Yamaha FG82012 Folk Acoustic Guitar, 12-String

Yamaha FG82012 Folk Acoustic Guitar, 12-String

Create tons of chime and chorus-type effects with this 12-string acoustic. The solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides offer superior balanced tone.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 1, 2016 by Paul M in Houston, TX
"Can't go wrong with this one!!!"
I have wanted a 12-string for a while, but didn't want to spend a fortune on it. I saw this one on zZounds website and decided that if I didn't like it I could always return it. I received the guitar two days ago, and I will not be returning it. This guitar has the highest volume level of any of my acoustics. Sounds great, love the binding on the body and the neck, beautiful sound. I have played several other higher end 12 strings at the local big box guitar store, and I can't feel or hear a difference from the ones that cost 3 to 4 times more. This is my first Yamaha, and I will now have to take a lot more serious look at their other products. You can't go wrong with buying this guitar.
Jam at home. occasional open mic nights
Rock, Classic Rock, Blues
33 of 33 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 13, 2016 by Max H in Brisbanr, NA
"Top marks for a well made guit"
Yamaha's quality shines through again. I own a few vintage FG's, and their attention to detail, playability and overall craftsmanship has not been lost through the years. The FG820-12 is bright and boomy, with no buzz and perfect intonation out of the box. Beginners may want to tune down and implement a capo or have a luthier lower the action a little. I also appreciate the lack of ability to 'plug in', as this is usually done with an under-saddle piezo pickup which in my opinion ruins sound transfer for the acoustic purists. For serious tone, an upgraded 'Brazilian bloodwood' nut and saddle with improve tenfold. 5 stars on most accounts for this little beauty. A real musical companion - on a fair budget - with the enticement of affordable upgrades to really compete with the big end of town.
15 years social playing
Anything I can acoustify.
18 of 18 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 22, 2016 by james Cadigan in Mt Sherman, KY
"good deal"
This is a beautiful guitar and it sounds great, just got it in and tuned up, man is it loud very good sound. i don't know all the tech words and am not a great player ,but I do know it fells good and is easy for me to change the few chords I know and to me is very playable it looks as good as any regular guitar and so far seems to keep tune well
I play at the nursing home and at home, been playing for 20 years but I am not a good musician
Gospel
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 19, 2019 by Barry Hamlette in Farmville, VA
"Beautiful"
Excellent sound, quality, and playability! This is a beautiful guitar, and it plays and sounds great.
I've been playing guitar over 25 years.
Rock, Country, Blues
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 25, 2019 by James Whittington in Granite Falls, NC
"Almost Perfect"
I received this guitar yesterday 4/24/19. Beautiful glossy top,, low action. It sounds wonderful. Will not be sending this one back. zZounds 12 payment plan makes it easy to own. I'll buy another guitar from them on my next birthday! Thanks zZounds!!
20+ years
rock
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?