There are digital pianos that are meant to be tucked away in classrooms or practice studios, and there are digital pianos that are meant for the stage. The Casio Privia Pro PX-5S digital stage piano is the latter: this ultra-portable 88-key piano packs a plethora of performance features into a slim, lightweight design that is not only practical, but aesthetically pleasing. And with 88 spring-less hammer-action keys, top-notch on-board sounds and effects, sound editing tools, and deep MIDI controller functionality, the PX-5S is a versatile, expressive instrument ideal for gigging musicians. There's even a USB port that lets you record 44.1 kHz WAV audio directly to a thumb drive.
Light in weight, but heavy on sounds, the Privia Pro PX-5S will rock the stage with its collection of vintage keyboards, acoustic pianos, and synths. Realistic, detailed, expressive grand piano sounds are driven by Casio's proprietary AiR Sound Source technology, which has been expanded for the PX-5S with 256 notes of polyphony to provide improved dependability and control over other instrument tones and effects. Although the Priva Pro grand piano sounds are awesome, you won't be limited to just those on the PX-5S -- you can tap in to gritty electric piano, classic harpsichord, and funky clav sounds, some of which feature release samples, amplifier, and speaker simulations for greater believability. Powerful Hex Layer tones complete with real-time filters add extra dimension to the sounds.
Tons of Built-In Effects
You can sweeten your tone even further with the Privia Pro PX-5S's system effects (reverb, chorus, delay, string and damper resonance), master effects (4-band EQ and compressor), and insert effects (limiter, enhancer, early reflection, phaser, chorus, flanger, tremolo, auto pan, rotary, drive rotary, LFO wah, auto wah, distortion with amp simulator, pitch shifter, multi chorus, ring mod, delay, and more).
Hands-On Control and iPad Compatibility
You can tell just by looking at the Casio Privia Pro PX-55 that it's meant to be easy to use for the live performer, with its buttons, 4 knobs, 6 sliders, and pitch and mod wheels all in black, on a white background. These hands-on controllers (plus two footswitch controllers) can control your PX-5S's internal sounds, effects parameters, or send continuous control data to other gear. Split your PX-5S's 88-key keyboard into up to 4 zones, any of which can control an internal tone, an external MIDI device, or both. Speaking of external MIDI devices, if you're playing software synths on an iPad, there's even a textured rubbery surface on the right side of the PX-5S's top panel that can hold your iPad during a show!
Phrase Sequencer and Arpeggiator
The PX-5S is loaded with an 8-track phrase sequencer with 100 phrases built in, and room for 900 of your own. There's also a powerful, fully programmable 16-step arpeggiator that can trigger parameter changes like filter sweeps in addition to triggering notes.
Portable and lightweight, Casio's PX-5S weighs just 24 pounds, ensuring that getting the piano on stage is as easy as playing it.
- Digital stage piano with 88-note Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II Keyboard
- Vintage electric piano, grand piano, and synth sounds provide tonal versatility
- AiR Sound Source technology delivers realistic, detailed piano sounds
- 256-Note polyphony
- 4-Zone master controller offers 4 knobs and 6 sliders for controlling internal sounds, effects, and more
- Additional control provided by pitch and modwheel and 2 pedal inputs
- 4 Programmable 16-step arpeggiators included
- Phrase sequencer good for 8 tracks and up to 1,000 phrases
- System, insert, and master effects let you customize your sounds
- Independent USB and MIDI I/O
- Lightweight (24 lbs.) build makes it easy to transport and set up
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Keyboard: 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 Notes
- Number of Tones:
- 370 Preset / 350 User
- Keyboard Instrument (including Electric Piano) - 60 Preset, 50 User
- Hex Layer - 50 Preset, 150 User
- Stage Settings: 100 User Stage Settings / 4 zone configurations
- Controllers: 4 knobs, 6 sliders, Pitch & Modwheel, 2 Pedal Inputs
- Arpeggiator: 4 simultaneous programmable 16 step Arpeggiators
- Phrase Sequencer: 8 Tracks, up to 1,000 phrases
- Storage: USB / File & Audio Recording
- System Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Delay, String & Damper Resonance
- Insert Effects: 4 simultaneous / Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion (w/ Amp Simulator), Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Mod, Delay, Piano effect
- Master Effects: 4 Band EQ & Compressor
- MIDI: Independent USB & MIDI I/O
- Audio Terminals: 1/4" L&R Input & Output, 1/8" Audio Input
- Dimension: 52.05 x 11.26 x 5.31 (inch)
- Weight: 24.47 lbs (W/O Battery)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 33 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 800-435-7732
Experience the elegant design and rich resonance of the Casio PX-5S. The Privia PX-5S redefines the stage piano category with unprecedented sound quality and performance features in a lightweight design that is supremely portable. Featuring tone editing, insert effects, MIDI controller capabilities, an 88 Key, Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II Keyboard and weighing only 24 lbs., the Privia PX-5S is ready to take stage.
The PX-5S redefines what a stage piano can be, providing an arsenal of acoustic piano, vintage keyboard and synth sounds with powerful controller features and sequencing tools, all in a remarkable 24 lbs package
Powered by Air
At the heart of the PX-5S Stage Piano is Casio's proprietary AiR sound source which provides incredible realism, detail and expression for grand piano sounds. In the PX-5S, the power of AiR has been expanded to provide stunning fidelity and control over other instrument tones and effects with 256 notes of polyphony.
Old School, High-Class
In addition to Privia's award winning grand piano sounds, the PX-5S has an arsenal of developed sounds including classic electric piano, harpsichord and clav sounds. Some of these tones are complete with release samples, amplifier and speaker simulations for an incredibly authentic experience.
The PX-5S is a powerful four zone controller, complete with 4 knobs and 6 sliders all of which are completely configurable to control internal sounds, effects parameters or send continuous controllers to other gear. Each zone on the PX-5S can control an internal sound, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.
Next-Generation Sonic Territory
The PX-5S redefines what a stage piano should be, providing an arsenal of other sounds and creative tools. The PX-5S includes powerful Hex Layer tones complete with real-time filters and also features four programmable arpeggiators and multitrack phrase sequencing.
- 88 Note Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II Keyboard
- Vintage Electric Piano Sounds
- 4 Zone Master Controller
- AiR Sound Source
- 256 Note Polyphony