Universal Audio 4-710D 4-Channel Microphone Preamp
BACK IN STOCK

Universal Audio 4-710D 4-Channel Microphone Preamp

Add 4 channels of Twin-Finity mic preamps to your recording studio rack! The 4-710D's hybrid signal path lets you blend solid-state clarity and tube warmth.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 28, 2011 by a customer from gmail.com
"It could have been a nice addition to the studio if it wasn't for the terrible quality control of these units."
See above.
Sound was good. Very clean.
The tube blend feature is nice. It added fullness, maybe a touch boomy on the 100-200Hz range. We tried it on acoustics and vocals. Many cool output and insert possibilities.
After a little tweaking you can get some decent tones.
We tried three units!! From noisy inserts, to wacky input levels between channels and terrible gain stages like moving the knob a hair and the gain would jump up.
WIth these quality control issues for a 2000 dollar unit I can not recommend it. And I had high hopes for it because Universal Audio makes great products. Very disappointed.
I just returned it to Zzounds. I lost a month over these three attempts. Gotta give kudos to Zzounds with the Returns department. They were prompt and no hassle.
See above.
Over 25 years. Performer, Guitar Instructor, Recording Engineer.
Rock, Metal, Fusion
39 of 42 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 23, 2013 by a customer from gmail.com in Charlotte, NC
""if you have the means...GET one' - Ferris Bueller"
This is all that and then some! I've used it on vocals, guitars bass, DRUMS and it is now my go-to pre. So many USEFUL features. I'm running 4 other pre's into the 4 1/4" ins and feeding the ADAT line to my interface for an all in one unit. The 4 inserts are sweet for adding noise gates to mics if needed or any other rack unit. The compressor is sweet...gets the job done without over doing it. The tube/Trans feature is SWEEEET! his unit made one helluva an impressive sonic change in my sound and recordings. And I DO love that UA sound! I see another in my future! Highly recommended....U DIG...!
Playing since the 70's. Producer, engineer, multi-instrument musician, technical analyst, mixing, etc, etc...
rock, reggae, blues, hip-hop, country, jazz, classical, pop, Christian, R&B, funk, soul...
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 21, 2014 by Bob W in Murphy, TX
"Amazing!!!!"
Bang for the buck is an understatement!!!
Les Paul electric, Taylor Aco
Rock and Blues
2 of 4 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?