Wampler Euphoria Natural Transparent Overdrive

Wampler Euphoria Natural Transparent Overdrive

Dial in the exact overdrive you need with the Wampler Euphoria pedal's three highly detailed voice modes -- smooth, open and crunch.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted March 11, 2013 by Jeff C in Hammond, IN
"Excellent OD Pedal"
I have owned many over drive/distortion and fuzz pedals over the last 30+ years. The 2 finest pedals I own are both Wampler pedals and the Euphoria is one of them. This pedal is as good as it gets when it comes to OD pedals. It is literally 3 pedals in one because of the voicing switch. Very sensitive to playing dynamics and the tone, in all 3 settings is GOLD. I own nothing but tube amps and I play with creme de la creme guitars. This pedal sounds great with single coils, P 90's and Humbuckers. It also plays very nice with other pedals so if you want to tone stack it with another fuzz or distortion pedal go for it! This pedal is by far the best OD pedal I have ever found. It will go from mild over driven sound to all out crunch and anywhere in between and the articulation of individual notes in a chord is never muddy.
30+ years guitar and bass
Rock, blues
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 3, 2014 by James D
"Outstanding Transparent OD"
After trying dozens of various pedals to mate with my very picky Vox AC15 C1, I decided to pull the trigger on the Euphoria. I had owned this pedal in the past and loved it, but I was basing my new pedal purchases off of reviews online, none of which recommended the Euphoria for an AC15. Knowing that a I needed a transparent OD which gave only the slightest mid-coloration, and having had those exact results with the Euphoria before, I'm not sure why I didn't get this from the onset. Thick, detailed, nuanced overdrive without losing your base tone, with just the slightest mid-range enhancement is what this pedal excels at. It gets along wonderfully with other OD's or distortions, making it ideal if you like to stack drives. I have mine paired with a Fulltone OCD, and the punch and sustain are fantastic. It is not a high-gain drive by any means, but you can coax some fairly saturated tones from it. However, I wouldn't suggest it for that. If you're looking for boutique-quality overdrive that won't destroy your base tone, than look no further.
Any variations of rock
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 9, 2013 by Marvin Mealer in Tunnel Hill, GA
"Most versatile drive I've ever used..."
Brian Wampler hit a home run with this one. With the three three different voicings and excellent tone and bass controls you can nail just about any overdriven tone. It does the Dumble tone very well from SRV to Eric Johnson. On the crunch setting with the gain dimed there is a hint of fuzz making Gilmour-like tones possible. I haven't found a bad tone yet! Very transparent, open and amplike to smooth to crunchy!
Multi instrumentalist for 23 years
Modern Worship, Blues, Classic Rock
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 6, 2016 by a customer from verizon.net
"PURE HEAVEN"
Like many here I've been through a dozen or more OD's / distortion pedals. My last quest was both Tube screamers and an OCD. All are good if thats what you are looking for more on the distortion side. Last resort i bit the bullet on this one. When the say natural tone they mean natural tone. Up to a point on the gain that is. No buzzy distortion stuff. I have gone to solid state amps in my old age. This thing is great with them and I can but imagine what it will do with a nice tube amp. I use a little Fender Champion 40 with upgraded speaker for easy carry in jams and a Orange CR60 for gigs. Both on clean. You can get sounds from zero distortion like to your sound up to high gain. I keep it so far under 10:00. It makes my Les Paul and Strat walk and talk. (First and foremost the great service over the years from ZZ)
Play Professionally
Blues n Country depending whats needed.

Submitted December 18, 2014 by Michael Olivier in Greeley, CO
"Transparent versatile tone orgasms"
I've gone through pedal after pedal trying to find an overdrive that could handle a variety of tasks including tightening up my dirty channel and breaking up my cleans with out adulterating the tone of my beloved Orange TH30. This pedal is the perfect answer to all my desires. I can use it to dial in extra sparkle, to push my lows into fuzz, to boost my signal or to add more balls to every quality I already love about my amp. Definitely worth saving a little extra money to get an overdrive of this quality rather than compromising on something that will suck or color tone in ways that are unflattering and uncontrollable.
Recording engineer and live musician. Main instrument is electric guitar (going on 13 years playing live and in studio).
Rock, Alternative, Indie, Emo, Post-Hardcore, Punk, Blues, Experimental, Progressive.