The AKG Perception 120 is a .667-inch diaphragm true condenser microphone that offers solid build quality, outstanding performance, and excellent value. The low-mass diaphragm delivers a clear sound with accurate sonic detail. A switchable 20 dB pre-attenuation pad and bass cut filter make the Perception 120 an excellent choice for a wide range of recording and live sound applications.
Backed by AKG's six decades of experience in making microphones and input from sound engineers around the world, the Perception 120 now brings AKG studio quality to musicians and project studio applications.
Perfect for countless applications, the Perception line is the secret weapon of thousands of studios worldwide. Here are a few quotes from some satisfied customers:
"I do radio voiceovers and I can tell you that after using a $1,000 Neumann, a $650 Shure and a $1,200 Sennheiser, this mic sounds better than any of those.
I bought this mic a few weeks ago and have used it for recording vocals and acoustic guitar. The results from this mic were unbelievable for the price! The vocals were clear and warm-sounding. The guitar had a LIVE feel to it.
I own a pair of these mics and have used them to record everything from drums to choirs and they have delivered a very clear and clean sound with awesome detail.
This is the best buy in an inexpensive condenser mic. So far, I have only used it for vocals and it delivers a warm, transparent sound that I have found lacking in other mics in this price range.
I was just blown away by its clarity and presence -- It has that sound that mics a few times its price would have."
- General-Purpose Condenser Microphone
- 2/3-Inch Cardioid Capsule delivers beautifully balanced response with excellent transients
- Switchable 20 dB pre-attenuation pad, usable in sound fields as high as 155 dB
- Switchable bass cut filter eliminates noise and boominess
- Rugged die-cast housing and dent-resistant stainless steel grille screen
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Capsule.: 667-inch true condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/Pa
- Pre-attenuation Pad: 0 dB , -20 dB
- Bass-cut filter: 12 dB/octave at 300 Hz
- Maximum SPL for 0.5%: THD135 dB / 155 dB (0 / -20 dB)
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1,000 ohms
- Powering: 48 V phantom power
- Current Consumption: < 2 mA
- Output Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR-type
- Finish: Metallic blue
- Dimensions (inches): 2.1 x 6.3 in (W x L)
- Net Weight: 18.5 oz (525 g)
- Includes Accessories: Metal screw-on stand adapter
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs