ToneWoodAmp Solo Acoustic Guitar Effect Amplifier

ToneWoodAmp Solo Acoustic Guitar Effect Amplifier

Ensure out-of-this-world acoustic effects anywhere with the ToneWoodAmp Solo. This device excites the acoustic's back to project effects through the body.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted March 15, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Fun, limited, and flawed"
I bought this for my PRS p20e parlor acoustic with no awareness of a market for acoustic effects. In a nutshell: it’s ok when it works. The install is VERY specific on the placement of the magnet inside the soundhole; I didn’t have much clearance inside my guitar and once the adhesive touches, it’s on there..you get one extra set of adhesives in case you set it in the wrong spot, so be careful. My biggest compliment: the reverbs are fantastic, especially the plate. My biggest complaint: the delay and OD are dog water, plus the unit clips constantly so strumming hard onto a parlor = bad clipping. It looks cool, easy to play once it’s installed correctly, it eats batteries very quickly, and ultimately I’m left debating whether to keep it or not.
I wanted to state that if this looks like a novel unit, it still is currently. LAG Guitars make an incredible acoustic with onboard effects at a 1k price point and I believe Yamaha is doing the same thing. For $250 this isn’t bad per se, there just isn’t much competition. In relation to these onboard effects of smart guitars, the Tonewood Amp doesn’t have much to offer.
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 30, 2021 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Let down"
The video reviews online influenced my purchase, but I'm let down. The batteries drain fast and starts getting "staticky" at 2.9% (out of 5) on battery life. The unit CONSTANTLY falls of the magnet... I installed it as directed. It's too frustrating to want to use. The good thing is the one or two moments in time that I was able to use it, it sounded good... neat concept. My recommendation would be "buyer beware".
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?