When you call, mention priority code 20N-DML0
  • Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur 7:30AM - 11:30PM
  • Fri 7:30AM - 8:30PM

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha A1M Guitar

This Yamaha A1M guitar features a fresh look, great playability and the cutting edge SRT piezo/pickup system. This guitar is designed for players looking for a reliable guitar with a great sound.

"Best guitar for money in existence.. or runner up" submitted June 12, 2012

By Mark J in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: 20 years producing
Music Style: All styles
Overall: Originally bought a Martin , but returned it after learning sides and back are made of PLASTIC. Sad. Exchanged it for this Yamaha. Was $100 LESS, sounds better, looks better, more robust design, all wood, GORGEOUS full bodied sound, great pick up and hey, it even came with a case! You cannot go wrong with this guitar. It is a HIGH QUALITY instrument and you can sense that the moment you pick it up. Bravo, Yamaha. Made in China.. like everything these days

"Awesome Value" submitted March 24, 2014

By Kalei K in Sugar Land, TX
Musical Background: 8 years, amatuer house player
Music Style: Blues, slack key, picking
Overall: I've had a few lower end guitars from Yamaha, Ibanez, and Takamine. I've finally been able to play enough to justify a more expensive instrument. I set a budget of $1500 and went out to the high end room at GC and started seeing which ones I liked. The Taylors and Martins were pretty nice but seemed to either lack low-end boom or be made of laminate - serious turn off for me. I loved the sounds of the Breedloves and Gibsons but they weren't going to come in under 1500. The A1M blew me away...plays easier then my daughter's Gibson Songwriter and I think it actually sounds better to me also. Played low out of the box. No setup or even string change to make it play well. It's a dreadnought body so it will fill up your arms. If you don't like a big guitar this one probably isn't for you, but they do have a concert size that sounded pretty good also...just didn't have that boom on the low end. Best $600 I could think of spending on a guitar.

"Best Playability and Tone for $500 in the store" submitted April 2, 2018

By Bruce Shaffstall in Elyria, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Since 12, 1961, Professionally, including Musicians Union & booked by American Talent, 65-68, and Managed by Mark Bargar,
Music Style: Late 50's and 60's British Evasion, Paul Anka, Bobby Vee, Bobby Vinton, Neil Sedaka, etc.
Overall: Every so often I have to at least pretend I need a new Guitar. While pretending last month, I decided on a Yamaha TransAcoustic, and ordered a red one in Buffalo NY. Since I currently own Taylor, DN-3, and 214 CE, Godin, 5th ave Kingpin and A6Ultra, TaK EF381SC 12 String, and Current Favorite Epiphone Masterbuilt 500MCE, I had a great group to base a comparison with. The Yamaha's built in Chorus and Reverb quickly became a non factor, and the Tone and Feel of the TransAcoustic, made me want to return the Guitar, which I did after about 4 weeks. I went back in the Acoustic room for 2 hours, and surprise, came back out with the Yamaha A1M. Reason for this choice was based on 75% Playability and feel. It was pretty much the only guitar in the Less expensive Area, other than Epiphone 500mce that had the correct set-up and "Feel" of a more expensive Taylor or Martin. I have done Open Mic and this guitar is close to the more expensive guitars I have in plugged in tone and equal in Playability. Great value!

When you call, mention priority code 20N-DML0. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.