A temporary customer reference number is assigned to each customer only while they are shopping on
zZounds.com. If you call our customer service department for assistance, this number makes it easier
for us to answer any questions you have about products, services or purchases.
Yamaha Corporation approved its ability to present another entertaining and handy product to the music market.
But from point of my view, this product is designed and useful for live performances. If you want to use it as a studio tool, missed parts (sequencers and sampling) would be considered as its defect.
Obviously the production team has deeply thought of the name - "Montage". But it makes you remind this product is not made by Yamaha but assembled.
The sounds are great but not much better than Motif XF. The price shows this fact too.
there is no worries when you carry it with you gig on tours. The body guard! keeps it safe from light collisions.
Ease of Use
The touch screen and the menu format give you a very wide range of accessibility.
Still you feel Yamaha has not been so stingy to neglect the materials.
For gig bands it is one of the best choices.
Yamaha is always there to support you.
The Wow Factor
What is that? Is it a plane? Is it a bird? No! it's "Super Knob".
Used to be play in instrumental band and music instructor
Classic, Jazz, Pop & Electronic
15 of 16 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?
zZounds has verified that this reviewer made a purchase from us.
[YOUTUBE VIDEO]: Search "cedric yamaha montage"
1. Think Yamaha Motif 2.0; redesigned with a more accessible, touch interface.
2. Great sounds in all categories (lots of tweakability).
3. Start-up time is pretty quick (I had a Korg Kronos 2 with a 1 min 30 sec start-up)
1. Faders don't always change the volume of a layer right away (you have to move it up and down.
2. You can technically stack 8 layers, but if you get too crazy, notes will DEFINITELY cut out on you.
3. You can't map the transport buttons (start, stop, etc.) for external midi.
4 of 6 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?