The AKG Perception 170 is a small-diaphragm true condenser microphone offering outstanding build quality and excellent value. The lightweight diaphragm delivers outstanding clarity and transient response and conforms to the stringent standards defined for AKG recording products.
The Perception 170's design is based on AKG's six decades of experience in making microphones and on input from sound engineers around the world who use AKG products every day.
Its .5-inch small-diaphragm true condenser transducer brings AKG studio quality to the project studio and all other areas of recording. A switchable preattenuation pad enable the Perception 170 to be used close to sound sources delivering up to 155 dB SPL. The heavy-duty, all-metal chassis and reliable gold-plated XLR-type output make the Perception 170 an excellent choice for a variety of live sound applications, too.
AKG is proud to announce their Perception line of quality microphones. If you have never had the chance to experience these mics, here's your chance. Perfect for countless applications, the Perception line is the "secret weapon" of thousands of studios worldwide. Here are a few quotes from some satisfied customers:
Perception Series - Market Reaction
"I do radio voice overs and I can tell you that after using a $1,000 Neumann, a $650 Shure and a $1,200 Sennheiser, this mic sounds better than any of those.
I bought this mic a few weeks ago and have used it for recording vocals and acoustic guitar. The results from this mic were unbelievable for the price! The vocals were clear and warm-sounding. The guitar had a live feel to it.
I own a pair of these mics and have used them to record everything from drums to choirs and they have delivered a very clear and clean sound with awesome detail.
This is the best buy in an inexpensive condenser mic. So far, I have only used it for vocals and it delivers a warm, transparent sound that I have found lacking in other mics in this price range.
I was just blown away by its clarity and presence - It has that sound that mics a few times its price would have."
- 1/2-Inch Small-Diaphragm Instrument Microphone delivers incredibly precise sound with beautifully-detailed transients
- 20 dB preattenuation pad allows use in sound fields as high as 155dB
- Cardioid pickup minimizes off-axis sound
- True Condenser Technology
- Heavy-duty construction -gold-plated output
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Capsule: 0.5-inch true condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/Pa
- Pre-attenuation Pad: 0 dB , -20 dB
- Maximum SPL for 0.5% THD: 135 dB / 155 dB (0 / -20 dB)
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1,000 ohms
- Powering: 48 V phantom power
- Current Consumption:< 2 mA
- Output Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR-type
- Finish: Metallic blue
- Dimensions (inches): 0.9 x 6.3 in
- Weight: 4.6 oz (130 g)
- Included Accessories: Stand adapter
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs