Representing the pinnacle of hip-hop production technology, the Akai MPC5000 is an all-in-one music production center that can take a song from idea all the way to finished product. Since the introduction of the first MPC in 1988, the "Music Production Center" has allowed producers to create hip-hop with the most intuitive, self-contained system possible, and the MPC5000 is the most complete realization of that ideal to date.
Integrated Hard-Disk Recording
The MPC5000 is the first Akai MPC to feature an integrated, 8-track, hard disk recorder. Before the 5000, producers who wanted to share their creations needed a to run their MPC into an external recording medium, whether it be an ADAT, tape recorder, or computer. No longer. The MPC5000 is a completely self-contained recording studio that streams beats and external audio from keyboards, turntables, or microphones into a final stereo mix. Add the optional CD-Burner and the MPC5000 becomes an entire production studio in a single tabletop unit.
Built-In Analog Synthesizer
The Akai MPC5000's built-in analog synthesizer boasts twenty-voice polyphony, a 3-oscillator sound genesis engine, and integrated arpeggiator.
Most Advanced MPC Sound Engine Ever
Building on the what's made the MPC such an indispensable tool in modern music production, the MPC5000 sports the most advanced sampling, sequencing and mixing engine ever built into an MPC. With a resolution of 960 parts per quarter note the MPC5000's sequencer provides nearly infinite control over beat and sample trigger timing for all 64 sample tracks. The 16-bit/44.1kHz digital audio resolution means crisper hits, fatter bass, and a more professional final product. The FX engine is upgraded, too, featuring four effects busses with two effects per bus.
There's simply no replacing the feel, production power, and signature sound of an MPC, and the flagship Akai MPC5000 represents Akai's most powerful, intuitive and expansive model yet.
Features of the Akai MPC5000
- 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in. Expandable up to 192MB RAM
- Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with built-in arpeggiator
- Over 300 Virtual Analog synth presets included
- Eight tracks of Direct-to-Hard Disk recording
- Over 40 all new effects available within a modular 4-bus effects processor
- Master compressor and equalizer
- Built-in hard disk drive
- Optional CD-R/DVD drive
- USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
- CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
- Chop-Shop 2.0 - slices a stereo loop into individual samples with automatic pad assignment
- Patched Phrases - creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
- Continuous Sample Track - ensures samples play in perfect sync
- 12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing
- 10 built-in analog outputs, plus 8 ADAT-optical outputs and stereo S/PDIF IO
- Powerful new multimode filter
-Two MIDI inputs and Four MIDI outputs
- Turntable phono inputs with RIAA pre-amp
- XLR / 1/4" combo jacks with selectable mic/line levels
- Sample library provided by Loopmasters.com
As the makers of the legendary MPC series, Akai has been producing groundbreaking technology-based instruments for decades. They continue to build upon their reputation by designing professional-grade products for today's composers, DJs and performers.
Power Cord (Included)
*New OS 2.0 available for download at Akai's website.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of