Plenty of Routing, Great Sound, and Serious Bang for the Buck!Heads up, studio owners and gigging musicians -- the flagship Behringer QX2442USB XENYX USB mixer can really streamline your workflow. This 16-channel USB mixer boasts 10 XENYX-powered mic inputs, 4 stereo channels, 4 aux sends, 4 stereo aux returns, easy "1-knob" compressors on the first 8 channels, built-in Klark Teknik effects, and much more for managing your music in the studio and out.
In addition to tons of I/O, the QX2442USB provides the recording/playback flexibility that comes with a built-in USB audio interface, plus a download path to get free software, virtual instruments, and effects. Four subgroups give you lots of mixing flexibility, while L/R main inserts make it easy to connect your outboard graphic EQs or compressor/limiters. Also exclusive to Behringer's QX2442USB XENYX are 8 channel direct outs and sub outs for analog recording. Do it all from the QX2442USB XENYX.
Sweet Mic Pres with One-Knob Compressors and 4-Band EQAt the heart of this mixer, you have 10 XENYX mic channels with inserts, dedicated compressors, 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mids, and channel direct outs. These high-headroom XENYX microphone preamps yield 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to above 200 kHz, elevating your mic setup to boutique-quality standards.
Balance out your sound with easy "one-knob" dynamic compression on your first 8 mono channels, and add warmth with the mixer's channel EQ, which is based on the circuitry of '60s and '70s British mixing consoles.
Onboard FX with 32 Gig-Ready Presets and Tap TempoOf course you could bring all your expensive rack effects to a live gig, but why bother when you have Klark Teknik FX built right in to your mixer? With these FX processors, you get 32 impressive presets with dual addressable parameters, storable user parameter settings, and a tap tempo function. There's even a dedicated level meter for your effects on the mixer's LCD screen.
Record and Edit, Inside and Outside of the BoxA single USB cable is all it takes to connect the mixer to a computer for direct recording to your hard drive. The QX2442USB XENYX's bi-directional stereo USB audio interface works with both Macs and PCs.
Even if your computer isn't fully stocked with DAW software and editing apps, you can get rolling by downloading software from Behringer's Web site. Audacity, Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear complement the QX2442USB XENYX mixer's recording and podcasting capabilities. These programs, as well as virtual instruments and FX plug-ins, are free for QX2442USB XENYX owners.
Features:- 16-channel, low-noise, high-headroom mixer
- 10 phantom-powered XENYX mic preamps
- 8 compressors with "one-knob" functionality and control LED
- Klark Teknik FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function, and storable user parameter settings
- "Wireless-ready" for Behringer Ultralink digital wireless systems (not included)
- Stereo USB audio interface to connect to your computer
- Warm, musical-sounding British-style 3-band EQs with semi-parametric midrange
- Channel inserts and direct outputs on each mono channel, and main mix inserts for connecting outboard gear
- 4 aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post-fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post-fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute, main mix, and subgroup routing switches; solo and PFL on all channels
- 4 subgroups with independent outputs
- 4 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Control room/headphones outputs with multi-input source matrix
- Rec inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply
- Free audio recording, editing, and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable online
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 702-800-8290
Behringer QX2442USB XENYX USB MixerThe flagship of the XENYX QX USB Series is the Behringer QX2442USB with 10 state-of-the-art, XENYX-powered mic inputs, 4 stereo channels, 4 Aux Sends, 4 stereo Aux Returns, plus the easy to use "one knob" compressors on all mono channels.
Other features exclusive to the QX2442USB are: four subgroups for mixing flexibility; L/R Main Inserts which are the ideal path for connecting graphic equalizers or compressor/limiters; and 8 each Direct Outs and Sub Outs for analog recording purposes. Enjoy the freedom of wireless mic functionality, thanks to the built-in ULM receiver port. No task is too big or too small for the XENYX QX2442USB.
Outstanding ValueNo matter what your audio mixing needs are, Behringer QX Series USB mixers provide the performance and features to take your talent to the next level, at a price sure to amaze you. Try one on today -- they've got one in your size.
With millions of loyal and happy customers, Behringer XENYX mixers stand alone at the top of their class. Armed with premium microphone preamps and robust feature sets typically reserved for more expensive consoles, next-generation XENYX Q Series USB mixers can handle your live gigs and provide the state-of-the-art tools to make stunning, professional-quality recordings.
Select models feature dedicated, "wireless-ready" integration for the ULM Series USB microphones, making them the first of their kind in the industry. Along with their built-in USB/audio interfaces, "one-knob" mono channel compressors and KLARK TEKNIK FX engines on select models, XENYX Q Series USB mixers come with all the recording and editing software you'll need to turn your computer into a complete, high-performance recording studio.
KLARK TEKNIK FX on All QX ModelsNothing adds the finishing touch to a live or recorded performance like really good effects, so they equipped a select group of these mixers with one of the best FX engines in the industry. Designed by the world-renowned KLARK TEKNIK engineering team, these high-end FX processors feature 32 studio-grade presets with dual addressable parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings. Complete with its own dedicated level meter, these effects provide a wide range of enhancement options, from sweet and mild to absolutely wild.
Wireless Ready PerformanceThe QX2442USB mixer is "wireless-ready" right out of the box. The Ultralink ULM100 (sold separately) is a high-quality 2.4 GHz wireless mic, plus a receiver dongle that connects directly to a dedicated input port on the top of the mixer. If you want to operate with an additional microphone, the Ultralink ULM200 (also sold separately) comes with two hand-held microphones and a special 2-channel USB receiver. These technologic breakthroughs make for seamless wireless integration that is easier and more affordable than ever.
CompressionAsk professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous -- dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance.
But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate sound techs have difficulty mastering. the "one-knob" compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. The "one-knob" compressors come standard on each and every XENYX Q Series USB mixer.
Sonically Superior Mic PreampsAll XENYX mixers have one thing in common; great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic preamps are a tremendous step in the evolution of audio technology -- and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to expensive, boutique-style mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. As a result, XENYX mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance that you just might think someone upgraded your microphones while you weren't looking.
Sweet British EQThe British consoles of the 1960s and '70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on the XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
Recording ReadyThere was a time when the recording process called for lots of specialized gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio -- and that time was expensive. But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. But how do you get all that music flying around your brain into a computer? That's where XENYX Q Series mixers come in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive.
How About Some Free Software?Because you'll want to take full advantage of your XENYX QX Series mixers' recording and podcasting potential, they've put together a massive software download online that includes Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You're ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box. You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio.
Features:- Premium ultra-low noise, high-headroom mixer
- 10 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX mic preamps
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Ultra-high quality KLARK TEKNIK FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- "Wireless-ready" for high-quality BEHRINGER digital wireless system (not included)
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable online
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- Channel inserts and direct outputs on each mono channel plus main mix inserts for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 4 aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute, main mix and subgroup routing switches, solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 4 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility; 4 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix; rec inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility 100 - 240 V, noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany