When you call, mention priority code 200-XZM5

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 310CE Acoustic

Get a warm tone from the African mahogany back and sides and a bright tone from the sitka spruce top that is perfect for rhythmic strumming and even flatpicking.

"Clarity and precision" submitted November 14, 2007

By a customer from ship.edu
Musical Background: Active Musician of 11 years
Music Style: Alternative/Indie/reggae/classic
Sound: I think the character of this guitar really spoke to me over others in the same price range. I've been really turned on to the quality, projection and clarity of Taylors over the past few years. I loved Martin's as a kid because they looked so perfect, sounded great and were made near my hometown in PA. However, being such a reputable brand, if not the most widely known and used, has allowed them to hike the prices up. Taylor is still offering great guitars for decent prices. I liked the 110 and 210 for the sound, but the 310 definitely beats it out. I was even ready to shell out for the ovangkol 410ce, but in comparison, the 310ce actually sounded better to me. I love the warmth that the mahogony brings. I do think the midrange could be slightly more present, but the guitar as a whole ranks up there with a D-28 for being a classic in what it does, which is project a crisp, clean sound in the purest form with real woods. It does do fingerpicking very well, but it also performs as a lead instrument and strummer. Feature: Simplicity is the name of the game kids. As another smart guitarist already mentioned, typically a more ornate and decorated guitar is going to lack in sound. Often times the inlays can actually muffle the sound and so can the finish. I find the satin back and sides finish allows the guitar to really vibrate and the glossy spruce top reels that sound back in calmly. So overall it's bright, but controlled. I always am one for tone above fancy-ness, and this guitar has loads of it. It does feature real wood back and sides, even though it's a cheaper mahogony, it's an African Mahogony, which def. has an exotic appeal and look to it. I like better than the American neck it comes with. I love the fact that it has a strap button the neck heel joint, a BIG plus. Expression system is great, although it sounds so much like the real guitar unlugged that I kind of wish it had more of that rubbery sound that a Fishman preamp might give. However, it sounds great still, just a little too bright for my liking at times. Nice pearl dot inlays, ebony fretboard, great guitar. Ease of Use: Um, this one is pretty easy to figure out. If you play good, you'll sound good. If you suck, chances are, you're still going to suck, but this guitar will make you suck gracefully until you begin playing well. It's a great guitar right out of the box and I've made no adjustments yet. Quality: Great looking cosmetically, although simple, it still has the look of an elegant and expensive guitar. I love the Elixir strings, in fact, they have won me over and I use them now exclusively on acoustics, despite their $16 price tag. It's worth it! Esp. on the Taylors. It's like PRS and Mesa/Boogie, they always sound good together and seem built for each other. Same with this combo. Value: I would give it a 10, but it does have slight shortcomings, which are no more than any guitar in this price range. I think they could sell this model for $1,000, but for how much popularity it has, it's gone up. Manufacturer Support: no repairs have been needed or made, but they do provide a lot of literature and even a DVD on how to use the expression system as well as hydrating your guitar properly. I found everything provided useful and interesting, as well as incredibly relative. The Wow Factor: the sound is the sexiest part of this guitar. i had the privilege of trying it out with 2 other Taylor models of lesser and greater values respectively. My buddy handed me each one while I was playing and singing a song and it was so great because we could actually hear the difference in motion and in real-time. I really got a great feel of how each model would perform and needless to say, this one won the battle of the "I Want It" factor. Overall: I hope to enjoy many years of use and maybe some abuse with this guitar!
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Whatn the best bang for your buck try on a Taylor 310ce!!!" submitted December 3, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Country, Rock but mostly play what ever pops into my head, mostly my own riffs.
Sound: I played this and a comporable Martin, The Taylor 310ce has a much smoother sound which sounds great when playing slow and even better when jamin strong. Hard playing has absolutly no reverberation. Feature: The expression pickup system works great. I was amazed at the level it picks up the accoustic sound with no distortion and amplifies it to sound just as it does without an amp but just louder. Quality: You won't find a better made accoustic in this price range. Value: Stated before the very best value in it's class. Manufacturer Support: I've had no direct support from Taylor but their in the box documentation on keeping the correct humidity and the importance of that along with their well organized web site lends me to feel any support you would receive would be friendly and helpful. The Wow Factor: Appearance is good for the price range but the painted on Taylor is the only cheap appearance on the guitar. Overall: I figure the 310ce is a lifetime keeper for me. I play for my own pleasure. The 310ce more than meets my expectations and I'm sure it will give more years of service than I will need. My son will love to play his dad's Taylor long after I am gone and I ain't going anywhere soon.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I love this guitar!! " submitted November 13, 2012

By Natasha W in Sackville, NB
Overall
Musical Background: As a mother of two my Taylor has been collecting a little dust lately but a couple evenings a week she gets to breathe.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Alternative, Country
Overall: I've been playing guitar for 12 yrs, I started on a yamaha and then bought my 310ce 9 yrs ago and there is no comparison! lately I only play at home unplugged (kids are usually sleeping when I get to play) but unplugged or plugged you will never regret this purchase!!

"Taylor 310 CE - Does it all affordably." submitted January 3, 2005

By a customer from jpmchase.com
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years in a couple of bands and solo.
Music Style: Grungy rock, fingerstyle ballads.
Sound: This is the warmest, best sustaining, most mellow, and most pronounced of all the Taylor models. It presents a rich tone when playing either finger-style, flat picking, or grungy rhythym. I pipe it through a Yamaha EMX5000 powered mixed along with vocal on small stages and it does very well. The mids are a little weak, but over all, it is well balanced. I played it on stage in a 1000 seat auditorium for a couple of years with a rock worship band and it competed well with other amplified instruments. Feature: The pre-Taylor Expression System electronics has always satisfied me. If the Expression System is better, well, that will be the electronics they use in Heaven. Quality: The craftsmanship is superb. My 310 CE has never needed adjustment or repair and I tote it around alot and play it pretty hard. Value: I've played other-brand $4000 instruments that would serve better as fireplace kindling and I've played other-brand $500 instruments that I would be happy to record with. The 310 is the best sounding of all Taylor instruments, yet is among the least costly of the Taylor models. Manufacturer Support: Taylor was each to reach when I had questions. I've never had any problems for them to fix. The Wow Factor: Anyone who selects an acoustic guitar primarily for it's looks doesn't know anything about acoustic guitars. Generally, the better an acoustic guitar looks, that is, the more decoration and ornamentation, the less acoustic it sounds. The 3xx series are not "gorgeous" instruments, but still, they are pleasing to look at. I'm always proud to see mine from the back of an auditorium, sitting there on stage under the lights. It's a simple, yet pretty instrument. Overall: I search for a year for an instrument that sounded well, both with solo finger style/vocal (sitting alone on a bar stool on stage) and with wild rock and roll (beating the who out of it) and the 310 does both.

"This is a sweet instrument for gig use. I would love to have a more laid out Taylor, but for the dollar I think it's the best ac" submitted December 13, 2004

By a customer from cleanfit.com
Musical Background: hobbyist and active
Music Style: Folk, country, country rock.
Sound: This guitar has a warm smooth tone under soft play and a good bite when you hammer on it. Not quite as bright as other Taylor models, but I actually like that. Feature: Like the all wood feature at the price. Haven't used the electric feature yet. Quality: Materials and construction are among the best. Value: Well worth the money. Best in it's class! Manufacturer Support: Haven,t dealt with Taylor yet, but from what I've heard from others, they are first class. The Wow Factor: Fairly plane jane. I'm more interested in playability and sound at this price point. Overall: I would be sick if I lost this one, but I would go right back and get another!

"This guitar comes alive in your hands!" submitted January 9, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist and jame with friends
Music Style: Rock, Country, folk. Alternative
Sound: I love the wide range of this guitars tones, most of all the mids and lows. The whole guitar vibrates in my hands. I like this guitar both by its self or thru my amp. Feature: I like the pick up takamine put in this, external battery, tuning and can mute to tune. Most of all I like the external battery as I have returned some guilds ect. because of the internal battery that you had to loosen or remove strings to get to it. Ease of Use: Played fantastic right out of the case. Strings adjusted very close to the neck and plays like a dream. Quality: I love the inlays in the neck as they are not huge but not just the dot. I can feel vibration when struming or if I have music playing thru the whole guitar, like its alive. Very sturdy case and travels well. I have not had any problems and holds tune very well. Value: Well we would all like to pay less for a product but I feel I got my monies worth. Have played other guitars high and low of this price range and am happy with my purchase Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with takamine but with the quality they put into there craftmanship am sure anything under warrenty would be delt with to my satisfaction. The Wow Factor: I like the bright black finish this guitar has and my friends love the looks to. Easy to hold and plays like a dream. Overall: If anything happens to this guitar I will replace with the same. As I said before I have played guitars in same price range, higher and lower. My main guitar is a 6 string Taylor 310CE that I paid more for and love both equily.

When you call, mention priority code 200-XZM5. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449