Warm Audio WA12 MKII Classic 312-Style Analog Microphone Preamp

Warm Audio WA12 MKII Classic 312-Style Analog Microphone Preamp

Liven up any source! Inspired by the API 312, the WA12 MKII pre delivers 71 dB of clear, warm gain with switchable impedance and a Melcor 1731-style op-amp.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted July 18, 2018 by Daiquan G in New York, NY
"Amazing api style pre for half the price."
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I have collected a lot of analog pres overtime and collected pres ITB. There is a reason why analog is always the best option. This pre is probably the cleanest out of all the pres I have. When I push this units input gain there’s this nice sweet saturation that you can hear but the source material still maintains this clarity. This is great on everything. I prefer it on drums and guitars. The build is very solid. I find the orange color to be very attractive and it stands out from everything else In my rack. If you want quality at a price point that’s reachable here is a great preamp for you.
I have been producing music and engineering in NYC for 8 years. I play keys and do a lot of analog synthesis.
Rock, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, Lofi Hop-Hop.
15 of 15 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 2, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Really Helps Sound"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This is my first ever preamp I have bought and I am absolutely blown away with the impact it had on my recordings. This and a little tape saturation will really kind of add life to the mix you are working on.
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?