When you call, mention priority code 20X-JPXQ

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha EMX512SC Mixer

Be heard in the largest venues with the EMX512SC powered mixer's dual 500 watt outputs, one-knob compression, and great Yamaha sound.

"The best value out there for powered mixers" submitted November 14, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar and sang my whole life. Been doing it full time for about 20 years now
Music Style: Acoustic Rock
Sound: Great sounding mixer with VERY clean power. With the SV115's it sounds awesome. Feature: The one knob compressor is great. The bottom is angled in a way to make the mixer lean back which makes access to the controls much easier during a gig. No bending over to see the settings during a song. The speaker outs and power cord socket are placed high in the back so leaning the unit back doesn't kink the cable. An individual gain knob per channel would be a great addition, but it is very workable without it. Ease of Use: Extremelely easy to use. Even a beginner could dial in this mixer quick. Quality: I've made my living as a musician for about 20 years now and this is my 5th EMX series powered mixer. My gear gets set-up and torn down 5 or more times a week. I've only had one of the EMX's break, and that was because it fell out of a Van onto concrete. That crash caused it to break a circuit board. All the rest were retired after 2 - 3 years so I could stay current. Value: I've had Mackie, Soundcraft, Peavey and god knows what else. NOTHING compares to this unit for the price. I've bought more expensive and gone back to the EMX everytime. Manufacturer Support: Only had to deal with Yamaha once in 15 years. It was quite sometime ago, but I don't remember getting angry! The Wow Factor: To get 1000 WATTS of power in a box that weighs less than 10 lbs? Wow! When you first lift it you can't believe how light it is. That means alot when you set-up everyday. Easy to use and sounds great. Overall: I really stick with all Yamaha now. I have used about every type of system out there and chose this based on hands-on experience. If it disappeared I would replace it with the same.
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great, very light and small profile powerhouse will built in effects." submitted June 7, 2007

By a customer from mikewestwood.com
Musical Background: Pro Musician
Music Style: Acoustic Rock, and singer songwriters
Sound: Excellent sounding Mixer, very clean and loud enough for most bar venues. I play Acoustic Guitar and Digital Piano solo, and the system handles both very well. Feature: I really love the built in compressor and effects on this unit. the compressor is very easy to use - one know. Of course your are not going to get a good of a sound with it as with a separate unit, but the fact that is has only one knob makes it much easier and accessible to the non-technical musician. I don't want to waste time didling with setting for knee attack, etc. I just want to play. The built in effects are very good sounding, but could user more configuration parameters. I would also like it much better with dual effects, so you can have different effects on the Vocals than the Guitar. Speakon connectors are great, and I like the flexibility to be able to send power to the monitors, or not if you have a powered monitor. I gave it the 8 rating because of the lack of dual effects and the fact the there could be more EQ bands to cut feedback. The Feedback locator is fairly useless for me, as I only have 2 instrument plugged in at a time - but I am sure with 2 or 3 mics and guitars is would be helpful. Ease of Use: Really easy to use - especially the fac that it makes compression accessible to anyone with the turn of one know. the on;y reason I am giving it a 9 is because I think the EQ needs more bands to cut feedback, ao even better a notch filter would be a good addition. Quality: Fit and finish is very good, seems well made. It is actually so light I thought maybe they forgot to put the amp in it - I was amazed. the only reason I give it a 9 and not a ten is because they have these goofy removabe rubber plugs to use as back feet when you are not leaning the unit back. I will lose them sooner or later - but no big deal. Value: The fact that you really no longer need separate compressor and effects units makes this well worth the money. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with support, so I gave this neutral rating. The Wow Factor: No such thing as a sexy mixer - but again, the integrated compressor and effects are groudbreaking, so I give it a good score. Overall: I will use this product until it dies and would replace it with the same if stolen. The compressor and effect really enhance my vocals, and I love not having to carry separates.
65 of 71 people (91.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"very well built " submitted October 18, 2012

By Susan Reynolds in Caldwell, OH
Musical Background: musician for 20 years and a DJ for the last 15
Music Style: All types of music
Overall: I have used one of these boards for the past 10 years at least 3 times a week and never had any problems with it at all. It does a super great job.

"LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE * POWERFUL * CLEAR * LIGHTWEIGHT * SYSTEM?" submitted February 21, 2008

By a customer from nycap.rr.com
Music Style: Rock n' Roll, 1920's thru 1990's
Sound: The sound with this unit is phenomenal! Nothing gets in the way of your vocals when using this PA. Adjustments are up to the user to accomplish the right mix. This unit is compatible with most any style because of the EQ and overall adjustments suited to the user. It sounds great with my EON 1500 speakers. I use this live on our band gigs. There hasn't been a room or outdoor situation where we couldn't carry the sound. We do not mike the band and use our system for vocals only. I also run music through it on our breaks. Feature: Features could include a few more effects. We use echo and I haven't researched the best setting for us. This is only due to not having the time to experiment. I don't really understand the speakon cable setup on this unit. They should have used either all Speakon or 1/4" but not mixed both. The main takes 1 speakon and 1 quarter whereas the same with the monitor hookup. I love the compression settings for the mics. I'm also not sure about playing an acoustic electric through this - which I will be trying this on a gig this weekend - that's another reason why I rated an 8 here. Ease of Use: Modifying the sound is very easy with a turn of a knob or an adjustment up or down on the EQ. As i stated previously I don't care for the speakon and 1/4" hookup for main and monitor. Although, this does not hinder the quality and sound of this unit. Quality: This product is made very well. I've owned it for over 2 years now and gig several times a month. It's very dependable. I made a plastic cover for it. Hope in the future that they will offer a cover. I keep my equipment pristine. This unit has longevity. I've never had a PA as light as this unit. Sometimes you wonder if there's any electronics in it! YAMAHA has stepped up to find out what musician's want. That's a large accomplishment! Value: I beleive that this product is well worth the cost. I make this statment based on its performance and usage over the past 2+ years. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to call the company for anything since I have owned this product. Although, I'm sure they support their products. The history of the name says a lot about a company. I have a Yamaha acoustic guitar I purchased in 1982 which plays excellent to this day. The Wow Factor: I like the tilt feature because it's easy to see the controls in tilt position. I don't recall where I put the removable feet for this because I believe they are necessary due to the light weight of the PA. I've been putting an extra guitar strap under the back when I tilt it. I've go to find those feet! You won't believe how light this unit is. Overall: I will wear this unit out and once that happens, go buy another one. What I like least about it is speakon and 1/4" hookup. What I like most about it is the light weight and power.
41 of 46 people (89.13%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"dont think much.. buy it and enjoy!!" submitted October 23, 2007

Overall
Music Style: pakistani semi classical, with karaokes or harmonium, key board and "Tabla"
Sound: great sound and works gr8 for karaoke music. I use it for live performance and practice.. with my busy work schedule I needed something ready to go and easy to use and it suits me perfectly!! Feature: I bought the deal with 2 BR 15 speakers, cables and stands and it works exceptionally well.... a little too loud for my huge basement but I love it Ease of Use: very easy to use... manual say it all Quality: light weight and easy to carry.. Value: cant get a better deal... may be speakers could be better for some extra money Manufacturer Support: my unit is few months old but I trust yamaha The Wow Factor: sexxyyy, only thing I feel is lack of extra effects, the inbuilt effects are not that many specially for my kind of music Overall: as long as it goes... and take good care of my stuff.. so I think its gonna go a long way
18 of 21 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A really good pa mixer!" submitted July 29, 2015

By john bockbrader in bowling green, OH
Overall
Musical Background: i played in rock band during the 80's but now play church gigs
Music Style: rock, blues, christian
Overall: Everything I need in a good pa. very good clean sound, ease of use, lots of good features that can be tweaked for your very best sound. With good size speakers I believe this could be used in very good size venue. I use it with quite a bit of power and no clipping problems. Very satisfied! just received this unit 3 weeks ago, so don't know about manufacturer support.

"Yamaha EMX512SC Powered Mixer with Effects (2x500 Watts" submitted January 10, 2016

By Dalton S in Leesville, LA
Overall
Overall: Love this mixer, it has plenty power and is not too big as some of the mixers with this much power are. I received it really fast also, two days after I ordered it!

"EMX512SC" submitted July 22, 2013

By Aaron L in Poughkeepsie, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play bass in a small amateur band - I've been playing music since I was a kid
Music Style: acoustic, bluegrass, folk, a dukes mixture!
Overall: This is a great powered mixer for the price. It has plenty of power, good effects, and it is very easy to use. It has stood up well for my small acoustic band. I highly recommend it.

"Don't trust a name or past performance when buying sound gear." submitted November 3, 2010

Music Style: Vintage R&R, Blues, Classic Rock
Sound: Lots of power. Poor sound. Effects are "plastic" sounding and unplesant to my taste. Works okay for a cd player. Live vocals hard to EQ. Not even close to Mackie, Peavey, EV etc. Feature: The EQ, Compressor, and effects. No adjustment seems to make them better. OK but never great. Ease of Use: Found it impossible to get great sound from this unit. I tried using it with JBL speakers which have sounded great with everything else. Don't know about instruments. I bought this unit to use for small gigs and for rehersal. Don't like the sound well enough to use even for that. Quality: Fit and finish ok, Dependability ..... the case is made fo brittle cheap plastic and won't take any kind of rough handling. Mine was accidently dropped from waist high onto a hardwood floor and I had to dismantle it and epoxy the screw "towers" on the front in place to keep the thing from falling completely apart. Very cheap. For the purchase price the box should be made of less brittle material. It does still function tho. Value: NO. Manufacturer Support: No dealings with the company on repairs. The Wow Factor: I wouldn't take one for free. I can't get rid of the one I've got. I'd really rather eat hickory bark than try to sing thru this thing. Overall: I could not be less happy with this unit. It has been less than satisfactory from day one. I have had great Yamaha products in the past and this is one of the two worst I've ever personally experienced. (Both Yamaha mixers) Up to now I felt confident about buying almost any Yamaha gear, but now I'm a little more than gun shy.
10 of 21 people (47.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I'd rather have a toothache." submitted April 20, 2010

Musical Background: Active Pro Musician
Music Style: variety- Blues, 50's and up Rock, Motown, Country,
Sound: I bought this unit about a year ago to use for small gigs and as a rehersal studio unit for the band. It has plenty of power, but the effects are not great, and the sound is not good in general. Just not real impressive. We use it now only for a kick drum moniter. I have had Yamaha gear in the past that was great, but I am completely dissatisfied with this unit for vocals. Feature: It has plenty of features, probably too many. Ease of Use: Not much point in using it if you don't like the sound. Quality: Feels light for the amount of power it puts out. I don't think it can take much rough handling. Value: It can't compete with the comparable priced Peavey. I know cause I own one of those too. Not even close. Manufacturer Support: No comment The Wow Factor: SEX APPEAL Overall: I am not satisfied, never have been, won't ever be. If it were stolen, I would cheer and collect the insurance. I'm done with Yamaha for good. It has no trade in value. I tell everyone who asks, not to waste their money. Guess you could say I'm not a happy customer. Sorry Yamaha. I've had some of your good products, this just ain't one of them.
11 of 24 people (45.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20X-JPXQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449