When you call, mention priority code 20W-31WH
  • Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur 7:30AM - 11:30PM
  • Fri 7:30AM - 8:30PM

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha FG820 Acoustic

Perfect for beginners up to pros, the FG820 will keep you playing for hours. Get a bright, lively tone from the solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides.

"The deal that just cannot be beaten" submitted October 6, 2017

By Bill V in Joseph City, AZ
Musical Background: Guitar, keyboards, drums, 48 years
Music Style: Rock, Motown, Blues, Folk Songs
Overall: I bought the Yamaha FG 820 about a week or so ago and this is the absolute best sounding most beautiful guitar in the world that i feel cannot be surpassed by any other. The action is incredibly smooth and easy to play and the set up right out of the box was phenominal. I wished i could have gotten a hold on one of these guitars a long time ago it is just amazing. The spund and action are every bit as good as all the high dollar guitars if not better and you just cannot go wrong.

"Keep it Real" submitted September 9, 2018

By Mike A in Clovis, MD
Musical Background: 20+ years
Overall: The older you get and the longer you play you come to realize that it's your skills and not that of gear that really matters,i.e Hendrix would have been Hendrix on a Wal-Mart Starcaster, is it nice to have a higher quality instrument? Of course is it necessary? No.This guitar will "get the job done", especially in a recording situation. This guitar is a "bare bones" no frills instrument for working players,once you "make it" go out and buy a 4k Martin or Gibson until then keep it real and work on your technique. I'm not really sure what players get in terms of value when they spend thousands on an instrument a 3k guitar does not sound 15x better than a $250.00 guitar. Some adjustment would be advised on this Yamaha, file down the nut or replace all together, the tuners could be better and the strings meh but this is a fine, professional quality instrument and I highly recommend it.

"Yamaha FG820 Sunset Blue" submitted March 28, 2018

By A T in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: Bought the Yamaha FG820 Sunset Blue edition and boy this guitar looks and sounds great. For the price this cannot be beat. The action was nice out of the box and replaced the stock strings with Elixirs. Sound is fairly bright and crisp, and sustain lasts. Tone I consider subjective, and this solid top guitar sounds just as good as ones I have tried out pricing in the $800 and over range. Well done Yamaha.

"My First Guitar" submitted January 8, 2018

By Thearon S in Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Piano - over 50 yrs. Sometime I play in Gospel group.
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Gospel, and just jam out.
Overall: Hi Guys & Dolls, I received my Brand New Yamaha FG810 and I am very pleased that it arrived on time and mint condition. Packaging was not damaged in any way. Yes, I am a "Noobie", and I can hardly wait to get started on my new journey becoming a Guitarist. Thank you zZounds for this wonderful opportunity. Until next time, peace. Warmest Regards, MrMusic777 - Denver, CO

"Beautiful guitar, great sound." submitted April 8, 2018

By Bob M in Pearl River, NY
Musical Background: Guitar. Maybe I will learn piano. Not a
Music Style: Rock, folk
Overall: This FG820 is a great buy. The sound rings true and clear. Nice workmanship. Very attractive. I love it.

""The best-over-all sounding guitar in the planet."" submitted January 17, 2018

By Romeo C in Bartlett, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have 24 years of frustration finding the "overall best" acoustic sound from a guitar.
Music Style: Folk, pop-rock, ballads, reggae etc.
Overall: I got mine from zZounds last week. great service and superfast. The FedEx is knocking on my front door with my guitar as soon as I hung up my phone. I will simplify this like Algebra. Here is my opinion when I compared it to my other acoustic guitars: 1)It has the boom-punch, warmth and elegance Gibsons. 2)" " " clarity, crispness and sustain of Martins. 3)" " " clarity, loudness and brightness of the Taylors. Although Ibanez AW40 has more sustain, and is my 2nd best choice for the money/budget. Maybe it is because of the scalloped-bracing features that makes it sound different. I think, guitars dont have to be expensive to sound great. If this Yamaha model does not have the qualities you're looking for in a guitar, then you dont need it.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-31WH. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.