts the Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II, which provides a natural key response and incorporates a system with three sensors that detect touches of the keys sequentially, for accurate timing that you can hear. Likewise, the PX-780's simulated ebony and ivory keys offer the rich feel, texture, and smooth touch of a grand piano keyboard.
Features:- 88-Key digital piano
- Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II provides natural key response
- Simulated ebony and ivory keys feel like the keys of a grand piano
- Casio's AiR (Acoustic & intelligent Resonator) sound engine delivers realistic piano tone
- Hammer response and string resonance simulation
- 128-Note polyphony
- 250 Built-in tones with Layer, Split, and Octave Shift functions
- Auto Harmonize function for easy song construction
- 17-Track recorder and metronome for further aid during practice
- Duet mode: Divide the 88-note keyboard into two 44-note keyboards for two simultaneous players -- perfect for lessons
- Onboard effects (4 reverb, 4 chorus) for enhanced sounds
- 180 Built-in rhythms and 10 user rhythms cover various music styles
- Rhythm editor lets you customize beats
- Music library with 10 user songs available
- 20-Watt speaker system
- 3 Built-in pedals: damper, soft, sostenuto
- Pitch bend wheel
- USB connectivity for storage to a computer
- MIDI I/O
- 2 x 1/4" TRS Line out
- 2 Headphone jacks for quiet playing
- Auto Power Off
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Casio products.
- Keyboard: 88 keys, weighted scaled hammer action
- Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II
- 3 sensitivity levels, off
- Sound Source: AiR (Acoustic & intelligent Resonator)
- "Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR Sound Source"
- Polyphony (maximum): 128
- Tones: 250 Built-in tones, 6 direct tones,Duet Mode, Layer, Split, Octave Shift
- Simulator: Hammer Response, Damper Resonance
- Digital: Reverb 4
- Effects: Chorus 4
- Brillance -3 ~ 0 ~+3
- Auto Harmonize: Yes
- Key Transpose: 25 steps (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5Hz ~ 440.0Hz ~ 465.9Hz
- Rhythms: 180 Built in
- 10 User Rhythms
- 8 Number of direct rhythms select buttons
- One Touch Preset
- Rhythm Editor: Yes
- Music Library: 10 User Songs
- Capacity (Approx. 3.2MB (Approx. 320KB/song))
- Demo Songs: 6
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Setting: 20 ~ 255BPM
- Music Presetting: Tapping function, 300 built-in presets, 50 user presets, Editing Parameters
- Registration Memory Recorder: 96 (4 areas x 24 bank), Real time Rec, Punch IN/OUT, 17 tr
- Pedals: Included : SP-3
- Display: LCD with backlight
- Pitch Bend Wheel: Yes
- Terminals: USB (to host)
- USB (to device)
- Pedal 2 (Damper)
- Connector for 3-Pedal Unit
- MIDI IN/OUT
- PHONES / OUTPUT 2 (Stereo Standard)
- LINE IN
- LINE OUT
- Speakers: (5.1" x 2.4") x2
- Tweeter 2.0" x 2
- Amplifier: 20W + 20W
- Power Supply: AC Adapter : AD-A12150
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Consumption: 18 W
- Damper (Sustain): Yes
- Included: Score Stand
- Accessories: Ac Adapter
- AC Adaptor: Yes(AD-A12150)
- Music Stand: CS-67P
- Unit size - W x D x H: 53.43 x 11.77 x 32.80 inch
- Unit weight in pounds: 69.45 lbs
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 87 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-435-7732
Product DescriptionThe Casio PX-780 represents a significant step in the continuing evolution of the Privia digital piano line. A combination of low keyboard action and a powerful sound engine provide a great level of detail, nuance and expression for a superior grand piano experience in the lightweight and stylish design that Privia is known for.
Piano SoundThe award winning grand piano sound in Privia has been dramatically improved. The PX-780 utilizes more than three times the memory of the previous generation for a more natural piano tone. In addition, Casio's proprietary sound source "AiR" (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) provides unmatched realism and detail. This engine provides seamless dynamics for a remarkably expressive and powerful performance. For further realism a Damper Resonance simulator provides the rich sound of the strings when the sustain pedal is used.
Key ActionThe PX-780 also features redesigned 88 note Tri-sensor scaled hammer action keyboard. This action features simulated Ebony and Ivory textured keys for a incredible feel and it's three sensors capture the dynamics of a performance with unparalleled speed and accuracy. To further enhance the experience, the action and the sound engine take into consideration the speed at which different sized hammers move inside acoustic grand relative to velocity the keys are pressed, this timing nuance provides the ultimate key to sound experience.
Powerful FeaturesThe PX-780 has a total of 250 instrument tones built-in. Strings, organs, electric pianos, brass, drums, bass and more and with the PX-780's registration capability you can store your favorite splits and layers for live performance use. The PX-780 also has 180 drum patterns with full auto accompaniment and a 17 track recorder for composing your own songs. Ready for the stage or studio, the PX-780 has easily accessible audio outputs so you can easily connect the PX-780 to recording and sound reinforcement equipment.
USB MIDICasio continues the tradition or providing "class compliant" USB connectivity on Privia digital pianos. This allows Privia to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need for downloading drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows Privia digital pianos can also be used as a controller the Apple iPad simply with the use of Apple's Camera Connection Kit.
AIR Sound SourceTo reproduce the sound of the finest acoustic grand pianos, the Privia series features Casio's proprietary AiR (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) processor. Accessing more than three times the memory of the previous generation, the AiR processor utilizes grand piano samples recorded at four dynamics sampling to deliver grand piano sounds with long natural decays and remarkable expression. To further the grand piano experience, AiR adds realism by simulating the sound of the open strings when the dampers are raised by the pedal.
Features:- 88 Note Scaled Hammer-Action Keyboard
- AiR Sound Source
- Ebony and Ivory Feel Keys
- Hammer Response and String Resonance Simulation