When you call, mention priority code 20W-Q388

Rating and Reviews: Vox AC30HW2 Guitar Amp

Hear why Vox is calling their Hand-Wired Series "the ultimate amp." An all-tube, 2-channel design, the Vox AC30HW2 combo shines with any style of playing.

"Amazing Amp " submitted March 6, 2017

By Josh C in olympia, WA
Musical Background: Guitar/Drums/Recording
Music Style: Rock, electronic, pop, alternative
Overall: I recently got the ac30hw, and there's still much to be explored, but I usually like to give reviews based on first impressions, and then follow up reviews if opinions change. Quality wise, it's solid. Ridiculously heavy I will say. Knobs, switches and jacks are sturdy. Just feels expensive and of high quality. Looks wise, stunning. The pics don't do it justice. No one will ever scoff at this amp. Sound wise, the most important part... Cleans are epic. Neck pickup on an LP through the normal channel set to bright, almost brings tears to my eyes. It's warm, but with a crisp top and smooth mids and bottom. Sounds perfect. The top boost channel, when set clean, has spank and funk. Good chime and note clarity. Slightly crunchy, amazing dynamics and sensitivity, note clarity and richness. Gain maxed, super crunchy, still lots of clarity. Not harsh at all. This amp is loud, and likes to be loud. I'd say it sounds great at all volumes, but I keep the master at around 1/3-1/2 and adjust the individual channel to get the crunch (if any) I want. People have also said it doesn't take pedals well, and maybe some it doesn't, but I use a EHX Crayon, and it can easily take your classic crunch to modern rock (not metal however) while still retaining the clarity, non harsh top, and tight bottom. Another thing to note, the tone controls, do take some getting used to, and have a mutual effect on each other and the overall tone and gain. It's obviously an investment, but this will most likely be an amp I keep for the rest of my life. It's not necessarily the most versatile amp in the world but for a lot of things aside from super heavy modern metal and possibly jazz (it's a tad bright id think), I think it'll do what you need. It makes sense as to why so many pros have used ac30s over the years, and pros now, are using this ac30 Hand-Wired.

"Very nice.Very good tone, heavy as hell,good looking and awesome." submitted March 31, 2018

By jonathan kosyjana in baltimore, MD
Musical Background: Musician, Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Hard rock, Psychedelic, Blues, Jazz, Folk
Overall: So I bought this not even realizing that this did not have a tremolo or reverb tank like the PCB version of the AC30. Which also has an effects loop.So you might want to keep that in mind. I would imagine the other versions of the amp are great too, I just like the idea of point to point better if I ever want to mod this down the road. I have the greenbacks in mine. Anyway, not too bummed out about the trem/reverb as I have a fender super reverb I rebuilt. This vox is more for cranking up and letting loose. the speakers are new sounding, but not bad. Speakers tend to sound better after being played.This thing is like squeaky clean and new. very nice work. this thing will tear your face off if you want it too. In a very unassuming package.Played this along into an ABY switch into my Bugera 1960 with 2x12 simultaneously and nearly melted. I am stoked. zZounds kills it super fast shipping,and service

"Best Amp Ever" submitted May 11, 2018

By Nick Turner in Miramar Beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 40 years. PRS, Gibson are my main guitars. I play professionally 100+ Gigs annually.
Music Style: Santa, David Gilmore styles, Blues and Folk/Rock.
Overall: Tried allot of amps. I play in a Blues/Rock Band and I add a little Carlos Santana and David Gilmore to the Blues to give a unique sound. It is PERFECTION with this amp. In addition I play in a CRAZY HORSE Tribute where I need that Crunch/Grunge. Delivers!!!

"AC30HW2" submitted February 14, 2018

By Mick V in Kinnelon, NJ
Musical Background: 48 years playing guitar. Some times professionally
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country
Overall: Shocking good amp!!! I've played thru everything, Marshalls, Every model of Fender, Roland JC120, Evans, Carr, Blackstar, Kendrick (which was my work horse for years) All great amps but none compare to this hand wired VOX. It's heavy, It's expensive, sounds great at any volume, from bedroom practice to outside festival gigs. If you're a real player you will not regret this purchase. (except when you have to move it)

"Excellent Tone" submitted August 25, 2018

By Nick Turner in Destin, FL
Musical Background: Since 1972
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: I use for live performance. One band is all Classic Rock. Gilmour, Santana, Gary Moore sound. Takes some dialing in to get sound right with pedals. I also use for our Blues Band. Excellent out of the box.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-Q388. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST