TASCAM US-16x08 USB Audio Interface
BACK IN STOCK

TASCAM US-16x08 USB Audio Interface

Record 16 analog sources over a USB cable! This single-rack-space interface packs in 8 XLR preamps, 2 front-panel line/instrument inputs, plus 6 line inputs.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 21, 2017 by Mike Street in Woodstock, GA
"Great Product"
I've been using the Tascam US-16X08 for about a week now and I'm completely satisfied with the operation. It's a great little unit for the money. I would however advise that when you go to download the drivers and firmware that you take the extra time to download the "Reference Manual" as well. The owners manual has very little information. Overall, it's perfect.
Been playing all guitars for over 40 years.
Rock/Southern Rock
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 25, 2017 by Kyle R in Dunbar , WV
"Great product!"
I bought this to record my death metal band and let say it was worth it. The clarity in the preamps is noticeable from the start. I close mic my whole drum kit use overhead and room mics and didnt have any unwanted hum or hissing. Wish i would've got the 20x20 but im not complaining. Little tough to figur out for beginner just read the manual and online tutorials.
Metal musician for 15 years.
Death metal.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 6, 2020 by G M in ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL
"Yes it does have 16 Analog Inputs but only 8 Mic Pres"
8 Mic pres + 6 Line (-10/+4 switchable) + 2 Line/Instrument = 16 analog inputs x 8 assignable Line outs. If you don't need digital inputs, this the the one for you. The guy who wishes he should have bought the Tascam 20x20 may not know it only has 8 analog inputs. If you need digital inputs get it but if you want 16 analog ins this is the one. If you need more than 8 mic pres, you'll have to buy/build outboard preamps you can then run into your line ins. BTW, I have 4 outboard mic pres.
Since reel to reel was the only way to record (before cassette).
When I started playing we called it Rock but I guess you'd call it Classic Rock.

Submitted April 12, 2016 by Chris K in Woodstock, GA
"Initial thoughts - Very positive experience so far"
Okay, so I have this in my studio now and have been playing with it for a while. The only thing I don't like so far is that my levels on the 1/4 inch ins (11 - 16) are less than stellar. To save my xlrs, I put my non phantom mics on mono benders. I tried Stereo benders but it wasn't any better - I guess I'd have to go DI if I really wanted more push (currently -15ish is about the best I get and that's really popping the drums) - also, trying to boost with the interface app doesn't seem to be very effective. Regardless, overall quality is really good as long as you do what they tell you to do to reduce latency (turn off network and virus checking). There are some quirky things with balancing playback but I haven't had much of an issue.
Drummer for many years :) / Home Studio
All styles

Submitted February 15, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Tascam US-1608"
So far so good.. 16 track is plentiful for what I'm doing. I have no issue so far. Work's great with studio one 5. Easy to config Input and Out setting. I recorded 8 channels Simultaneously so far without any glitches.

Submitted June 7, 2016 by Chris K in Woodstock, GA
"Absolutely best deal for the money"
Using Windows 10, downloaded most current drivers and using Cakewalk Sonar Platinum. Had some initial severe audio latency but made adjustments per both Sonar and TASCAM and it is probably less than 10ms. Only issue I have is gain control for inputs 11 - 16 - using these for my drum mics and even boosting the gain doesn't get full sound ... (usually peaks around -12 to -15 db).
Playing over 40 years. Drummer/Percussionist by training. Home studio.
All styles

Submitted November 26, 2016 by a customer from gmail.com
"Great Product by Tascam as Usual"
Great interface for the price. Tascam always has great recording gear!

Submitted December 26, 2017 by Chris K in Woodstock, GA
"SERIOUS FIRMWARE UPGRADE ISSUE - TASCAM SILENT"
I have to admit - if I had written this review yesterday it would have been 4 start but today - yeah, not so much. Decided it was time to update drivers and firmware. At 27% through the process, the updater asks me to cycle power on the unit. As I was doing that, I noticed that the USB light was no longer on - cycled it anyway. Upgrade process claimed it couldn't find the device. Went to Tascam site, nothing - finally found a thread on Tascam forums that has been going on since October with three other posters who have had exactly the same issue. No response from Tascam AT ALL - I have opened a case with them but I suspect I will not actually get a reply - DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE if you ever want to do any type of upgrade. VERY DISAPPOINTED in TASCAM. zZOUNDS, if you're watching this, you should really get all over them - I'll still buy from you guys but I don't know that I will ever buy another TASCAM product.
40+ years, Drums - primary with some keys and guitar.
Love all styles
5 of 8 people (63%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 23, 2015 by Jack B in Flash, CA
"Love It! Fantastic sound quality -- far better than my Focusrite 2i4. Higly recommend."
Fantastic sound quality -- far better than my Focusrite 2i4. Asio driver gives low latency. Great value for the price. I highly recommend this product.However, there a some things to know . . . .You may have to do a few simple things to your computer to prevent clicks and dropouts. These are steps that stop your computer "interfering" with the audio processing as it executes some unnecessary tasks: 1) Set Power Management to "High performance".2) Turn off some of the fancy visuals, like Windows Aero.2) Disable advanced power-saving and dynamic performance options for your CPU. This usually needs to be done in the BIOS or UEFI of your computer and includes Enhanced Intel SpeedStep (EIST), AMD Cool 'n' Quiet, Intel Turbo Boost, and AMD Turbo CORE. I disabled Cool 'n' Quiet on my AMD CPU in the BIOS, and it dropped CPU usage from 70% to 30%. The clicks and gapping disappeared.4) I had to stay with the v.1.00 driver; v.1.01 would not install. However, v.101 only added Chrome compatibility, and I don't use Chrome.The unit does have EQ and Compression in the software panel, so you can optionally use those when you are monitoring during recording or performing, but it doesn't provide Reverb. However, by using your DAW, you can add Reverb or any other effect while recording so the performers can hear that in the headphones. I use Sonar, and did it this way: In your DAW, create a Bus. On each Track you want Reverb, create an Send output to the Bus and set it to Pre (send signal before Fader) Pull the Track Fader all the way down. Put the Track's Input Echo - ON Arm the Track for recording with the Record button. In the Bus, load the Reverb effect, and set it to full Wet. Set the Bus Output to US 16x08 Out 1. Use the Fader to adjust the amount of reverb desired. On the Master Bus, pull the Fader all the way down.The Sonar window must always have focus for this to work.SUMMARY: Although the unit apparently works OK for most people right out of the box, for a few unlucky individuals, like me, you need to make a few simple tweaks to get it to work. Also, if you want Reverb or other effects during monitoring, use the technique outlined above.
40 years in music.
16 of 19 people (84%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 23, 2015 by Jack B in Flash, CA
"Fantastic sound quality!"
40 years in music.
5 of 8 people (63%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 12, 2020 by Thomas E in Fort Worth, TX
"Not What I Hoped For"
This review is simple. I have a Behringer UMC404HD that I use for Podcasting and to play-back YouTube video backing tracks while recording myself practicing guitar to those tracks, and recording my music. I usually use Audacity or Ardour, but occasionally I use Tracktion all with no issues. This past week everything stopped working. I thought the Behringer died because it quit working. I tried it on 3 of my Windows PC's and it had the same issue on all three PC's. I then went online and did some research on a new interface and decided to try the TASCAM US-16x08. TASCAM is a name I've long heard about in recording, so I assumed I'd be getting a top-of-the-line, even if mid-tiered, device. When the US-16x08 arrived I hooked it and downloaded the drivers, installed them and boom. It didn't work either. It got pretty much the same error, with the same symptoms. To make this short. I did some research on the error I got from the TASCAM and it turns out that several months ago Windows released an update that turns off the Windows input microphone as a new default setting. Once I got that info and corrected that setting and sure enough the TASCAM started working. Sort of. Here's the real review. It seems the TASCAM demands to have total exclusive control over the Windows sound system to record. That means I can't play along with the Youtube stuff I use for practice. It also prevents me from playing back anything that isn't coming through whatever DAW I'm using at the time. In fact, If I'm listening to anything and I load up any DAW, the audio playback continues but goes silent. I can't hear it and I can't record it. It doesn't matter the audio source if it's not coming from the DAW, then I can't use that audio. I can still use the TASCAM to record, but I expected a similar experience like with the Behringer just with more inputs and outputs as options. Turns out there are fewer options than with my Behringer UMC404HD. At this point, I feel like I've blown $300 on something that I can't use the way I need to use it. For me, the TASCAM US-16x08 is not worth the money for my uses.
30+ years, vocals and guitar, I have played professionally, and at home.
Rock, hard, metal, classic, etc...
of 3 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?