Vic Firth SIH2 Stereo Drum Isolation Headphones

Vic Firth SIH2 Stereo Drum Isolation Headphones

Great for studio drummers, these headphones seal firmly around your ears, isolating you from 25 dB of ambient noise -- so all you hear is your headphone mix.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted March 14, 2019 by Robert K in Fairfield, OH
"Major Improvement"
I have the first generation SIH1 with 40 mm diaphragms, and they sound too thin. The current generation SIH2 with larger 50 mm diaphragms have much better bass. I think it is important to note that the impedance is 32 ohms; I've seen some published specifications claiming the impedance to be 250 ohms!
Professional Drummer
Jazz and Rock
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 22, 2018 by Cullen J in Yucca Valley, CA
"A true must-have"
These headphones are incredible. I've had the same pair for about 5 years now and they still work perfectly, if not slightly tattered. They have a fairly good range of sound, but don't expect Bose or Beats level depth. The main selling point is how well they dampen loud noise without entirely canceling everything out; you can hear someone talk at a normal level and everything else that is normally explosively loud is turned down to about the same volume. I've been drumming for roughly 9 years now and these headphones really changed the way I practice. Being able to hear pre-recorded music AND not have your ears blown out is a win-win. They aren't as good with noise reduction as the cordless Vic Firth practice headphones, but you can play audio through these, so it's a worth while trade off. As for durability, I'd say they are high in that category. I've thrown these things, dropped them, stepped on them, nearly ripped the cord out of them, yet they still work perfectly fine. I would recommend these headphones endlessly to anyone. Also, a little tip: if you tend to sweat while wearing these from, say, playing in a way too hot room, be sure to clean them afterward, they may start to smell bad after a while.
I've been playing drums for 9 years and piano for 2. I usually play at home but I've played a few gigs here and there
Metal, rock, indie, pop, ragtime
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 6, 2018 by Hugo v in San Diego, CA
"Worked for about 3 months"
I bought these hoping they could replace my inears so to fatigue after many hours, they worked great for 3 months then shorted out. I do not recomend this product.
Drummer and drum builder
Rock
6 of 9 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?