map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20G-MCLT

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha A5R Dreadnought

Crafted in Japan from solid rosewood and Sitka spruce, and outfitted with Yamaha's SRT2 pickups, this beautiful cutaway dreadnought is ready for any stage.

"The search is over!" submitted January 19, 2019

By Mark E. in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 5 years as a worship leader.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I've been playing for over 10 years and I've owned several different brands of acoustic guitars. I have focused my ability to playing rhythm, primarily because most of my guitar playing has been leading worship. My last guitar was a special edition Martin dreadnought. I loved that guitar for its beautiful sound. But I seemed to have to adjust the action an awful lot. I went through some tough times financially due to illness and I pawned my wonderful guitar, never to be able to reclaim it. I know someone else is being blessed with it. So now came the new search. Boy are there a lot of guitars being made out there that sound like something out of a toy store. I have been playing, and reading about, and you tubing just about everything for the last six months and 99% of everyone on you tube believes the guitar they are playing is just so wonderful. Well who wants to admit the guitar they just spent over 2000 dollars on doesn't sound as good, or even come close to a beautiful, phenomenal, craftsman made Yamaha rosewood/ spruce top guitar, like this one I just got from zzounds! Perfect right out of the box! Best sounding playing guitar I've ever owned! I'm 63 years young and Yamaha has been making great guitars ever since I was a kid. The A5R is a total win!!! What took me so long?

"Remarkable Guitar!" submitted August 27, 2019

By James H. in Knoxville, TN
Musical Background: 34 Years
Music Style: Mainly fingerstyle/picking
Overall: I have been a fan of Yamaha acoustic guitars for a long time. I researched this guitar for a couple of years trying to decide if I wanted a "higher end" Yamaha or not. There are a lot of big name manufactures in this price range but none of them (Taylor, Gibson, Takamine, etc...) offered both the sound plugged in or unplugged, and/or the playability that the A5R offered. The lows, mids, highs, warmth, sustain is all there and balanced perfectly. It is weighted decent compared to say a Gibson J45, but not at all uncomfortable. The pickup/preamp is very impressive and it comes with one of the nicest hardshell cases I have seen with an acoustic guitar. The setup straight from the box is great and the first chord I strummed was the "G" chord and I was in awe! The lows had girth and warmth but not boomy and the highs shimmer and ring so well. Strumming, picking, finger style all sound really good on this guitar. Can you get a better sounding/playing guitar? Possibly, but it's not happening in this price range. Not even close! I made this purchase from zZounds about a month ago and am so glad I went with my gut instinct and purchased a Japanese made Yamaha! If you have doubts find you a local dealer and play one. Only then will you understand how good these guitars are!

"I did a lot of research...." submitted July 17, 2018

By Michael M. in Beaverton, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist 40 years.
Music Style: Rock, country
Overall: I read all the reviews of this guitar. Every 5 star review you see is accurate. This is superbly built instrument, easily a fine as my Taylor 324. Plugged it in to my Marshall AD50 and it sounds great. In fact, better by far than my Taylor. Unplugged, the sustain and resonance are outstanding. Neck and fretboard are wonderful. Seriously, I am a longtime player and have owned probably 100 or more acoustic electrics and acoustics. I have already bonded with this after a few hours of play time. There is a reason that it is so hard to find these. When you see one available, just buy it. Thanks for having one zZounds. All the other online stores are out of stock.

"Amazing Quality Guitar!" submitted May 10, 2018

By Richard K. in Astoria, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play professionally, been playing guitar for over 30 years.
Music Style: Mainly bluegrass, blues, and old-timey.
Overall: I just took receipt of the Yamaha A5R about a week ago and I must say after playing 100's of different guitars in my 30 years of playing, this is the best guitar I've ever played! The sound is incredible and the quality of the workmanship is second to none! I am so enamored by this Yamaha, that I'm actually planning on getting the Concert sized AC5R. This is the second guitar I've purchased from zZounds in the past 7 months and once again, I'm blown away! I also love the Pay-as-you-Play!

"One of the better guitars out there" submitted October 18, 2019

By Lisa M. in Amarillo, TX
Music Style: A good song
Overall: I’ve had the a5r for a week now. The sound is even, responsive, nice sustain! I give this guitar a solid 4 stars for sound!! Build quality is very well done on the outside, the inside brace or two has glue residue on them, so if your super picky, you might want to check that out. Wood selection is good, a guitar at this price range that is all solid wood, has ebony bridge and fingerboard is a big win. Gotoh tuners are always well made, and stay in tune for days. The only thing left they could have done is used bone nut and bridge. It’s a good deal, period.

When you call, mention priority code 20G-MCLT. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Domingo 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: