Wampler Tumnus Deluxe Overdrive Pedal

Wampler Tumnus Deluxe Overdrive Pedal

With switchable buffered or true-bypass operation, the Tumnus Deluxe is Wampler's perfected take on the highly regarded Centaur-style transparent overdrive.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 31, 2019 by Justin B in Ruston, LA
"Great OD"
I was super excited to get this guy. At first I wasn’t sure about what I thought about it. After some tweaking and actually playing with it live this thing chimes. It adds some incredible sparkle to my sound. I can’t imagine my rig without it now. I prefer it being on true bypass. I feel like the pedal over takes my tone when on buffered setting. Incredible transparent OD. Pushes your amp just the way you want it to. Very pick sensitive.
21 years on guitar
Christian
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 1, 2018 by CD Thompson in Santa Rosa , CA
"Tumnus Deluxe - Wow Factor Ten"
Wow Factor Ten! Set right in between my EGO Compressor and Faux Tape Echo the Tumnus Deluxe was super easy to dial in. Gone are the days of unequal signal with this set up as the level puts that volume right where you want it. Each note of a full chord is very articulate even with the gain pushed up. Super happy with this pedal.
Playing Live since 1983
I play Bass and Guitar
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 21, 2018 by Nathan W in Vancouver, WA
"Well they made what I wanted exist so...."
I bought it. Is it the most accurate klon clone ever? Of course not, but it's not trying to be. It's not quite as open and fat sounding as the real deal but you do get a very authentic gain character out of it. And it cleans up way more than I was expecting. The mids are at a higher band then I was expecting too which is also probably a good thing. With my set up (fender twin clean with the bright switch on) the treble can get a little harsh but it's adjustable so it's not really a problem. I lose a tiny tiny bit of presence but it's completely manageable. I run it pretty clean actually dipping out some unwanted frequencies, on hot too which seems to fatten it up a little and smooth out my dynamics a hair. Tonally the possibilities are endless and I know I'm not even using this thing to its full potential. The gain really does sound amazing.
Rock guitarist
Alternative, garages rock, psychedelic, blues, folk.
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 18, 2018 by Nathan W in Vancouver, WA
"Well they made what I wanted exist so...."
Rock guitarist
Alternative, garages rock, psychedelic, blues, folk.
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?