When you call, mention priority code 204-DJZN

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 314ce Acoustic

With an open, balanced tone, the Taylor 314 acoustic-electric is a great rhythm guitar.

"Simply A Great Guitar." submitted October 3, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musican
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Metal, Old Country, Alternative...
Sound: I rate the sound 8 because I haven't played every guitar made in the world to compare this one to, (-1 point), and the strings, included, though quality, are not my personal choice,(-1 point). The Taylor 314ce has a full sound with the low E sounding piano-like. It has a very well balanced volume for all the strings, though a touch more on the treb/mid end. Projection is perfect. The tone is great up and down the entire neck. When playing solo, this guitar doesn't have that nastyness we sometimes hear on the high E...the twangy, loss of vol and tone around the 9th fret and up. Many changes to the sound can be done by simply changing the type of strings being used. I personaly don't like coated strings as they take away the organic tone and fullness of sound overall. I highly recommend this guitar for its sound. Feature: I rate the features a 10 because it has what is required by any acoustic/electric guitar; a case, good electrics, and quality sound and construction with exceptional tuning machines. The overall shape of this guitar is the most comfortable and visualy appealing I have held or seen. It's well balanced in weight. The case this 314ce came with is very nice. Well padded with a soft interior. Feels rugged and sturdy and the hinges feel good. With 5 latches, it closes securly. The exterior is a foe-gator skin I think. Other features include the free subscription to Wood And Steel, a publication for all things Taylor to the origional owner. I believe an instrument should sound good naturaly before altering tones, volumes, and effects and the built in pre-amp does this very well. It has little to adjust other than volume, treble, and bass, and an on/off pick-up selector switch inside the sound hole, allowing any other changes to be done externaly. Ease of Use: I rate the ease of use a 10 because of its user friendly pre-amp design, and its fit and function. All the frets of this Taylor are perfect. No fret buzz anywhere from nut to sound hole. The action is low, but not to low as to take away diverse playability. It's not like an electric guitar where it feels like it has a zero fret. The neck is slim for an acoustic guitar and this makes it very easy to navigate. It is comfortable to sit with, weather you play with it resting on the right or left leg, as well as stand with. With 3 knobs with center detents and one on/off switch, using the elecrtics are very quick and easy. Quality: I rate the quality a 10 because of its near flawless construction. I say near because I don't know how well adhisives and clamping were applied during the build process as this will be noticed in the years to come. This 314ce has a beautiful top wood grain, even in form and color and slightly figured. no knots of any size anywhere on the instrument. The ebony has no discolorations either. All the joints are tight and very clean. The binding is great with no flaws all the way around and it's seam is invisible. Wires inside the body are fastened well with no movement. Pots turn nicly and the detent is easy to find. The tuning machines hold the tuning well and have almost no backlash and feel very smooth. Value: As previously mentioned in my sound rating, (8), I haven't played every guitar to make a fair comparison, but my confidence in this instrument is high. Its well made, sounds great, and its affordable as a mid/upper end guitar. As with most consumer goods, value is not 100% based on only the product or the price, but on retailer and desirability. This guitar has geat value to me and I feel I got a very good deal. Manufacturer Support: I rate the support a 10, not from my own experiance, but that of others I know. If you are the origional owner and you have an issue, I believe Taylor will take care of you. That is some of what you pay for when you buy a Taylor instrument. The Wow Factor: I rated the "I want it" a 10 because I do...lol. I have no buyers remorse. Its exactly what I wanted. My choices were a Martin 0016DB, Taylor GS, Taylor 414, and a Breedlove 25/. I chose this for ethical reasons as well as asthetics and obviously...sound. The factory where they make these is a marval. (Watch U tube for them) I am a luthier, (a guitar maker), and I bought one of these because they are wonderfuly made and designed. Overall: I see a great relationship with my Taylor 314ce. Its a great playing, great looking, great sounding guitar. It also has stage appeal as Taylor has a reputation as a young and/or financialy challenged persons dream guitar for most. I first noticed Taylor being used at church by the lead singer. Church or not, I recommend this to anyone with some experiance playing a guitar as its a bit expensive for a starter. (most people who want to play, give up after a short while because of the needed effort and dedication).

"It's a Taylor." submitted November 10, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: This guitar sounds awesome. The lows and highs are definately there, but neither one is overpowering. The mids are great. Feature: The expression system Taylor has developed amplifies your sound as if you were simply playing louder. There is no bias. The guitar and the electronics are perfect for each other. The only problem is that if you have to quickly adjust the volume, bass, or trouble, they aren't marked and may get confusing until you get used to which is which. Ease of Use: Easy as any other guitar to play. The expression system is not confusing. (Except as stated above). Quality: It's a Taylor. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with Taylor's customer service. The Wow Factor: It's a Taylor. Overall: I've owned about 30 acoustic guitars. This is by far the best I've ever owned.

"I Own Your Dream Guitar!" submitted January 4, 2006

By a customer from zoominternet.net
Musical Background: Active Musician, vocalist, church praise band
Music Style: Folk, Light Rock
Sound: Never have had an accoustic electric guitar that sounded, when plugged in, like I shoved a microphone in the sound hole, until this one. This instrument makes me a better guitar player, without even getting any better. Feature: I "like" the included case (better constructed than any one of my previous guitars was), the cord terminating in microphone DIN connector, the combo screw driver/wrench, for neck adjustments, and the included Elixir NanoWeb Light strings. Quality: Would be hard to tell it was "mass produced" if you didn't know. Manufacturer Support: Bought ebony/abalone string pegs, after I bought it, from their website...was a breeze to deal with. The Wow Factor: If you are a singer/guitar player, and you don't have this guitar, or another Taylor, you don't sound as good as you could sound. Overall: I've bought my ultimate guitar...all others will pale in comparison.

"Awesome Guitar" submitted March 4, 2012

By Mitch G in Cleveland, OH
Musical Background: 10 years playing gutiar
Music Style: Jazz/Rock/Funk
Overall: I started searching around for a new acoustic about three years ago. Typically I would go to a few local shops and play around on what they had to build a feel. I've loved Taylors since I played a friend's T5 about 6 years ago. Over the last three years my desire for a Taylor kept building. It seemed each year I would come close to buying one only to not make the purchase because of financial reasons. This past November I finally purchased the Taylor 314ce. Throughout the first week I danced around the house while playing it in pure excitement. The 314ce is able to be played with incredible easy and a mighty sound. I love the cut away for playing leads high up on the neck. As a person stated in a review I read earlier, I was not a fan of the Elixir strings that came stock on it. I used Elixir on my old acoustic but when strung on the 314ce I thought it was just too bright and almost sounded like a harpsichord. I was going into the studio to do some recording and I put on some Martin strings and they made a world of difference. The Taylor combined with the darker and deeper tone of the Martin strings was just perfect, I couldn’t be happier. The 'Expression System' on the Taylor is simple and beautiful looking. I spent about $1,200 on the guitar but it has been completely worth it and I look forward to the growing relationship between myself and the instrument. It always receives compliments and it’s just a beautiful looking guitar. I took off a little off on features and sound because I was not a fan of the original strings on the guitar, but like I said it’s an easy fix to put on some new strings that you desire.

"Thank God for Taylor" submitted June 12, 2005

Musical Background: in christian band
Music Style: rock, alternative christian rock
Sound: the sound is incredible this beauty produces a very bright and brilliant sound which i love and th best thing is that anything you can play on guitar sounds much better and clearer once you play on this guitar Feature: the expression system is definitely amazing technology and makes this guitar sounds absolutely gorgeous amplified and unplugged Quality: its perfect i dont believe there is any room for improvement on this baby Value: it is pricey but completely worth every cent Manufacturer Support: no experience with taylor personally The Wow Factor: its simple practical and sounds great Overall: this guitar could satisfy me for a lifetime and any other sane musician for that matter

"Beware of buying a brand name for brand names sake." submitted October 8, 2008

By a customer from prism.co.za
Music Style: rock, folk
Sound: Unplugged, it is a pleasure to play. Good bass response, clear tops and mids. Plugged in it is horrible, even through the best acoustic amp I could afford, the SWR Strawberry Blonde! The expression system doesn't work for me at all. Feature: It came with a balanced cable. My guitar preamp was still noisy, balanced or single ended. The tone controls are subtle enough to be usable. I wish it had an LR Baggs under saddle transducer. These are simple and work well. Ease of Use: The guitar action was not good. The saddle had to be lowered, but could not be reduced enough due to possible swelling of the body from humidity. I keep the guitar in the case with silica gel. Quality: After just 18 months of owning it and probably less than 20 hrs playing time, the expression system decided to fail. After spending weeks trying to get customer support without much success, I managed to get an agent to promise to replace the transducers under warranty. The problem is the shipping fees to t return it. I was told these transducers fail often and leak oil... wish I had never bought it. Mine is for sale if I can find anyone stupid enough to buy it. Value: This is an expensive guitar. I was prepared to pay that thinking it had superior craftsmanship. I now drool over the Cort NTL custom that I sold to buy the Taylor. It is not good value, especially when the expression system fails. Manufacturer Support: The Taylor website indicates global service centers, there is however zero contact with Taylor themselves. The appointed service center technician was friendly - I still have to get the guitar there & back before I know the quality of the service. If the guitar comes back working then I'll revise the score on this field. The Wow Factor: It never had visual appeal from the start, I bought it because I'd heard Taylor guitars were good, the woodwork is good, the materials are way inferior to a Stew Mac kit. I was disappointed. I now use a Stewart MacDonald dreadnought built from a kit, with LR Baggs transducer. Overall: After 12 - months of owning it, I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Don't buy a brand name for brand names sake. I wanted a cutaway acoustic electric with natural acoustic sound. If I fit an LR Baggs to it, it will be OK, but I've already paid too much. I'm just very annoyed because my expression system just stopped working one day. It's not the battery holder as most people would think. I bought a replacement and wasted that money too.

"amazing guitar..amazing sound..amazing deal" submitted October 1, 2009

Musical Background: active musician,
Music Style: any and everything to do with acoustic.
Sound: Amazing sound quality.. crisp clear on every chord you hit. i just got mine today and ive been researching these for months on end, im excited and can't wait to see how its going to sound plugged in. ive read only amazing reviews on these guitars and i know taylor is reliable, lifetime guitar and i cant wait to grow old with it! Quality: taylor is simply amazing, and the 314CE amazes me every time i play it. Value: if you have the means to buy this product and you love music as much as i do, BUY it. you will NOT regret it! nothing but the absolute best. The Wow Factor: i've been wanting this guitar since ive been playing, to finally get it is like a dream come true. ive sat in music stores and played the taylor 314ce, but to actually own it outright, is just an amazing feeling. Overall: lifetime product, i will never replace.

"Pretty Sounding Guitar" submitted October 1, 2008

Music Style: Alt and finger picking
Sound: I spent several months playing acoustic electrics before deciding that the Taylor guitars sounded the best to me. The 314ce has a beautiful round clear tone. The bass is warm and very well defined. The mids and highs sing a siren's note. The Martins I tried boomed a bit too much for me and the mids and highs aren't as well defined. I bought an older 314ce that has aged wonderfully. It sounds a bit fuller than the new ones. Feature: I guess this depends upon what you are looking for. I was looking for the perfect tone and playability, so I wasn't looking for abalone purling or fancy finger board inlays. My guitar came with the Fishman Prefix which is wonderful. The prefix is getting more expensive and harder to find on new guitars these days. I do wish it had a mic option like the 814ce. Ease of Use: It has a narrow neck with a nice C shape. Since I started playing guitar with electrics, the narrow neck made the switch to acoustic much easier. Its really easy to finger pick. It articulates your pick/finger action with great detail. The tuners are wonderfull and stay in tune. Quality: It is extremely well crafted. The intonation is perfect. The neck after 7 years is still as good as new. The quality of the woods used is impecable. The construction is well engineered. The finish is flawless. Value: I know its expensive, but I couldn't find a better sounding guitar for anything close in price, so I had to have it. Manufacturer Support: Taylor actually lets you talk to a real human immediately. They are friendly and love their guitars. They provide support with the same passion that they use to build their guitars. The Wow Factor: Had to have that sound. Have that sound. Overall: I am completely satisfied with the 314ce. I expect to keep this guitar forever. I love the tone so much I can't see getting another acoustic electric guitar while I have this one. It has been a perfect instrument for me. I feel myself slipping into the music whenever I play it. If for some terrible reason I have to replace it, I'd get another.

"Read this review, it will reassure your decision to buy a Taylor" submitted June 24, 2006

Musical Background: Active Singer/songwriter and performing Musician
Music Style: All
Sound: I have used it in live performance as well as in the studio and it shines. The expression system sounds great. With other guitars you would have to mic them in the studio to bring out the great acoustic nuances, with this one it sounded best plugged in. The only way to get a better acoustic sound is to step up to an LR baggs equipped Mcpherson for about $4000.00 Feature: My Taylor was set up perfectly from the factory, comes with a nice TRS/XLR cord from factory (which i recommend that you use to get the most out of your expression system). The case is nice. Ease of Use: Play it right out of the box.....no setup needed. Quality: Second only to a custom Mcpherson. The guitar is reliable, however any performing musician will tell you to have a spare. I have two 314 CEs. I have experienced slight trouble with the delicate but brilliant "expression system". Be sure your broken string ends stay off of the magnets inside of the body. Value: Worth every penny. I have played several types and the 300 series seems to sound the best and is also the cheapest in their line. I would suggest only getting the 400, 500, and up if you are looking for a "prettier" guitar. Manufacturer Support: Taylor support is great. When you call, which i have only had to do once, you actually talk to a taylor tech who is a guitar player (usually). when my guitar needed service, he instantly (without looking up a number) gave me the name of a highly reputable taylor authorized technician that repaired one of my guitars (worn frets). The Wow Factor: Taylor makes one of the best guitars on the market. The thin body on the 314 makes it great looking and sacrifices zero sound quality plugged in. If you are playing mostly unplugged, opt for a thicker body. It feels good and looks good on stage. Overall: I will never give up my 314's. As they age they only sound better. If i were to somehow be stripped of my 314's i would certainly replace them no matter what other guitars i own.
30 of 33 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 204-DJZN. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449