The Boss ME-70 combines amp modeling and multi-effects processing into a single, pedalboard style layout. Turning effects on and off is as simple as stepping on the ME-70's respective footswitches, and the amp models can be completely taken out of the signal chain by turning the Type knob to off-- a boon for those looking for a bunch of quality effects to feed into an amp you already love. The COSM technology (the Boss/Roland sound engine) in the Boss ME-70 is taken straight from the much more expensive Boss GT-10, their flagship effects box, meaning you can count on getting the best sounds Boss has to offer.
The WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) nature of the Boss ME-70 makes navigation easy, giving you tactile, immediate control over your sound. Further, the ME-70 features the celebrated EZ Tone function, which gets you up and running right out of the box with artist-designed-and-tested tone.
- Preamp: This is your section of amp models, with dedicated equalization and volume/gain stages.
- Compression/FX: Here you can adjust compression, or instead use some of the Boss special effects like their lauded Slow Gear. Online auction sites have the original Slow Gear going for the price of this unit alone (if you can even find one.)
- Overdrive/Distortion: A selection of grit boxes, all derived from actual Boss pedals.
- Modulation: A comprehensive selection of mods, also including a smart Harmonizer.
- Delay: Boss delays never disappoint, and this is no exception.
- Reverb: A single knob lets you go from Room to Hall and everywhere in between.
- Pedal FX: Volume, Wah, Whammy-type effects, and even delay level can be controlled with this sweep.
Stage Ready, at the Ready
The Boss ME-70's clear, bold LED screen is perfect for dark stages, allowing you to see which preset you're currently centered on. If the 4 switches and expression pedal on the ME-70 don't offer enough control, hook up the Boss FS5U and you can now switch your preamp or reverb on and off. The Boss ME-70 is battery-powered, or compatible with the standard Boss-style 9v adapter, the PSA120S.
For under $300, you are getting thousands of dollars' worth of Boss effects in a sturdy, well-designed, thoughtfully laid-out all-inclusive package. Boss got the ME-70 right.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
AD Conversion: 24-bit + AF method*
DA Conversion: 24-bit
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
Patch: 36 (User) + 36 (Preset)
Effect Type: COMP/FX (Compressor/Effect): COMP, T.WAH UP, T.WAH DOWN, SLOW GEAR, DEFRETTER, Single>Hum, Hum>Single, SOLO
OD/DS (Overdrive/Distortion): BOOST, NATURAL, OD-1, BLUES, DIST, CLASSIC, MODERN, METAL, CORE, FUZZ
MODULATION: CHORUS, PHASER, FLANGER, ROTARY, UNI-V, TREMOLO, VIBRATO, HARMONIST, OCTAVE, DELAY
DELAY: 1-99 ms, 100-990 ms, 1000-6000 ms, ANALOG, MODULATE, REVERSE, CHO + DELAY, MOMENTARY, TAP, PHRASE LOOP
PREAMP: OFF, EQ, CLEAN, COMBO, TWEED, STACK, LEAD STK, R-FIER
NS (Noise Suppressor)
REVERB: ROOM, HALL
PEDAL FX (Pedal Effect): WAH, VOICE, +1 OCTAVE, -1 OCTAVE, MOD RATE
Nominal Input Level
GUITAR INPUT: -10 dBu
AUX IN: -18 dBu
- GUITAR INPUT: 1M ohm
- AUX IN: 22k ohms
Nominal Output Level: -10 dBu
Output Impedance: 2k ohms
Display: 7 segments, 2 digits LED
- DC 9 V Dry Batteries (R6/LR6(AA) type) x 6
- AC Adaptor (BOSS PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 130 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline: 12 hours
- Carbon: 3.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Accessories Included: Owner's Manual, Dry Batteries (Alkaline: LR6 (AA) type) x 6, Roland Service (Information Sheet)
- AC Adaptor: BOSS PSA series
- Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-6
- 384 mm
- 15-1/8 inches
- 229 mm
- 9-1/16 inches
- 74 mm
- 2-15/16 inches
- 3.5 kg
- 7 lbs. 12 oz.
Maximum height ... 100 mm/3-15/16 inches
Weight includes batteries.
*AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
A multi-effects unit that's as easy as a stompbox -- that's the beauty of the ME-70. The friendly, knob-laden design makes tone creation a snap, but with a powerful COSM(R) Amp section derived from the GT-10, the ME-70 takes the "EZ effects" concept to great heights.
- Dedicated knobs for each parameter for fast, friendly operation
- COSM Preamp section derived from GT-10 and Legend series
- EZ Tone for quick, easy editing
- Four footswitches and Expression pedal
- Phrase Loop function in Delay section, with 38 seconds of recording time
- Battery or AC (optional PSA-120s) operation
zZounds Expert Review
Boss pedals have earned a spot in nearly every player's rig for the last 30-plus years. The ME-70 is no exception, as it features a number of amplifier models, classic distortions, compressors, tap tempo delays, a looper section, and even an expression pedal to control these effects. This ultimate stompbox puts the best of the best Boss pedals right in front of you and lets you call the shots in real time. One look at the top panel of this pedal, and you'll see it's a Swiss Army knife that has you covered without taking up the space of dozens of pedals. A personal favorite feature is the myriad of time and modulation effects that can be operated independently or simultaneously -- with the option to control your parameters with the on-board expression pedal. Kick on the compressor section, and your delay trails will hang as long or short as your song requires. Set it to tap tempo, and you can dial in your repeats on the fly without skipping a beat. This multi-effect is a great pedal for tweakers, shoe-gazers, and those who are looking for one piece to do the job of a floor-full of pedals. - Bert, zZounds Guitar Expert