Yamaha SBP2F50 Stage Custom Drum Shell Kit, 5-Piece
BACK IN STOCK

Yamaha SBP2F50 Stage Custom Drum Shell Kit, 5-Piece

Meet the updated Yamaha Stage Custom drum kit -- equipped with 100% birch shells, an upgraded ball mount and clamp, and Yamaha's Enhanced Sustain System.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted March 11, 2018 by Patrick C in Gladstone, OR
"You cannot go wrong with a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Drum Set"
Before you get all hooked up on the hype and advertising of the other brands, you may want to look a bit deeper. Just so you know, there is a huge difference between companies, and woods and manufacturing. Although all drum sets look amazing on the showroom floor, what really matters, how do they sound in real life. Woods like Poplar and mahogany, are not the best woods for drums. Of coarse, they appealing part is they come with hardware and cheap cymbals, the parents are so value oriented they think its the best deal.. WRONG. If you are truly looking to get the best value, that lays in the promised land of Yamaha. The 6 ply all birch shells are incredible and the fit and finish is not a plastic wrap, it is a actual finish on the shell, the colors are absolutely stunning, and the extras on this kit are among those costing $1,500 more. The Stage custom drum set by Yamaha is one you will be able to use the rest of your life, in any situation, any venue. the best values start here; Birch 6 ply shells, triple flange hoops, 10 lug snare drums, same hardware. most high volume retailers will not even put a set on the floor, the reason being they would only sell Yamaha's at that price point. now, I know this ad sounds like the Yamaha guys wrote it, but be assured I'm a drummer who has played drums since 1967, I have owned Ludwig, Tama, Pearl, PDP, and various other kits. in all situations gigs, concerts, clubs, rehearsal and recording.. My last kit was stolen not too long ago, I just got my new Yamaha Stage Custom kit three days ago. perfect, perfect and perfect. I also purchased the 7 series hardware package, and Sabian cast Cymbals. Do your self a favor, and purchase these drums right here at zZounds.com
51 years
Blues, Rock, R&B, Alternative, grunge, Alt. country, Pop,
24 of 24 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 31, 2017 by John M in Lexington, KY
"Wow!"
First of all, thanx again to zZounds for their great multi-pay plans! I bought the kit with the hardware on the 12 pay plan. This is an incredible value. I put Evans EC2S Clear 's on the tops and left the Remo's that came with it on the bottom. I also put an EMad system on the bass. These drums sound great!. They have a lot of punch but also a deep low end with smooth decay. The amount of sustain is easily adapted with bottom head tuning, but with the EC2 heads I like them pretty much wide open sustain. The heads dampen things nicely. A MoonGel wil almost kill any sustain. In other words the drums have a wide range of tunings and tones available. I bought the Honey Amber finish. This is the only aspect that did not match the ad. Instead of a money color similar to what the pic shows, they are a lot more orange than honey or amber. However, I actually like the finish as it stands out without being obnoxious. The hardware was a mixed bag. The included drum throne has a small seat and while lightweight, is rather wimpy. The snare stand is actually pretty decent as is the high hat stand. The cymbal stands are great. They are fairly light but are very sturdy and stable. The bass pedal is similar to a 2000 series DW pedal and is ok for most purposes but not for heavy gigging. And although somehow it did not register with me until they arrived, I want to point out these kits have 22" x 17" kick drum. That is actually 3" deeper than a standard kick. It is a cannon! If you don't have $1500 or more to spend on just shells, you cannot go wrong with these drums. My only complaint is the hoops seem awfully thin, but I have been paying a vintage VistaLite kit with the old heavy Ludwig hoops. Regardless, the kit and hardware have exceeded my expectations so far.
40+ years playing drums, synth/keys, recording engineer, live sound, acoustics consultant.
Primarily rock, Motown, funk, blues, fusion but also some country and EDM.
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 10, 2018 by Kyle Jones in Riverside, CA
"These are the best drums for your money."
I have been playing for thirty years and have owned many drum sets. These are the best sounding drums I have ever owned. These are not beginner drums. They look beautiful and tune easily with quality heads. The hardware is the best out there. Do not buy cheap beginner kits, start with these. Better instruments will make you a better player, they make playing more enjoyable and resell better. Many professionals play Yamaha Stage Custom Drums. This line also allows you to buy add ons as needed individually, you can easily find extra Tom and bass sizes in the finish you need for a fair price. I was worried about the shipping but This set was packed perfectly with great protection and Fedex did an excellent job shipping. The set came a day earlier than quoted. I ordered it very late Thursday and received at 1:00 on Monday. Nothing was wrong with the shipment. I received brand new drums in perfect condition. I will continue purchasing all my instruments through zZounds. Thank you for the great gear at a great price.
Been playing 30 years semi professional
Rock, Jazz
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 19, 2014 by Old Man in Stockton, CA
"Dont Hezitate. Just Buy."
Perfect shipment. Perfect kit. Perfect look. Perfect sound. Perfect day. Perfect drummer! Haha no but the kit is perfect.
Drummin since
All
22 of 37 people (59%) people found this review helpful. Did you?