When you call, mention priority code 20D-GPM6
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Washburn EACT42S Guitar

This is not your average classical guitar. With its electric guitar body shape and 4-band EQ pickup system, the Washburn EACT42S is made for performance.

"Washburn EACT 42S" submitted August 9, 2017

By Kenneth James in Paris, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing over 40 years. Guitar, piano, ukulele and bass. Home and church. Home recording.
Music Style: I play almost exclusively folk, celtic and southern gospel.
Overall: I ordered this guitar because I have been wanting an acoustic/electric nylon string guitar for a while but haven't found one that sounded or played right and that would fit my hands. I play Baritone ukulele a lot (my favorite instrument) and I love nylon and flurocarbone strings. This guitar is a beautiful instrument and I found no flaws with it as far as the quality of construction. The tuners were a little stiff but a little machine oil might have fixed that.However, I ended up returning the instrument because the onboard tune didn't work. It would light up and give me the green ok but it would never register the any of the strings I was trying to tune. There was also a slight buzzing sound when I plucked any of the strings even though I wasn't making a chord. I could probably corrected this with the truss rod but since I was going to return it because of the tuner, I didn't want to start making changes to the instrument. The guitar didn't fit my hands as well as I had hoped and I didn't really care for the thin body design Like I thought I would but this is a personal thing and the problems I had with it are probably isolated to this one instrument and not representative of the EACT 42S in general. zZounds was super about the return and my refund. I had purchased it on the 4 payment plan so all I had made was one payment. If you have played thin bodied instruments before and like them, then you would probably like this one. If you prefer overall a thicker, standard type acoustic guitar then I wouldn't recommend this type. It is a beautiful and well made instrument and has a good sound but I would recommend trying to find something similar to try out in a local shop before you order this one just to make sure you would like this style. Of course, you won't know about a defective tuner until you get it so that's just the chance we all take when ordering online. But if everything works right, it is a good value for the dollar and a work of art. I would have given it a higher rating but for the tuner and the buzzing.

"Nice Guitar But?" submitted April 9, 2015

By Orlando G in Bronx, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Classical piano, guitar student.
Music Style: Classical, blues.
Overall: Beautifully made guitar for the money.The only problem is the under the bridge pick up. It appears not to be centered correctly. The bass strings have poor output compared to the trebles. I've seen a fix on You Tube but I'm hesitant to mess with it. I've heard it's hit or miss with the electronic on these guitars. Don't know if I'll keep it yet.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent plus" submitted May 8, 2014

By Remy J in miami, FL
Music Style: a lot
Overall: amazingly amazing
11 of 18 people (61.11%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20D-GPM6. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449