The AT2020 USB Plus Mic: Audio-Technica Quality For Your DesktopPlug the Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Plus condenser microphone directly into your computer, and capture your performance with Audio-Technica quality. With this USB mic, there's no need for a separate preamp or audio interface -- the microphone records directly to your recording software at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz resolution. A built-in 1/8" headphone jack lets you monitor your performance, with a Mix knob to blend the signal of the microphone with pre-recorded audio in your headphones. With a cardioid pickup pattern and 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, this USB condenser mic is a great choice for narrating YouTube videos, recording podcasts, or capturing quick demos of your music.
The USB Version of the AT2020 CondenserBased on Audio-Technica's hugely popular AT2020 XLR microphone, this USB version has the same outstanding build quality, high SPL handling, and unique low-mass diaphragm as the original, with the addition of a USB output for connecting directly to your computer -- no audio interface or preamp required. With its built-in analog-to-digital conversion, this mic delivers 44.1 or 48 kHz 16-bit audio directly to your recording software. There's a headphone jack directly on the front of the mic, with a Mix knob so you can monitor your performance blended with playback from your recording software.
Extended Frequency Response and High SPL HandlingAudio-Technica's original AT2020USB microphone had a more limited frequency response, but this "Plus" version extends the highs to 20 kHz, allowing you to capture more detail and accuracy from vocals and instruments. And with a maximum sound pressure level rating of 144 dB SPL, the AT2020 USB is a solid choice for tracking loud sources, like drums or guitar amps.
Record Vocals, Guitars, Drums and MoreWhat makes the AT2020 USB microphone such a solid choice for home recording? Flexibility is key. Audio-Technica's innovative back-electret capsule design means an exceptionally thin, responsive diaphragm that's great at capturing the fast transients of acoustic guitars or cymbals. Of course, as a cardioid large-diaphragm condenser, the AT2020 USB wouldn't be the home-studio hit that it is without the ability to deliver detailed vocals. Factor in the USB output, and this mic's flexibility makes it a serious value.
Features:- Side-address style large-diaphragm condenser microphone with USB output
- Cardioid pickup pattern -- ideal for voice recording
- Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Super-sturdy construction
- Excellent introduction to Audio-Technica quality
- Tripod desk stand, pivoting stand mount, USB cable, and storage pouch included
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X
- Internal headphone amplifier with 1/8" stereo headphone output and Mix control so you can blend your mic's signal with pre-recorded audio
Designed for the growing professional with big dreams but a tight budget, the AT2020 USB Plus combines the best qualities of the original AT2020, including the low-mass diaphragm that delivers extended frequency response and superior transient response, with the convenience of a direct USB link to your PC or Mac. Plug in the Audio-Technica AT2020USB Plus microphone and start recording!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audio-Technica products.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Power Requirements: USB Power (5V DC)
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1/48 kHz
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 330-686-2600
Audio-Technica AT2020USB Plus CondenserEquipped with a USB output, the Audio-Technica AT2020USB Plus Cardioid Condenser Microphone is designed for digitally capturing music or any acoustic audio source using your favorite recording software. The AT2020USB Plus offers the critically acclaimed, award-winning sound of the AT2020, with studio-quality articulation and intelligibility perfect for singer/songwriters, podcasters, voice-over artists, field recorders, and home studio recorders.
The AT2020USB Plus features a built-in headphone jack with volume control that allows you to directly monitor your microphone signal with no delay. It also offers mix control that blends microphone and pre-recorded audio. The microphone's cardioid pickup pattern delivers excellent off-axis rejection, while its A/D converter with a 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate ensures extremely articulate sound reproduction.
Audio-Technica's state-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure that the microphone complies with the company's renowned consistency and reliability standards.
Features:- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate for superb audio
- Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
- Mix control allows you to blend your microphone signal and pre-recorded audio
- High-output internal headphone amplifier delivers superior clarity and musical detail as well as more volume overall
- Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording and voiceover use
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Mac OS X
- Tripod desk stand with folding legs for secure and easily portable tabletop use