The Akai MPK mini is a compact mini-keyboard with an impressive array of buttons, knobs and pads to provide "hands-on" performance and production control no matter your location. The MPK mini strikes the perfect balance between portability and comprehensive software control by combining the complete control offered in the popular Akai Pro MPK family with the grab-and-go convenience of the LPK25 and LPD8. With a 25-note keyboard, eight back-lit MPC-style pads, and eight Q-Link knobs, the Akai MPK mini is the ultimate portable controller to get your music moving.
Ideal for quickly entering notes and phrases into your computer, the Akai MPK mini keyboard has velocity-sensitive keys which allows you to accurately express dynamics. Accessing different pitch ranges is done instantly through dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons. Create sparkling, staccato leads and driving bass-lines in a variety of time denominations and patterns with the Akai MPK mini's built-in Arpeggiator. With the Tap-Tempo button you get the ability to quickly adjust the arpeggiator clock, which is essential for staying in sync with a band. The Sustain button holds notes after you've released your hand from the keyboard, this gives you the opportunity to easily press pads and twist knobs without missing a beat.
Akai MPK mini's eight back-lit, velocity-sensitive pads are based on Akai's MPC line of iconic music production stations. It is great for firing one-shot samples and sequencing drum patterns, you can use the pads to send note information, MIDI CCs, or even program changes. Pressing the Bank button will quickly toggle between two banks of pads giving you access to 16 pads in total. Additionally, the MPK mini has eight assignable Q-Link knobs to control virtually any parameter in your software.
The Akai MPK mini is plug-and-play with Mac and PC, and requires no wall power for operation. It has four memory banks for programming and recalling settings in your favorite software programs. The included software editor lets you quickly map MPK mini's controls as well.
- 25-note, velocity-sensitive mini keyboard
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads (2 banks, 16 total)
- Pads can send note information, MIDI CCs and program changes
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs to adjust virtually any parameter
- Built-in Arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and patterns
- Tap-Tempo button to quickly adjust pace of the Arpeggiator
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down and Sustain buttons
- Program Recall button to restore up to 4 separate global settings
- Solid Akai Pro design
- Powered through USB
- MPK mini controller
- MPK mini software editor
- MPK mini sample player software
USB Cable (Included)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Number of Keys: 25 + 12 x 4 banks of drum pads
- Type of action: Semi-weighted - Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: Custom LCD
- Footswitchable Patch Changes: yes
- Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System Real-Time Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CCPower Supply:
USB Cable (Included)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs