Xotic EP Booster Clean Boost Pedal

Xotic EP Booster Clean Boost Pedal

Featuring a discrete FET design, this pedal can deliver up to +20dB of boost packed with shimmering, full-bodied tone like the original Echoplex preamp!

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 5, 2016 by Tom K in Boston Metro West, MA
"There's some kind of "secret sauce" in this thing!"
I'm not a pedal guy. All I wanted was a stand-alone noiseless clean boost of about 6db for solos while playing rock/pop through a clean single-channel SS jazz amp. This gives me that ... and more! There's some kind of "secret sauce" in this thing - I guess it's the tubey EchoPlex pre-amp emulation - that makes my semi-hollow with medium-output humbuckers come alive. It sounds not only louder but also richer, punchier, and somehow more 3-dimensional. It's also dead quiet whether on or off. I'm setting mine on about 11 O'Clock as a solo boost, but I can see why some people want to always leave it on set at unity gain; I bet it would subtly juice up a Tele or a Strat really nicely. Notes: I have the DIP switches set at 1=Off, 2=On; I'm using a Dunlop 18v AC adapter to get the best performance out of this little gem.
Part-time pro; been playing since 1960.
Jazz/Pop/Old-fart Rock
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 4, 2017 by Fred L in Winter Garden, FL
"Wow....."
I bought this to boost my cleans on guitar and for grins I tried it on my 5 string active bass just to push a little more while i'm in the top end of it. Can't say enough great things about this, it definitely has some magic to it. Only drawback, on an acoustic it tends to be a little "Boomy" but I was able to control it. Definitely worth the money, simple and has a lot of applications.
Professional
country rock, classic rock, blues, R&B
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 13, 2019 by Ed M in Harrisville, WV
"Ok this will be short and sweet"
It's this simple. If you buy one, plug in to it, set the unity gain to zero and the boost gain to say 9 O'clock you will never let the blue light ever go out !!!!!!!!!!!!!Talk about wake up an amplifier and a guitar !!!!!!!!!!!If you don't buy it, you have made a huge mistake IMHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!Been a serious player since 1964. Had more pedals than I could possible remember. If I had this one from the start I could have saved a ton of moneyIt's just that simple It's an Xotic pedal, built like a tank, best boost pedal ever.Only issue with this pedal is..................... NOW I HAVE TO BUY ONE FOR ALL MY AMPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!