Warm Audio WA-47 Large-Diaphragm Studio Tube Condenser Microphone

Warm Audio WA-47 Large-Diaphragm Studio Tube Condenser Microphone

Believe your ears! Warm Audio's affordable answer to one of the finest mics ever made, this '47 delivers tube warmth, creamy highs and larger-than-life lows.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 23, 2018 by Chris B in Minot, ND
"Warm Indeed"
Tracked my first demo vocal session with this microphone, and I really am impressed. I don't own a real U-47 and I honestly don't care how close this gets to that sound; all I care about is whether this mic sounds A) Good and B) different from my other microphones. A) It really does sound good. I haven't had time to try it out on a big variety of sources yet, but on a male vocalist who, on many mics, has a somewhat shrill, ice-pickey thing going on with his voice, this worked wonders. I actually ended up adding a 2dB shelf around 12KHz, and that was the only EQ the vocal needed. B) I guess I kind of addressed this point already in the A-portion of my review, but I'll reiterate: while I can't tell you if it sounds exactly like a stupifyingly expensive vintage Neumann, I can tell you that it doesn't sound like anything else in my (as of now, very modest) mic locker. I don't own any other tube mics, so it's possible I could have gotten similar results with the Rode NTK or K2 and saved some money. But I did like Warm Audio's reputation for quality, and maybe if it turns out their recreation of the old Neumann U47 IS spot-on accurate, maybe... just maybe... it will make me sound like Frank Sinatra. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ One last note on my first impressions of build quality: This microphone is heavy (which obviously doesn't on its own necessarily speak to quality, but it does evoke something of a premium-ness in the overall presentation). It feels like it's well-built. Only time will tell if it's as solid inside as it is outside, but I'm relatively confident that, if taken care of, this microphone will outlive my particular breed of sound-nerd (you know who you are, with your closet full of black T-Shirts and your social awkwardness and your daily diet of Taco Bell and Mountain Dew). The microphone's wooden storage box is a nice touch, though I do really wish Warm would have included a storage solution for the whole ensemble. A little wooden box looks lovely on the mic shelf, but a case that could hold the power supply and shockmount and the fancy Gotham Audio cable would be even better. I (and I believe most potential buyers) would be willing to pay an extra $100 AND forgo the wooden box for an all-inclusive case of some sort. For now, guess I'll store everything in the cardboard box it all came in, though I have a feeling this mic is going to spend most of its time on a stand.
I gig semi-professionally and record semi-amateurly
Country, Rock, Pop
29 of 29 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 17, 2019 by Louis Adams-Diaz in Porter, TX
"Amazing microphone!!!"
I love this mic!!! I’d recommend to everyone... it has such a warm sound and all my vocals come out amazing.... whether I am talking or singing I get the perfect vocal every time. Check out louis Adams diaz on YouTube to hear vocals recorded with this mic.
Texas country artist, recording artist, producer
Country, pop, worship.
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 13, 2020 by Jesse M in Moline, IL
"Way better than expected"
I got this mic with reasonable expectations and it has exceeded them. Don’t think of it as a clone. Think of it as a Warm Audio LDC tube mic. It sounds like it’s in the same family as the legendary 47 but with its own personality. I have not run into any of the QC issues I’ve read about in forums. The shockmount holds the mic firmly with no slippage. The power cord to the power supply fits nice and snug. It’s a solid mic with a powerful sound. I’ve heard people say it has a noisy floor. I did the 50 hr. burn in before use and haven’t run into that issue. Sure I can crank up the gain and really make the floor grainy but who records at those levels anyways. I would buy another one with absolutely zero hesitation. It’s affordable and it’s quality.
Recording for over 20 years. Play guitar, bass, piano, drums and a mean kazoo
It’s all over the place
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 20, 2020 by a customer from aol.com
"Love warm audio"
I have the WA47jt, 87 and this 47. My Lord this mic sounds amazing. Worth double the price
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?