Yamaha SBP8F3 Stage Custom Bop Drum Shell Kit, 3-Piece
BACK IN STOCK

Yamaha SBP8F3 Stage Custom Bop Drum Shell Kit, 3-Piece

Made using technology that enables thin, resonant shells and nodal point mounting, Yamaha's SBP8F3 Stage Custom bop drum kit sounds great and sets up easily.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 1, 2018 by Tom B in Thonotosassa , FL
"Good value for your money"
Just bought this shell pack for a second kit and I’m very happy with them. The finish is descent quality but had light scuffing of the gloss in a few areas. Not noticeable unless in the right light and close up. The heads are REMO/ UT China...so the cheap version of Ambassadors. Sounded better then I thought they would. I’ll still replace them with Ambassadors or Evans calftones. The bass drum sounds pretty good. I’m looking for a more traditional bop sound and the cheaper heads that come on the kit are more geared to modern music. More thumpy. Still, again, sounds better then I though with the cheaper heads. Hardware is simple, straight forward and good quality. The bearing edges were all good and smooth with the exception of a section, about 1 centimeter long, on the bass batter side. There was a rough/ scratchy patch but I easily sanded it smooth on both sides of edge and it’s fine now. So overall... a very nice kit that sounds good and a joy to play. I’m glad I bought it. You can beat it for the money.
I have played off and on for over 35 yrs.
Rock, hip hop, jazz (bop), blue grass
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?