Trace Elliot ELF Ultra Compact Bass Amplifier Head (200 Watts)

Trace Elliot ELF Ultra Compact Bass Amplifier Head (200 Watts)

Small enough to fit in your back pocket, yet powerful enough to rock a stadium, the Trace Elliot ELF packs 200 watts of power into a 1.6 pound enclosure.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 4, 2017 by Dustin J in Wenatchee, WA
"Very Impressive!"
I have owned heads, cabinets, and combos over the years from Ampeg, Carvin, Eden, Fender, GK, Hartke, Peavey, SWR, and more. This amp is truly impressive. Forget the fact that it is incredibly tiny for a moment, and what you have is a powerful sounding amp with simple controls and the basic features a player needs. (I put this through the paces today with a Fender Precision with Flats, an Ibanez 6-string, and a Music Man Stingray. I am playing it through a Fender Rumble 15 cabinet and it sounds great!) The EQ is simple but can give you cutting mids with solid lows or a nice scooped slap tone. The headphone out lets you use it as a handy practice tool. There is no fan noise whatsoever, and my bass sounds solid and strong through it. I appreciate the clip light indicator because it lets you set the gain right where it should be (just under clipping). My Ampeg PF-350 had that too, but compared to this, the Ampeg sounded a bit thin. This is the ballsiest Class D amp I've heard. So, in summary this amp is a contender just on sound and features. (I don't care about effects loops or Speakon vs 1/4 inch speaker outs). NOW, add to this that it is barely bigger than my hand and I find myself very impressed. Nice job, Trace Elliot!
30+ years of experience
Blues, Rock, Gospel, CCM, Metal, and the occasional Jazz tune.
28 of 29 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 15, 2019 by John Wyatt in Leesburg, VA
"Excellent Amp!"
I was unsure if this would sound amazing and have enough power. It sounds amazing! Easy interface, no fuss. DI to FOH sounds great as well. It's 200 watts at 4 ohms. This is enough for small gigs and rehearsals for sure. Plus the FOH DI provides more sound should you need it. Could you play a 300 person venue? Not likely but with a lot of PA support maybe. If they come out with a 500 watt Elf I'm upgrading.
Bass 25 years
Rock, pop, alt soul, acoustic.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 23, 2020 by M P in San Antonio, TX
"Amazing Bass Head! Tone-power"
Dont be put off by the 200 watt max that this tiny head puts out. The tone from the simple EQ is amazing. Loud punchy and intuitive. small adjustments to the 3-band EQ can make a big difference. I have played this head through an Ampeg 810 and a Fender Rumble 2X112 set up. Both with remarkable results. This is not a practice head but a real world head that can be used to gig. The DI is outstanding as well for FOH mixes in larger clubs/venues. Lastly, this unit is built S-O-L-I-D.
Weekend Warrior - 20 years.
Blues, Rock, Country, Punk
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?